Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Coyote Swaps Worth $$$$ (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Coyote Swaps Worth $$$$
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
quote:
I know it will sell, I just think its crazy if it had a dart block in it making the same power, same shape car and same drivability, it wouldn't bring the same money

I dont think you can get 400rwhp out of any small ci motor na dart block or not with the same drivability. Its gonna have a cam in it at least and that's what a lot of people dont like. Also the dart block is old technology. It shouldnt be worth as much.
what are you talking about.
Im saying i dont think you can build a small na ci motor Dart block or not with 400rwhp and have it be as street friendly as a coyote motor. Which is why people are spending so much money on these swap cars.
Yes you can
Id like to see a 302 na with 400rwhp with street manners like a coyote. Youve got some magic then.
It would have to have better internals and stroked and high compression just like the coyote motor.
Right, you mentioned that people pay so much more coyote swaps. All I was saying is because the technology is that much better. Just about 400rwhp out of a stock coyote with 302 cu in. You cant do that with a windsor and have it be streetable.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I know it will sell, I just think its crazy if it had a dart block in it making the same power, same shape car and same drivability, it wouldn't bring the same money

I dont think you can get 400rwhp out of any small ci motor na dart block or not with the same drivability. Its gonna have a cam in it at least and that's what a lot of people dont like. Also the dart block is old technology. It shouldnt be worth as much.
Im saying i dont think you can build a small na ci motor Dart block or not with 400rwhp and have it be as street friendly as a coyote motor. Which is why people are spending so much money on these swap cars.
Yes you can
Id like to see a 302 na with 400rwhp with street manners like a coyote. Youve got some magic then.
It would have to have better internals and stroked and high compression just like the coyote motor.
Right, you mentioned that people pay so much more coyote swaps. All I was saying is because the technology is that much better. Just about 400rwhp out of a stock coyote with 302 cu in. You cant do that with a windsor and have it be streetable.
Please stop you're digging yourself a hole you can't climb out of
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes you can
Please stop you're digging yourself a hole you can't climb out of
What are you talking about? Prove me wrong then.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058458;p=1

close to 360 with a n/a 306

[ 2014-07-26, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: hurting your feelings ]

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

lol. I make 430whp on a 354ci 8.5:1 blower cam in the .676 range, 91 piss gas, shortie headers, and 2 1/2 exhaust. With a ole tech 4150 carb. Car runs great. Only problems I have with it. 1. don't have ac. 2. I don't have a cage cert. 3. I don't have ac. As you can see. My main problem, is no ac.

I'm sure with the full length headers & 3" exhaust it would put down another 25whp. But I haven't got it back to the dyno.

[ 2014-07-26, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:

lol. I make 430whp on a 354ci 8.5:1 blower cam in the .676 range, 91 piss gas, shortie headers, and 2 1/2 exhaust. With a ole tech 4150 carb. Car runs great. Only problems I have with it. 1. don't have ac. 2. I don't have a cage cert. 3. I don't have ac. As you can see. My main problem, is no ac.

I'm sure with the full length headers & 3" exhaust it would put down another 25whp. But I haven't got it back to the dyno.

I wonder what my dart block 331 would have done without boost, it made 566rwhp with 6lbs of boost from a SQ-trim

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think is a better deal than a NA coyote swap and cheaper with a strong A4 block and billet crank, just like what Jeff S has than runs 8.50s

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Cobra-SN-95-One-Owner-Project-Car-10-years-in-progress-710-Rear-Wheel-HP-Complete-/171399787198?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27e83932be&item=171399 787198&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I think is a better deal than a NA coyote swap and cheaper with a strong A4 block and billet crank, just like what Jeff S has than runs 8.50s

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Cobra-SN-95-One-Owner-Project-Car-10-years-in-progress-710-Rear-Wheel-HP-Complete-/171399787198?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27e83932be&item=171399 787198&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

damn, that car is tempting [Smile]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
quote:

damn, that car is tempting [Smile]
I know, only if I wasn't buying a house right now.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just want a ten second mustang soo bad [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

quote:

With 700rwhp that thing can go 9s

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Easy. Mine runs 10.6-7's all day in the heat. With very little whp. With 700. You could go a hell of a lot faster.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I wonder what my dart block 331 would have done without boost, it made 566rwhp with 6lbs of boost from a SQ-trim

Probably around 377rwhp

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

quote:
quote:

Easy. Mine runs 10.6-7's all day in the heat. With very little whp. With 700. You could go a hell of a lot faster.
What's the set up? Are u selling? [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
quote:

Probably around 377rwhp
Lol, SQ-trim with stock pulleys added 250+hp.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Probably around 377rwhp
I want to swap SQ's with You that one sounds magical!!!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:

Probably around 377rwhp
That must be the unicorn of the SQ-TRIM chargers that vortech put out.
88coupe
¯
Member # 7719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88coupe  Ford pictures for 88coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes you can
streetable or smog legal good luck and i am sure mpg would be considerably less.

[ 2014-07-30, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: 88coupe ]

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:
quote:

What's the set up? Are u selling? [Big Grin]
Not for sale. Had the car 20 years. It's a 354ci 8.5:1 comp, Custom blower cam shaft, super Vic intake, 850cfm carb and some antique Canfield heads. Also had shortie headers & 2 1/2 exhaust. Anyone could copy it, and make the same numbers.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com