Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Challenge to WIKD281 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Challenge to WIKD281
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by XR1stang:
hehe, howdy guys. I know I'm new and all that (w00t 2 posts now!) but I wanted to comment on this thread.

This looks just like how the SmackDown on the Corral started off. That was one heck of a fun day at the track and now it has become an annual event. It all started with a couple of guys talking friendly smack to each other and setting up a race at the track. Then others wanted in and started calling other people out. hehe, twas a fun thing when I was out on the east coast. Loads of ls1.com guys and of course the Corral and other stang sites were in on it.

Perhaps this will become more of an "organized" event? Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hello and it's always fun to read smack like this [Smile]

XR1stang

I think there was a nor cal LS-1 vs cal fords shootout a while back

Bii at apex . .you should be running treynot, that would be a fair race

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:
Hey, how do I get in on this? Anyone want to race our all-motor, 790hp, 550ci street Viper?

Hmmmm [Big Grin]

I think we can let you in on this [Big Grin]
Dont you want to find some slicks for your car first?

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/APEX Motorsports:
Hey, how do I get in on this? Anyone want to race our all-motor, 790hp, 550ci street Viper?

Hmmmm [Big Grin]

I think we can let you in on this [Big Grin]
Dont you want to find some slicks for your car first?

how's your lame ass rebuilt stick coming along?
Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Coming along quite well thank you very much.
Gotta love the T-56> easy to get parts for. Just have to change a couple of bearings I think> be all set to go back to the track. Dont know what kind of times I will pull with a 6 speed tho> hopefully it will live [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd make the trip to CA to run that viper. I'll even run you on motor. But we run on a .400 tree, full 1/4 mile. $400. interested?? And to make it fair i'll add 300lbs to my car.

--------------------
Recently Acquired!! 68 Camaro Outlaw 10.5

Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pro50Eric:
I'd make the trip to CA to run that viper. I'll even run you on motor. But we run on a .400 tree, full 1/4 mile. $400. interested?? And to make it fair i'll add 300lbs to my car.

lets do this on the street, i'll put up $1,000. [Roll Eyes]
Chris M.
Member # 1708

Hey Eric, I have a friend with a Nova that is willing to race you for $400. Like you it's just a small block with nitrous but unlike you it's a street car. So when can you get here?
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pro50Eric:

hey what does your car weigh under NMRA specs? And do you compete in any other classes besides NMRA? And you have a removable ballast correct? I'd like some details please.

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car weights at legal NMRA weight 2350. I can go as low as 2200 with the car, but i feel that the car would be unsafe at that light of weight especially if their was a strong headwind.

Now about the Nova: If were gonna do this under my rules here it is: If he runs nitrous, so do I. Simple as that. But I won't run three stages, i'll just run one to even it up a little bit. What does the nova weight?? what ci?

--------------------

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I predict that Pro50Eric would hand that Nova his ass, sbf vs sbc, Ford all the way, Chevy guys always need Big blocks to compete against the sbf's.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fastest Nova I know of is Dave Bowman's high 7 second nitroused 400. Looks like even this car would lose by about a second, or like 38 car lengths on the big end!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

i'm just doing it for fun. Not to make enemies. If he outruns me that's ok. Somebody's always faster.

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you trailer that shit out here I'll kick down some $$$ for gas, lol. [worship]

--------------------

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

I got plenty of alcohol in the tank, and i carry plenty with me [Big Grin]

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter:
I predict that Pro50Eric would hand that Nova his ass, sbf vs sbc, Ford all the way, Chevy guys always need Big blocks to compete against the sbf's.

well since he only runs high 10s on motor and is hoping for high 9s with his nitrous then i wonder who will win. Like I said it's a street car. Eric will beat him but a bunch of us just want to see eric come all the way out here to do it.
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

that's an awful long way just to run a 10 second car [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by Pro50Eric:
that's an awful long way just to run a 10 second car [Embarrassed]

i knew you'd back down, that's why we offered. There are pleanty of 6 second cars over there, you don't need to come over here. You just wanted to sound cool saying you'd come over here and race him when obviously you're not going to.

Trust me that 750 hp viper isn't going to be running mid 9s. This nova is a better race for you than the viper that you originally offered to race.

remember "I'd make the trip to CA to run that viper. I'll even run you on motor. But we run on a .400 tree, full 1/4 mile. $400. interested?? And to make it fair i'll add 300lbs to my car."

It's okay, we all knew it was a just dumb post to get attention and stupid little [worship] [worship] [worship] icons.

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said that I wouldn't run him. I never back down from a challenge. I'm just sayin it will be pointless to come all the way out there if he only runs 10's. If he ran mid 8's or even high 8's/low 9's then it would be really worth it. Let me think on it and get back to you!

--------------------

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Eric,

Whats your last name if you don't mind. Did you compete last year? What does you car look like? Just wanted to put a screen name to a car. You would really come all that way to race a Viper for $400.00?

Shade-Tree

When did Mr. Bowman run in the 7's? And he had a big block in it last year, not a 400.

Eric

--------------------
I like cars.

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eric: FAF is counting on you to win. FAF must claim the fastest stang in the state. Thanks. [worship]

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Last name is Mizak. I didn't compete in NMRA at all last year. My old 89 had engine problems and never could afford to get the car fixed. and haven't had a chance to run the car this year that much. The car is up for sale as i'm concentrating my efforts into going outlaw 10.5 racing.

--------------------

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Send me some specs on your 89. Are you selling it as a roller? I have a friend that is looking for a nice roller.

Eric

--------------------
I like cars.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

quote:
Originally posted by yellow67stang:
Hey Eric,

Whats your last name if you don't mind. Did you compete last year? What does you car look like? Just wanted to put a screen name to a car. You would really come all that way to race a Viper for $400.00?

Shade-Tree

When did Mr. Bowman run in the 7's? And he had a big block in it last year, not a 400.

Eric

Don't mind shade-tree, he doesn't know much... but for some reason he tries. Wasn't norman the only guy to run 7s in x-street last year?

Eric, first it's "i'll run that viper" then it's "oh well that's a long way for just a 10 second car" then it's "i never back down from a challenge" and now it's "Let me think on it and get back to you" [Roll Eyes]

I told you in the first post that it runs 10s all motor and he has nitrous on the car.

What I really don't understand is why you said
quote:
when you know damn well that viper isn't a high 8/ low 9 second car... now all of a sudden the story is different. hmmmmmmmmm [Roll Eyes]
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

The 89 has already been sold. Look man your an asswipe. From the way the guy talked the viper was alot faster than 10's. I just thought it would be fun. But your turning this thread into a piss-ant contest. Screw you and your nova. When you get some balls look me up.

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

I stand corrected, just called Bowman's roomate. He had a motor failure last year, expected 7's, and ran a best of 8.13.

And it was a big block, but for the record a chevy 400 could either be a small block or a big block.

Single stage of N20 per X-street rules, capable of 7's.

I figure paint job is lucky to run 7's.... in the eighth mile [Eek!]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com