Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Night 10/25 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Grudge Night 10/25
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, Sac is pretty much bullshit when it comes to logistics! I wonder what NHRA would think of there operation?

--------------------
I like cars.

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was BS... 35bucks for 3 runs... They should have been more organized.. they knew it was the last grudge of this year.. of course it was going to be packed... Dang..

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well sucks for you guys on the waiting and tech situation, this is the 1 time I was glad my ride was down, lots of cars, more then I've ever seen on a grudge nite. They did have their heads in their asses last nite for sure. I think they were a little overwhelmed by how many cars there were.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like most of you saw the lines before you even got through the gates and still went with it.

The last grudge of the year is ALWAYS packed. Don't wait until the very last one next year and you wont have any problems. On any previous grudge night of the season there had to have been only about 100 cars. Moral of the story, don't procrastinate on getting to the track and then bitch about it when its packed.

I mean come on, you saved $5 over just going to a TNT and making as many passes as you can manage to hot lap? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and one more thing, last night went very slooth. There was absolutely no down time as far as the lanes being pulled. You all should feel fortunate that there wasn't any major problems until late in the night. One oil down and you would have been getting even fewer passes in. Guess the tech people didn't do too bad of a job.

--------------------
AED

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you mean tech person. And they have nothing to do with people oiling down the track.But, your right everybody is fortunate that nobody broke anything big on the track. That is just luck

I went to a couple other Grudge's and it was the same thing minus maybe 50-100 cars. Its the same stuff at that track. They are WAY understaffed. They won't spend they money because they do not have to.

--------------------
I like cars.

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol procastinating getting to the track? i was there before the gates open [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am inclined to agree with Drew. I see way to many people bitching yet like he said, you saw the line. You should have known it was gonna be a rough night or are you guys that new to the track racing scene to have foreseen that????

I think things went fairly smooth and if you had been paying attention and got there early as I did you could have got in at least 4 runs, which I agree is crap for a gurdge night, but hey, it ain't always roses.

Not sure exactly why tech was so lax last night because generally they are on the ball with some night being lax. Hell they wouldnt even let me run 11s because I was missing a 5-point harness even though I had a cage & fire jacket.

I talked to some of the employeees that i know decently well and the genral feeling was one of being overwhelmed and trying to make due and let everyone get a chance to race. We even had a few people form our car club out there helping out at the water box.

All in all it wasn't my best night of grudge but I still give the crew a thumbs up for trying. I won't tell ya not to bitch though, all the weenies saying they will never come back just means I will get even more runs in on another night right Drew? [Razz]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
I won't tell ya not to bitch though, all the weenies saying they will never come back just means I will get even more runs in on another night right Drew? [Razz]

Yup! My sentiments exactly. Go race at the other track in the area. Me and the speed junkies will have the traction to ourselves... [burnout]
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I must say that I didn't go for the exact things explained in this thread. A bunch of cars of which only a handful of those worth looking at...and a whole lot of lag time waiting to run. Was much more fun being pissed off that the Yankees didn't win [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing that Drew and F8Lpony didn't mention is, why are you waiting for the last Grudge night of the year for your once a year track apperance, I know that there has been tons of TnT's that they have closed early cause there wasn't enough people. Shit one of the nights I ran my truck with no tech and I know a few other guys ran there freaking Sedans down the track. Try going other times then the last Grudge of the year, or know better like solo and watch the poopy yanks loose!!!!!!!

[ October 26, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe ]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every test and tune I have been to has been 4 passes in 5 hours. I stopped going because of that [Mad]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well TnTs can be pretty bad if there is an event going on the next day, but if there is nothing going on the next day(saturday) a lot of times its slow.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why is it that most people here always bitch about tech being "gay" and nabbing them for not being track legal, and all of a sudden on busy nights they want them to check everything closely for their own safety?

Congrats to all the guys with good runs!

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
Why is it that most people here always bitch about tech being "gay" and nabbing them for not being track legal, and all of a sudden on busy nights they want them to check everything closely for their own safety?

Congrats to all the guys with good runs!

well said [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to summaraize this whole thing, I go to the track quite often to tune my car, not just on Grudge Night. As a matter of fact I was there the night before also and sent my electric fans through the radiator. Everytime I have went, I waited an 1 1/2 minimum between runs. I HAVE been there when you could run almost as much as you wanted, but only about two times. As for last night, some of you are posting referring to people bitching when you yourselves were part of the problem. We were supposed to wait on our numbers to be called and those of us playing by the rules got fucked while others just screwed us by going in anyways somehow. [BS flag]

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
Lol procastinating getting to the track? i was there before the gates open [Roll Eyes]

98slowhoe did a better job of sating the point I was trying to get at.

--------------------
AED

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac tech on grudges is weak. I didn't race there the last grudge or in a while for that matter but the last one I went to in my 69 "was is that your car?" "do you have a helmet"? no under hood not even a how fast is it. Put a number on it and go. 10.10 at over 130 mph LOL. they didn't even look if I had seat belts. But in Sac's defence I have seen other tracks like this also on there regular races. As far as not getting your runs it happens. Unless you don't want to race in Sac anymore what are you going to do?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
all the weenies saying they will never come back just means I will get even more runs in on another night right Drew? [Razz]

lol, you got it bro [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
AED

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Once again, the problem was'nt the amount of runs. It was the fact that we all did'nt get to run as many times as we should've because of several people not waiting like I did. Like they told us too. So for those of you that did that, thanks for burning the rest of us.

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fast472Mach1:
Once again, the problem was'nt the amount of runs. It was the fact that we all did'nt get to run as many times as we should've because of several people not waiting like I did. Like they told us too. So for those of you that did that, thanks for burning the rest of us.

exactly my point as well.... i just wanted everyone to have a even amount of runs ... i even heard some guy got seven runs...wtf is that? and i only got two.... i did know i wouldnt get that many runs as a normal night but i didnt expect others to "cheat" persay and go back around over and over when they should've waited... basically they took the runs that me and others who did WAIT would have had... [BS flag] [Roll Eyes]

...and another thing if the track was more organized this probably wouldnt have happened...im not sure what they could have done but im sure there is something...i doubt if its possible to keep track of all the cars # of runs but im sure there is something...

[ October 27, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
RO2USH
¯
Member # 2002

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RO2USH  Ford pictures for RO2USH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, like someone said, ya bitch about the tech being too strict on other nights, then on the night that we breeze people by it's all of the sudden too fast. For you guys that didn't get as many runs in as you would have liked, I apologize, I was doing the best I could, with that many people. If you are pissed about the number of runs you got, dont get mad at us, get mad at the people that cheated and came back around for another run before we called their number, they are the ones to get pissed at. I should be the one that's pissed, I didn't get to make a single pass...I wasn't even supposed to work that night, but 'cause so many of you guys/gals showed up, I had to work. NOW THAT'S BULL SHIT!!!! just kidding, I'm glad everybody showed up, I just wish some of you had a better time.

--------------------
2002 Roush FR500
2004 Cobra
1965 GT 350 Clone
2003 Ducati 999

Posts: 286 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

I saw you at the staging lanes. Its the 2 people in the back that were "checking" every car that went by that had me confused as to why the wrong numbers were going around over and over again.

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

kwikrob
¯
Member # 835

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kwikrob  Ford pictures for kwikrob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And what is the point of going round and round again?I see most people on here don't do shit to there car and just go get back in line. Then they pop their fuckin hoods and throw there bag of ice on there intake in the staging lanes and make it impossible for others to get around. If your car runs a certain number every time, why still run it? Play with the timing, fuel, shift points, tire pressure, launching rpm. Too many dipshits out there. And when your car has a 6 on it, stay out of lane 2! [BS flag]

--------------------
Slowest car on this board!

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by RO2USH:
I should be the one that's pissed, I didn't get to make a single pass...I wasn't even supposed to work that night, but 'cause so many of you guys/gals showed up, I had to work. NOW THAT'S BULL SHIT!!!!

Shit thats messed up!!!! [Wink]

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com