Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Official Ford vs Chevy Race Results... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Official Ford vs Chevy Race Results...
Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyrant89  Ford pictures for Tyrant89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ST5150, Yea, that was strange seeing u on the fwy.I just happend to post 2 days before, then found out there was room to run. I can't wait to drop my 60' and make sum serious pass' next time. Feel kinda sorry 4 my opponent tho: Stockish Firebird runn' 13's.

Late!

And congrats again Jim!! your combo amazes me everytime. See u next time!

Posts: 260 | From: Salinas, holmes! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, there were 3 somewhat mis-matches looking back. We all knew John91Coupe was a mis-match because he's too fast for a street car and too slow for a race car. Turns out if Crash would have sprayed on that pass, he could have possibly beat John's 10.70 pass though [Eek!]

The other mismatch was 91PONY vs sexychevygirl. 91PONY gets the "And she means bussiness" award for the race. Showing up with big tires out back and skinnies up front... she wanted to chalk up a win for CaliforniaFords at all cost [worship] Moostang should have been paired up with Sexychevy girl instead, because Heather (91PONY) can go toe to toe with the boys now [Whoo Whooooo!]

You and the stocker LS1 was a mismatch because neither Drew or I saw that you recovered from your over heating problems to run low 12's. Last time I saw your car before we ranked them was when it was over heated on the side of the freeway at the 80 juntion. That combined with your first trip to the track with the blower, I assumed mid 12's.

Yes, the headliner race was also uneven as well.... over two seconds and 60+ MPH apart, but what a show it was [worship] [worship] [worship]

Other than that, everyone else was with in two tenths, and often much less apart. Very close and well matched heads up racing for the most part.

[ June 16, 2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish i could have been an alternate. I think i could have helped? 13.2??
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
I wish i could have been an alternate. I think i could have helped? 13.2??

For sure! Why didn't you sign up? Lots of cafords member were there, but I think many got scared off because the top 25 list was filled with crazy super charged cars.
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Yeah, there were 3 somewhat mis-matches looking back. We all knew John91Coupe was a mis-match because he's too fast for a street car and too slow for a race car. Turns out if Crash would have sprayed on that pass, he could have possibly beat John's 10.70 pass though [Eek!]

If he was making that kind of power on spray he would have been back peddling like I was on that run (all runs for that matter). Hope someone is assigned to hound the track prep guys next time. I guess they got the hint when that guy tagged the wall.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The other mismatch was 91PONY vs sexychevygirl. 91PONY gets the "And she means bussiness" award for the race. Showing up with big tires out back and skinnies up front... she wanted to chalk up a win for CaliforniaFords at all cost [worship] Moostang should have been paired up with Sexychevy girl instead, because Heather (91PONY) can go toe to toe with the boys now [Whoo Whooooo!]

I knew it would be a mis-match....it was her 1st time at the track and I've been doing this for a few years! Plus hers was stock.... [Wink] It was fun, though....just watch out next year, I'll be lower on the list (deep in the 12's)! I'll post my official numbers later today.... [patriot]

[ June 17, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: 91PONY ]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
]I lined up to race the Mercedes guy, his name is Ben and he seems very nice, but that's the moment my stock clutch quad decided to fail - right on the starting line. He ran a 10 second time on that run, I was told.

-Mark[/QB]

Best Ive seen was an 11.7 in that car. Its not right that it goes that fast but I damn usre wouldnt be ashamed of losing to it. 5speed auto and "perfect" traction control. Its a point and squirt car.

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey slow477mach1: what's your excuse for not throwing down for team Ford? [Confused] you live right near Sac right? had to work or wha? [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Moostang should have been paired up with Sexychevy girl instead,

Are you calling me SLOW?? well.. lets face it.. I am [Big Grin] I really need to start driving the moostang more.. I'll be working on my times up here in redding after I get my tranny rebuilt so I can go toe to toe with 91pony?

--------------------
Sabrina aka The chick in the cow print pants.

Posts: 106 | From: Redding, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MoostangGT:
quote:

Are you calling me SLOW?? well.. lets face it.. I am [Big Grin] I really need to start driving the moostang more.. I'll be working on my times up here in redding after I get my tranny rebuilt so I can go toe to toe with 91pony?
I'll have a different setup next year....so I hope to be running circles around Jim (FasterDamnit)
[Eek!] [Wink]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Fast472Mach1
¯
Member # 2559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast472Mach1  Ford pictures for Fast472Mach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
hey slow477mach1: what's your excuse for not throwing down for team Ford? [Confused] you live right near Sac right? had to work or wha? [patriot]

No I was at the track watching but it completey slipped my mind about the date. A friend called me up to remind me about it and then I found out I couldnt run due to not signing up earlier. Not like I threw a belt or anything while squeezing on the way there lol. Ill go tommorrow though.

--------------------
11.7@116 1.7 60ft. N/A
11.4@124 1.9 60ft. 100NX

Posts: 639 | From: Laguna West | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did sighn up but i was like number 46 on the list. That was my new best. A hole bunch of 13.3's and a 13.2
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
quote:
Originally posted by MoostangGT:
quote:

I'll have a different setup next year....so I hope to be running circles around Jim (FasterDamnit)
[Eek!] [Wink]

You can run all you want- as long as you wear something sexy. [Razz]
Better get a roll cage, too... [Wink]

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
Originally posted by 91PONY:
[Eek!] [Wink]

You can run all you want- as long as you wear something sexy. [Razz]
Better get a roll cage, too... [Wink]

LOL....I know, I know, I actually don't plan on having to get a roll cage. If Shaun had his way, then I would! [Razz] We shall see! Stay tuned.....
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

IrocDan
¯
Member # 2955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IrocDan  Ford pictures for IrocDan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is a video of several of the Mercedes' runs:
http://www.treynor.com/Mercedes_Carnage.wmv

BTW it is a Renntech Mercedes S600. They have 493HP stock I believe and this wasn't stock [burnout]

--------------------
My 89 Iroc

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess I am doomed to never see the video's [Frown] . I downloaded every piece of software that Sawson suggested but still cannot access the files. Does anybody feel sorry enough for me to help me out [Smile] .

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoostangGT  Ford pictures for MoostangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
I guess I am doomed to never see the video's [Frown] . I downloaded every piece of software that Sawson suggested but still cannot access the files. Does anybody feel sorry enough for me to help me out [Smile] .

PM me with your problems, I might be able to help...

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant89:

Met sum cool heads & the BBQ was great. Prolly was my best trak meet yet. A big thanx to all there & thanks to Jim, Dean(?), Sawson for finding my vaccum leak.

Dean = Drew I'm guessing? [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Still waiting for results from:

4)CAMARA90 Mike --Red 5.O GT all motor 11.xx@xxMPH
4)bluethunder Chuck Dawson--Navy Blue 99'SS Camaro:409 stoker 11.xx@xxMPH *WIN

10)Stanger91 Jim --Red '95 GT Supercharged 12.3x@126MPH *WIN
10)Sspooky Margaurite--Blue 01'SS: TQ converter,minor bolt-ons

11)Tyrant 89LX Shaun Black 5.O LX supercharged 12.2x@11X MPH *WIN
11)12sec01'WS6 Brandon--Orange 01'WS6: Stockish xx.xx/xxxMPH

17)Quick 88LX Nick --Burgundy '88 LX all motor xx.xx/xxxMPH *WIN
17)Kyle Kyle--White 02'Z28: Stock xx.xx/xxxMPH

Come on people, you may be eligible for prize money from Back Magic Racing:

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000758

[ June 19, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

MoostangGT
¯
Member # 2894

Moostang - 14.219 @79.267MPH
txbandit911 - 13.121 @108.522MPH

--------------------

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dean, LOL. Now Frank is not the only one with two first names.
91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

OK, here it is:

91PONY Heather--Blue '91 GT All motor 13.283/107.894mph *win
Sexychevygirl02 Amber--Silver '02 Z28 Stock 14.644/103.449mph

[burnout]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Still waiting for results from:

9)My01Stang Elwin --Blue '01 GT Supercharged xx.xx/xxxMPH
9)Hardcore-Vette Jermaine--Pewter 99'C5 bolt-ons xx.xx/xxxMPH *WIN

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000758

Here is what Hardcore Vette posted on Norcal:

1st run E.T. 12.501 at 111.518 MPH vs. 12.345 at 114.251 (LOST)
2nd run E.T. 12.712 at 111.694 MPH vs. 12.796 at 111.240 (WON)
3rd run E.T. 12.423 at 110.848 MPH vs. 12.831 at 113.640 (WON)

1st run I broke-out and redlighted.
2nd run was fair and all driving skills on both sides.
3rd run he broke-out and redlighted.

Don't know which is the official race

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read that thread, it was best out of three, so score another for norcal [BS flag] lol

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Here is the info on CRASH on his run against me.

12.166 @ 111.340 (FOUL)

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com