Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Challenge to WIKD281 (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Challenge to WIKD281
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I stand corrected, just called Bowman's roomate. He had a motor failure last year, expected 7's, and ran a best of 8.13.

And it was a big block, but for the record a chevy 400 could either be a small block or a big block.

Single stage of N20 per X-street rules, capable of 7's.

I figure paint job is lucky to run 7's.... in the eighth mile [Eek!]

yes, per x-street rules it's possible except no one has EVER done that, only combo to ever prove that 7s were possible in x-street is a turbo ford small block. I don't see why you would call bowmans big block a 400 since they never made a "400" big block (unlike the well known "400" small block), bowman has over 500 ci, not a big block with 400.

Eric, it's okay, we all knew you'd pussy out. It's cool, no big deal. We were going to mail the $400 to Billy Glidden anyway.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on street tires I estimate the apex viper will do about 11 flat with a decent driver, maybe break into 10's.
With et streets tires and good driver 10.5 to 10.8
So pro eric will have to wait at the finish line for the viper to catch up to collect his 400 bucks

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
XR1stang
¯
Member # 2248

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for XR1stang  Ford pictures for XR1stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hehe Eric I may have a relatively local race for you since you are in Virginia. I have a buddy racing 10.5 outlaw right now that might step up to the plate and play with you. Actually I know a couple of folks in Outlaw and CCRA that might want to play some. They are only a state away from you. Who knows, you might have raced them already or at least know them.

XR1stang

--------------------
I used to hate computers until the server went down on me...

Posts: 342 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pro50eric how much are you asking for your car? And are you going to run that motor in the 10.5 class? Or is that for sale too?
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter:
Pro50eric how much are you asking for your car? And are you going to run that motor in the 10.5 class? Or is that for sale too?

Eric traded the stang for a maro [Eek!]

Its still FAF though, but I think it runs mid high 8s...What are the specs Eric?

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey, yeah i made a trade with a local guy here with a 68 camaro set up for Outlaw 10.5. It has a 632ci gene fulton motor with two stages of jug. It should go a low, low 8/high 7 when everything gets sorted out. It's a backhalfed car, with chromemoly round tubing in it, funny car type cage, 4 link rear with back brace, aluminum interior, black with silver flames. I'll post more on it later, it's late and i need to be in bed!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Recently Acquired!! 68 Camaro Outlaw 10.5

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pro50Eric:
hey, yeah i made a trade with a local guy here with a 68 camaro set up for Outlaw 10.5. It has a 632ci gene fulton motor with two stages of jug. It should go a low, low 8/high 7 when everything gets sorted out. It's a backhalfed car, with chromemoly round tubing in it, funny car type cage, 4 link rear with back brace, aluminum interior, black with silver flames. I'll post more on it later, it's late and i need to be in bed!! [Eek!]

why would you do something like that when you have a BRAND new car running HIGH 6s?? [Confused]
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend with the nova would like to race your 68 camaro too, but he says if you win he'll mail the cash to gene fulton.
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why did I do it? Well here's why: Outlaw racing has some major money involved. Alot more than NMRA or any other organization. Instead of taking my new car and having it switched back over for outlaw use i decided to go ahead and make the trade simply because i knew the guys camaro really well, and i knew how it ran.

--------------------

XR1stang
¯
Member # 2248

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for XR1stang  Ford pictures for XR1stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was it a current outlaw car that you bought, and if so who's was it if you don't mind my asking.

Also, you interested in some outlaw fun in NC? This gets more and more interesting as you will be competing with my friends next season.

XR1stang

--------------------

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

This car is brand new, only been run twice. I think it's gonna be a fun car.

--------------------

XR1stang
¯
Member # 2248

so you up for some 10.5 action or not? I talked to one of my outlaw friends this morning and he's up for a little fun. He's only about 2 hours away from central VA too so it shouldn't be too hard to set up a time or a place.

You planning on CCRA?

What time/speed did that run on it's two runs?

XR1stang

--------------------

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

it went 5.08 on one stage in the 1/8th, I might run them later, but not right now. I'm gonna run it some locally and get the hang of it.

--------------------

XR1stang
¯
Member # 2248

what speed on the 5.08 pass?

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Harold,
When is your car gonna be ready to run at the strip?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Harold,
When is your car gonna be ready to run at the strip?

Funds limited right now> hopefully have it ready by end of Feb [Confused]
not sure?
Not really in a hurry> would really like to get back tho!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah i'd like to see it run. You put a stronger tranny in it? what about the rearend?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobrajeep>Not a stronger tranny> but a re-built one.
Re-building the T-56> I was told that it is plenty strong to support my hp level and will be good for my car>and the rear end I have 31spline axles> hopefully they're strong enought too.
When you gonna time your car?
[dance]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

We're just now starting on the roll bar so i don't know my dad hasn't decided yet if he wants to weld it in or get someone else to. Welding the Jeeps cage in was easy but i don't know about the Cobra's especially since it has to be NHRA legal.
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Right on> is your roll bar going to be custom?> or did you buy it pre-made?
I have to do that next> You sure you want to make it NHRA Legal? Thats not going to be too comfortable if youre not going to drag it all the time> Might not want to go that far with lagality.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

My dad wants to compete in the NHRA so yeah its got to be NHRA legal but he does want it to be comfortable so we're deciding on how we should do it. Its prebent and everything we just need to measure it and weld it is all.

[ January 13, 2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

XR1stang
¯
Member # 2248

so no trap speeds with that time?

XR1stang

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
149! jk i dont really know

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com