Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » So how'd everyone do at the shootout tonight??? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So how'd everyone do at the shootout tonight???
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark took me out the first round in bracket2.

I suck at bracket racing... [dance]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard Christ Alston Jr. took Outlaw with a 7.54 at 183 mph [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
I heard Christ Alston Jr. took Outlaw with a 7.54 at 183 mph [worship] [worship] [worship]

I hope that jason's problem was something stupid like a loose fitting or something, i wouls have like to see him take out alston [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

I hope that jason's problem was something stupid like a loose fitting or something, i wouls have like to see him take out alston [Big Grin]
Are you talking about the Red Saleen? [Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stockishlx
badazz
Member # 5804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stockishlx  Ford pictures for stockishlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i heard it was another loose fitting and due to that ANOTHER siezed turbo [Mad]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stockishlx:
i heard it was another loose fitting and due to that ANOTHER siezed turbo [Mad]

Yeah thats what he told us is what happened in Vegas. The oil line blew [Frown]
That thing would have been badass to see run!
I got a tight picture of it i will post later

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I would liked to have seen those 2 race. Alston had a huge advantage being that his car is a damn bracket car and has run several sevens at Sac. Jason has a lot of power and has been down the Sac track many a times when it is not prepped well causing a lot of tire spin/shake.

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

-
[Eek!] This is one clean ass dragster! He didn't ruin it with stickers all over the paint. [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
 -
[Eek!] This is one clean ass dragster! He didn't ruin it with stickers all over the paint. [worship]

[patriot] I think everyone was a little dissapointed when that car did'nt make it through the burnout. Hope it's nothing to expensive!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
 -

[patriot] I think everyone was a little dissapointed when that car did'nt make it through the burnout. Hope it's nothing to expensive!
I was lucky enough to see him run once at a TnT about a year ago... [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Knocked out in the first round (10.8@134.6) by a carb'd car in Stroker+PA. [Roll Eyes] No offense to the folks putting on the event, but it was a cluster-fuck. I don't know why they even bothered with lanes, no one stayed in them. [Mad]

Did they even finish up? It was after 11 when I split...and they were still running.

[ September 11, 2005, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Knocked out in the first round (10.8@134.6) by a carb'd car in Stroker+PA. [Roll Eyes] No offense to the folks putting on the event, but it was a cluster-fuck. I don't know why they even bothered with lanes, no one stayed in them. [Mad]

Did they even finish up? It was after 11 when I split...and they were still running.

Besides that...getting only three runs for $55 is kinda weak too and what happened to a loser lane???

--------------------

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

finished at 12 or maybe a little after, there was some drama with that turbo yellow camaro in SPA, he was hiding out in the pits and got a bye run in the 1st race, then wanted another bye run to put him im the finals [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

the staff said no to that dumbass, then brian in the faster white buick ran him for fun and cleaned him out easily [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That car was supposedly from LA. I couldn't help but wonder why a person would drive all that way for what, $500? [Confused] And thats IF they won.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
That car was supposedly from LA. I couldn't help but wonder why a person would drive all that way for what, $500? [Confused] And thats IF they won.

and he didnt [Big Grin]

i still think its funny that he made one qualifying pass then thought that he could bye his way into the finals, after the winner had been crowned

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

and he didnt [Big Grin]

i still think its funny that he made one qualifying pass then thought that he could bye his way into the finals, after the winner had been crowned

Yeah we were talking to john with the turbo blue striped 5.0 and that guy pulled up and asked him some questions, and the guy came off like an ass-no big surprise I guess. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JohnB was robbed by a racing a car that was NOT legal for the class it was in.

bunchmyfunky had to go up after the oil down and try and race in the damn speedy dry- so no wonder he spun and went no-where. bogus. And what happened to Ford vs. Chevy??? Cars were simply run how they were lined up and quite a few imprts were racing, too. The LS1 RX7's were cool and I can see letting those guys run in an LS1 sponsered event. And why were all those race cars that raced during the day allowed to run in Bracket 1???

[Confused]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes it was a cluster fuck.
I got there around 5:45 & they were just letting people in. 30 minutes later & they were still running the cars from the previous event....& no one was teching the incoming cars.

Rob, his wife Krissy, Heather & I did our best to blow everybody through tech since it was getting so late. Sorry if I put a few of you in the wrong class.....we were more concerned with getting the racing started as we teched the last car at 7:45!

They had 8 classes & 7 lanes with no lane designated for lossers....nor any lane designated for each class....which I took care of a little late & that's why there was some confusion on who was in what lane. I tried my best to have them open up lane 1 for fun runs....but after the turbo car layed down a few quarts of oil......they decided to let the lossers sit in the Pit area..... Some of those guys got only 2 runs in. Then there was the 'cleanup' of the oil. Why Brandon didn't burn it off I don't know....but that lane was useless after 40 minutes of cleanup.

At that point it was 10:30pm.....there was no way they were going to be able to open up a fun-run lane.

IMO the event was great to watch, I had a good time doing what I could to keep things moving, but it was not well orginized (a lot of standing around talking & little action) & most of the racers had plenty to complain about. I would too if I'd been racing.

In the end....it was a success for Norcal as the turnout was awesome, but not a lot of fun for most racers.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oops

[ September 11, 2005, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
JohnB was robbed by a racing a car that was NOT legal for the class it was in.

bunchmyfunky had to go up after the oil down and try and race in the damn speedy dry- so no wonder he spun and went no-where. bogus. And what happened to Ford vs. Chevy??? Cars were simply run how they were lined up and quite a few imprts were racing, too. The LS1 RX7's were cool and I can see letting those guys run in an LS1 sponsered event. And why were all those race cars that raced during the day allowed to run in Bracket 1???

[Confused]

A few classes were questionable..... Like John91coupe fitting into stock+1 power adder & a few others. I eventually moved all single digit cars to the stroker+power adder lane....which was suppose to be one step up from stock+power adder. JohnB was simply out-gunned. The only other class to put those guys in was Outlaw....which they definately didn't fit into.

I put the electronic equiped cars in Bracket 1. That class had 2 cars in it.....I figured, 'what the hell' & let 3 electronic equiped cars from the previous race in that class. It got a few other fast cars out there & the electronic equiped cars made for some close races when they lined up with each other. I wasn't about to exclude anybody from racing! & that's why we let the imports race as well. We put them in bracket 2 as that was their best chance at winning.

As for Ford vs Chevy..... It was not well orginized. I saw only track officials calling lanes to race. No one from Norcal took the initiative to place Fords vs Chevys. It seemed this was more of a 'Norcal Event' rather then Ford Vs Chevy.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JohnB was simply out-gunned.

Simply is right. Quite a few carb'ed cars were turned away before the event- but the Goat was allowed to run the day of. That's BS and you know it.

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
JohnB was simply out-gunned.

Simply is right. Quite a few carb'ed cars were turned away before the event- but the Goat was allowed to run the day of. That's BS and you know it.

No I don't know it Jim. I had not been keeping up on all the 'drama' leading up the the event.
I offered my help 3 days before the event... Comeing to the track I thought all I'd be doing was 'helping'. I had no idea I'd be in charge of turning people away, or even placing any Chevy at all. I was under the impression I'd ONLY be placing the Fords as I had a hand in changing the rules to make it more 'Ford friendly'. Rob & his wife, Heather & I were the only ones placing the cars.....not just the Fords. We were given NO instructions on who was allowed to race & who wasn't. No instructions on what setups were 'legal' & what wasn't. The rules did not cover every last setup we ran across. Mainly LS1's, LT1's, & Fords.
After ariving at the track I soon realized nobody seemed to be in control of organizing the event staff. As time slipped by without anybody teching (close to 7pm) I realized there'd be no racing if we took the time to go over each & every setup thuroughly (as it was suppose to be). We teched over 120 cars in 45 minutes. That's on average of less then 30 seconds per car. If I'd taken even twice that amount of time (1 minute per car) We'd have been teching cars till 9pm! I did what I could to get thing rolling.... I was not about to turn away ANY cars from racing at the event.

I'm sorry if I screwed up in any way. Keeping the racers racing was my only motivation.

[ September 11, 2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

93Pony, what was unfair about John91Coupe being in stock plus 1? His car definitely fit the rules. Are you saying that just because he is smart and built a fast car that he should be bumped up a class because some 18-22 year old kids couldn't afford to build a 9 second bad ass car like John91? Just trying to understand the logic here....

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
93Pony, what was unfair about John91Coupe being in stock plus 1? His car definitely fit the rules. Are you saying that just because he is smart and built a fast car that he should be bumped up a class because some 18-22 year old kids couldn't afford to build a 9 second bad ass car like John91? Just trying to understand the logic here....

Nope, I had no problem at all with John running in that class. He fit right in IMO.

I got 'bitched' at from some of the Norcal Staff & was forced to place the faster Fords in the SPA class. From there I took the initiative to place ALL sub 10 second cars in the SPA (stroker+PA) class that were in the PA class (stock+PA). I moved 3 Fords & one Chevy.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:

Nope, I had no problem at all with John running in that class. He fit right in IMO.

I got 'bitched' at from some of the Norcal Staff & was forced to place the faster Fords in the SPA class. From there I took the initiative to place ALL sub 10 second cars in the SPA (stroker+PA) class that were in the PA class (stock+PA). I moved 3 Fords & one Chevy.

That doesn't sound right. Everything I have read is that this race was intended for LS1 Camaro's and 86-current mustangs as it was an EFI race. I understand that carbed cars were put where they could fit depending on violations. My car should be in stock n/a but with all the violations, I would be in Outlaw. That was stated to me, understood, and respected. However, considering that John91Coupe fit the rules 100% (to my knowledge) then he should have been in stock plus 1 unless his violation is that he ran nines which is complete BS!!!

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com