Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So how'd everyone do at the shootout tonight??? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So how'd everyone do at the shootout tonight???
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
This is one area where we did screw up. The organization of the lanes and classes.

A few things contributed to this, but I was not prepared for it as well.

First, the track wanted to call different lanes at different times (for some reason they skipped B1 in eliminations.)

As for calling cars to the lanes... I had invisioned having everyone pit in the back and calling up the classes when we were ready to run them. The track said with how little time we had that wouldn't work. And with how little space was available from the prior event it made it difficult to do.

And after we found out there was an issue with the lanes being marked wrong and people in the wrong lanes I did send someone down to the end of the staging lanes to direct traffic. I think that person decided not to do that...

Chalk up one more learning experience for next year...

when the track "forgot" to call bracket 1 to the staging lanes, is right after jason mack's outlaw mustang oiled the right lane down

i dont think it was an accident that they sent bracket 2 out first, they just figured they would send the slow cars down first, who cares for fairness [Roll Eyes]

This is exactly what pissed me off and the reason why I got screwed. When I went and complained about this I was told that they didn't want to send the fast cars down because the lane just got oiled down. Which is complete BS. I paid the same as everyone else and have the exact same potential of losing traction and hitting the wall as any car. Which I did loose all traction when I launched the car at 5k+ I had to get out of it right away.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
This is one area where we did screw up. The organization of the lanes and classes.

A few things contributed to this, but I was not prepared for it as well.

First, the track wanted to call different lanes at different times (for some reason they skipped B1 in eliminations.)

As for calling cars to the lanes... I had invisioned having everyone pit in the back and calling up the classes when we were ready to run them. The track said with how little time we had that wouldn't work. And with how little space was available from the prior event it made it difficult to do.

And after we found out there was an issue with the lanes being marked wrong and people in the wrong lanes I did send someone down to the end of the staging lanes to direct traffic. I think that person decided not to do that...

Chalk up one more learning experience for next year...

when the track "forgot" to call bracket 1 to the staging lanes, is right after jason mack's outlaw mustang oiled the right lane down

i dont think it was an accident that they sent bracket 2 out first, they just figured they would send the slow cars down first, who cares for fairness [Roll Eyes]

This is exactly what pissed me off and the reason why I got screwed. When I went and complained about this I was told that they didn't want to send the fast cars down because the lane just got oiled down. Which is complete BS. I paid the same as everyone else and have the exact same potential of losing traction and hitting the wall as any car. Which I did loose all traction when I launched the car at 5k+ I had to get out of it right away.
One other quick thing that was screwed was that they said that the bracket 2 guys would have the 5/10th lights and in the first round it was wasn't...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what did your vert end up runnin again ?

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
what did your vert end up runnin again ?

The best time of the night was 11.60 at 116.

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
very nice!

Thank you... [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com