Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So how'd everyone do at the shootout tonight??? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So how'd everyone do at the shootout tonight???
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember Norm brought out his mustang to the last free grudge. And C.Chow had hid buick so there was some heavy hitters there.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Anyone know what happened to Rick and his Cobra?

Tony, Marc i didn't even get to see you guys or your cars run how did you guys do (or did you even race?)

John it was nice to meet you and your coupe is really clean [worship]

Marc and I were looking for Rick too...I wanted to see him click off a 10 second run. [Big Grin] I know he said he was gonna be there in the previous posts.

I saw you drive through the pit area and that was about it.

I was in bracket2 and dialed in at 11.59. I ran an 11.60 @116 but red lighted with a -.046 reaction time... [Frown]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twstd5.4:
quote:
Anyone know what happened to Rick and his Cobra?

Tony, Marc i didn't even get to see you guys or your cars run how did you guys do (or did you even race?)

John it was nice to meet you and your coupe is really clean [worship]

Marc and I were looking for Rick too...I wanted to see him click off a 10 second run. [Big Grin] I know he said he was gonna be there in the previous posts.

I saw you drive through the pit area and that was about it.

I was in bracket2 and dialed in at 11.59. I ran an 11.60 @116 but red lighted with a -.046 reaction time... [Frown]

I didn't get much time to check things out as i blew the I/C pump fuse right when i got there and thank god there was a guy in a RED GT w/ slicks that had a spare and saved my pathetic night [worship] (if you're out there THANKS AGAIN i owe ya a nice cold one)

How did Marc do?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Marc's car wasn't ready... Lentech screwed him over and his parts haven't arrived yet. [Mad]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Marc's car wasn't ready... Lentech screwed him over and his parts haven't arrived yet. [Mad]

Yeah they have Me cornered I was just going to cancel my order and order a pa valvebody from summit but those are on back order also. All I can do is wait!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Yeah they have Me cornered I was just going to cancel my order and order a pa valvebody from summit but those are on back order also. All I can do is wait!
That sux! [Mad]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ September 12, 2005, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: jayl ]

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just like to apoligize publicly to all racers and fans who were inconvienced due to my oil down! I know how pissed you guys who were out there must have been, and I can't tell you how pissed and embaresed I was! I have had some really bad luck with the car this year and was really hoping to put on a show that night with some fast passes. But again sorry for the hassle we caused.
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter:
I would just like to apoligize publicly to all racers and fans who were inconvienced due to my oil down! I know how pissed you guys who were out there must have been, and I can't tell you how pissed and embaresed I was! I have had some really bad luck with the car this year and was really hoping to put on a show that night with some fast passes. But again sorry for the hassle we caused.

Much respect for the apology but to me that's part of racing and to be expected ....and that was just a drop in the bucket of things that went wrong with the event.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have nothing to be sorry about. Shit breaks, we've all been there. I think most of us are upset with the overall event and how things went.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If my posts came across wrong then I am sorry. I was told that your line failed from INSTALLATION. Not that you split the line. I am not talking down to this driver or car at all.

But from what I heard (from people who know the car/driver) the same thing happened twice and they were saying it was caused from poor installation.

Now, if the line actually split (never seen a good quality steel braided line "split") then there must be something else going on.

Either way, $4,000 in turbo's in under two weeks has got to be hard to swallow.

Wish we could have seen your car make a good pass.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Don't trip, it was a badass burnout and that car looks sik as hell. I just hope you get the problem fixed soon so you can run it! [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:

Don't trip, it was a badass burnout and that car looks sik as hell. I just hope you get the problem fixed soon so you can run it! [worship]
Hey it's racing...stuff happens.

I'd seen you run once before and can't wait to see you run again... [patriot]

02EBZ06
¯
Member # 436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02EBZ06  Ford pictures for 02EBZ06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just want to say I had a blast out there, but only got two good passes in. I think test n tune is more fun to run. Even with all the lane jumping, etc, I still think they moved things fairly quick. I got 4 passes in after arriving at 8pm.

93PONY, I asked where tech was at the gate on arrival and they told me way in the back!!!!!!!
I think you and your wife did a great job teching people in. I was totally late for the event and was never so happy to see people in the tech lane when I drove up. I was teched in within 3-5mins.
Thanks.

BOUNTY HUNTER, very cool ride, also I heard what sounded like a slightly off balance turbine when you did your burn out. Could be wrong, just thought you would be interested. Whatever on the oil drop. I had very little problems with traction in that lane later. Actually gave my engine time to cool down.

I think its time for another --->>>EFI<<<<----
event, for late model stuff. No race cars, just street machines...

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good fun overall.
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John why tr rolled eyes at the car you raced? don't you run stroker plus power adder too? [Confused] Just wondering.

By the way it was nice to talk to you bud!!

You have a PM too! [patriot]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do run a stroker plus power adder. The only issue I had was the stink that was raised with Kwikrob wanting to run (carb'd) and then this. Shit happens. [Frown]

Thanks for the info on the bracket~

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heres a nice vid of the racing:

dial-up beware...75mb

[ September 15, 2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
john91coupe's 1st run for the night
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=1D23E22A-43C9-4597-A4C2-FE136BF77C61

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 02EBZ06:
Just want to say I had a blast out there, but only got two good passes in. I think test n tune is more fun to run. Even with all the lane jumping, etc, I still think they moved things fairly quick. I got 4 passes in after arriving at 8pm.

93PONY, I asked where tech was at the gate on arrival and they told me way in the back!!!!!!!
I think you and your wife did a great job teching people in. I was totally late for the event and was never so happy to see people in the tech lane when I drove up. I was teched in within 3-5mins.
Thanks.

BOUNTY HUNTER, very cool ride, also I heard what sounded like a slightly off balance turbine when you did your burn out. Could be wrong, just thought you would be interested. Whatever on the oil drop. I had very little problems with traction in that lane later. Actually gave my engine time to cool down.

I think its time for another --->>>EFI<<<<----
event, for late model stuff. No race cars, just street machines...

Next year we hope to put to use all we learned at this event. As for the number of runs, EVERYONE should have gotten at least 3 runs. 2 Time Trials and at LEAST one elimination run. It was out of our hands for the loser/grudge lane because of the time constraight from starting lane from the prior event and the lack of room from the trucks/trailers/cars from the prior event up front. If folks didn't get 3 runs, then they either showed up late, or were not where they were supposed to be.

We also lost a LOT of time due to folks not staying with their cars in the staging lanes and holding up traffic.

Think about it though, if you show up to a RACE, you don't get many runs if you don't win.

I personally saw or talked to nearly all the winners and runner ups. Some had some negative feedback, but they ALL had smiles on their faces.

We hope to put on two events next year. One smaller GM vs Ford, late model EFI ONLY (more intimiate, smaller, etc) simialar, night race.

The other will be large like this one, but we will rent the track for the ENTIRE day.

Again, sorry to those of you that didn't have any fun... But I hope those that did have fun, speak up.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
QUOTE]Next year we hope to put to use all we learned at this event. As for the number of runs, EVERYONE should have gotten at least 3 runs. 2 Time Trials and at LEAST one elimination run. It was out of our hands for the loser/grudge lane because of the time constraight from starting lane from the prior event and the lack of room from the trucks/trailers/cars from the prior event up front. If folks didn't get 3 runs, then they either showed up late, or were not where they were supposed to be.

We also lost a LOT of time due to folks not staying with their cars in the staging lanes and holding up traffic.

Think about it though, if you show up to a RACE, you don't get many runs if you don't win.

I personally saw or talked to nearly all the winners and runner ups. Some had some negative feedback, but they ALL had smiles on their faces.

We hope to put on two events next year. One smaller GM vs Ford, late model EFI ONLY (more intimiate, smaller, etc) simialar, night race.

The other will be large like this one, but we will rent the track for the ENTIRE day.

Again, sorry to those of you that didn't have any fun... But I hope those that did have fun, speak up.

Another suggestion as i know i wasn't the only confused but......maybe announce to the racers to return to the staging lanes once finished with the prior run.

After my first time trial i went back to the pits expecting another call for cars in my grouping but never heard another comment made only to "have drivers be ready at your car" but no explanation of what group [Confused]

I think that could have helped out also with some of the confusion at least on my part [Razz]

Also it would maybe be a good idea to set someone at the end of the staging lanes be assure people are in the right lanes and also to just be there to answer ?'s and such.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Another suggestion as i know i wasn't the only confused but......maybe announce to the racers to return to the staging lanes once finished with the prior run.

Bad idea...time is needed between runs. This time could be to ice down a turbo, put a new bottle in the car, time the car, gas up the car, etc.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:

Bad idea...time is needed between runs. This time could be to ice down a turbo, put a new bottle in the car, time the car, gas up the car, etc.
Exactly my point!

I did the exact thing you speak of.....after the first run as usual i pit and ice down my blower and let the I/C pump cycle the fluid as well.

But much to my surprise i hear everyone in the staging lanes saying to return right after. [Confused]

And that's why i only got 1 time trial run [Mad]

I should have stated either tell people to return back to the staging lanes or ANNOUNCE WHEN EACH GROUP SHOULD BE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE STAGING LANES!

All i kept hearing over the p.a. system was "if the boyfriend wins he's sleeping on the couch yada...yada...yada [Roll Eyes] "

Not to mention a call for eliminations in "30 minutes" which i never knew really even started.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

This is one area where we did screw up. The organization of the lanes and classes.

A few things contributed to this, but I was not prepared for it as well.

First, the track wanted to call different lanes at different times (for some reason they skipped B1 in eliminations.)

As for calling cars to the lanes... I had invisioned having everyone pit in the back and calling up the classes when we were ready to run them. The track said with how little time we had that wouldn't work. And with how little space was available from the prior event it made it difficult to do.

And after we found out there was an issue with the lanes being marked wrong and people in the wrong lanes I did send someone down to the end of the staging lanes to direct traffic. I think that person decided not to do that...

Chalk up one more learning experience for next year...

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WHYT LIE:
This is one area where we did screw up. The organization of the lanes and classes.

A few things contributed to this, but I was not prepared for it as well.

First, the track wanted to call different lanes at different times (for some reason they skipped B1 in eliminations.)

As for calling cars to the lanes... I had invisioned having everyone pit in the back and calling up the classes when we were ready to run them. The track said with how little time we had that wouldn't work. And with how little space was available from the prior event it made it difficult to do.

And after we found out there was an issue with the lanes being marked wrong and people in the wrong lanes I did send someone down to the end of the staging lanes to direct traffic. I think that person decided not to do that...

Chalk up one more learning experience for next year...

when the track "forgot" to call bracket 1 to the staging lanes, is right after jason mack's outlaw mustang oiled the right lane down

i dont think it was an accident that they sent bracket 2 out first, they just figured they would send the slow cars down first, who cares for fairness [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com