Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Z06/Z07 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Z06/Z07
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGhoust:
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
quote:
I just switched from a H/C/I Z06 to a 13 Shelby, and I am not looking back. I gave the Z06 a chance and although its a stout car, GM's build quality just isn't there. I am happy to back in a boosted Ford. GM will not be getting my money ever again.

Anything specific you are more impressed with on the GT500 over the Z06 you had?
I'd like some details on why you went back? I'm looking at both cars and would like to move on one ASAP!
Have had lots of corvette in the past (I loved it) never driven a GT500. I will do that this weekend, I think its a good start!

1/4 times are not the reason I got rid of the Z06. I will be the first to admit, I am not among the best drivers out there on the quarter mile. Here are the reasons I got rid of it:

1. LS7 valve drop issue. I had to address this one myself and come out of pocket for the fix on a widely known Chevrolet design flaw. Chevy was not willing to recall this for the thousands of Z06 owners out there. While money is not the issue for the fix for me, it's the principal that counts. Why would I want to do business with a company that doesn't care about customers that buy it's high end sports car?

2. Keyfob transponder (they keyless ignition system) died on this vehicle magically a few months after the warranty. I don't think a car with 24k miles and less then 6 years old should have a keyless ignition system go out. (This is a $800 replacement from the dealer)

3. There were creaks everytime I moved the car. I could feel that the quality of the product was subpar.

4. I know power to weight wise, the vehicle was fast, however, I was not feeling the blunt seat of the pants torque that I felt in my old 03 Cobra, my old Viper or my new GT500.

At the end of the day, the Z06 is a good platform for racing. I am not denying that one bit. However, I am more comfortable in my GT500, I have more up to date tech features in the GT500, not to mention my toddlers can cruise around with me in the back seat. Plus, I can easily crank up the power by a 100rwhp by doing simple bolt on upgrades in my garage. Cheap fun.

In no way I want to steer anyone away from buying a Z06. You may have a different experience then I did. However, after owning some pretty fast cars, I have to say my experience with the Z06 was not an overall positive experience.

Thanks for your input.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
quote:
I just switched from a H/C/I Z06 to a 13 Shelby, and I am not looking back. I gave the Z06 a chance and although its a stout car, GM's build quality just isn't there. I am happy to back in a boosted Ford. GM will not be getting my money ever again.

Anything specific you are more impressed with on the GT500 over the Z06 you had?
I'd like some details on why you went back? I'm looking at both cars and would like to move on one ASAP!
Have had lots of corvette in the past (I loved it) never driven a GT500. I will do that this weekend, I think its a good start!

1/4 times are not the reason I got rid of the Z06. I will be the first to admit, I am not among the best drivers out there on the quarter mile. Here are the reasons I got rid of it:

1. LS7 valve drop issue. I had to address this one myself and come out of pocket for the fix on a widely known Chevrolet design flaw. Chevy was not willing to recall this for the thousands of Z06 owners out there. While money is not the issue for the fix for me, it's the principal that counts. Why would I want to do business with a company that doesn't care about customers that buy it's high end sports car?

2. Keyfob transponder (they keyless ignition system) died on this vehicle magically a few months after the warranty. I don't think a car with 24k miles and less then 6 years old should have a keyless ignition system go out. (This is a $800 replacement from the dealer)

3. There were creaks everytime I moved the car. I could feel that the quality of the product was subpar.

4. I know power to weight wise, the vehicle was fast, however, I was not feeling the blunt seat of the pants torque that I felt in my old 03 Cobra, my old Viper or my new GT500.

At the end of the day, the Z06 is a good platform for racing. I am not denying that one bit. However, I am more comfortable in my GT500, I have more up to date tech features in the GT500, not to mention my toddlers can cruise around with me in the back seat. Plus, I can easily crank up the power by a 100rwhp by doing simple bolt on upgrades in my garage. Cheap fun.

In no way I want to steer anyone away from buying a Z06. You may have a different experience then I did. However, after owning some pretty fast cars, I have to say my experience with the Z06 was not an overall positive experience.

Did you have issues with the carpet around d the transmission tunnel becoming unglued?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no, I did not have any issues with the carpet unglueing.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
87TURBO
¯
Member # 9257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87TURBO  Ford pictures for 87TURBO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a c6 zo6 out here in the valley running hard 10.2 at 136 all motor with h/c/I, built t56, build rear end, aftermarket traction control.... on 18s dr [burnout]

--------------------
turbo people

Posts: 403 | From: modesto/sanjose | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How does it have a built t56? Shit has a torque tube and a transaxle That's not a fast time to be bragging about with all that considering a bone stock on stock Goodyear f1s ran 11.60s all day. If I put all that into a z shit better be running 9's

[ 2014-02-03, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: 93coupessp ]

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
quote:

[patriot]
[patriot] [patriot]
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
c6 ftw [worship]  -
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow4v:
c6 ftw [worship]  -

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bulletsponge:
quote:
c6 ftw [worship]  -

C6 FTMFW!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:
Look guys I love MUSTANGS, but I'm in the market for a 07+ ZO6. This is because I'm older and well I just want to get in a car and drive. The car comes with 505HP and well with just a few mods, i'll be a reliable fast car, that gets 20+ MPG.

Don't worry I'll have a CAFORDS sticker on it! LOL

M5 has the same power but much less douche factor. Shelby has more, you do have less mullety options Navid jun
I have looked at the Shelby GT 500's, its cheaper and about the same HP (if not little more), but reality is I just don't like the DOHC motors
The gayest thing I have ever heard you say ^^^^ gt500>zo6 all day! No back seat for the twins either! Your not at mid life crisis yet bro, then u can get a z06
Hahaha look the only reason I haven't picked one up is that I'm not 100 percent sure what I want. Z06 is far superior than a gt500 in all ways, but yes I love the GT500 because it has a back seats and so I can drive around with the boys, but I'm scared of the DOHC motor, I hate that motor (bad luck in the past).
Huge difference between the 96 cobra motor and a GT500 motor. It's built for boost! The new 13+ GT500 is a hand built 5.8 fully forged 1,000hp capable stock motor! All I have to say is the Z06 motor is not built to handle boost or high amounts of power like a GT500 motor so if something does break on that then I would hate to see how much money that would cost! I think you should go drive both and outweigh the pros and cons and then come back and tell us what you think.

Don't think because someone put a blower on a stock cast piston motor without a proper tune and you blew the motor is in any way the motors fault! That's like putting you on a weight bench with 400lbs weight and making you lift it! Lol you are gonna break too!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulletsponge:
quote:
c6 ftw [worship]  -

C6 FTMFW!
That thing will scare off many cars off the freeway lol

Batmobile!

Beast!!

[patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice C6.

[ 2014-02-06, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: SVTGhoust ]

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My fave  -

This ls2733 is hott!

-

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My fave  -

This ls2733 is hott!

-

That dude lived too google the other pics it shows the rescuers putting a neck brace on em

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Look guys I love MUSTANGS, but I'm in the market for a 07+ ZO6. This is because I'm older and well I just want to get in a car and drive. The car comes with 505HP and well with just a few mods, i'll be a reliable fast car, that gets 20+ MPG.

Don't worry I'll have a CAFORDS sticker on it! LOL

M5 has the same power but much less douche factor. Shelby has more, you do have less mullety options Navid jun
I have looked at the Shelby GT 500's, its cheaper and about the same HP (if not little more), but reality is I just don't like the DOHC motors
The gayest thing I have ever heard you say ^^^^ gt500>zo6 all day! No back seat for the twins either! Your not at mid life crisis yet bro, then u can get a z06
Hahaha look the only reason I haven't picked one up is that I'm not 100 percent sure what I want. Z06 is far superior than a gt500 in all ways, but yes I love the GT500 because it has a back seats and so I can drive around with the boys, but I'm scared of the DOHC motor, I hate that motor (bad luck in the past).
Huge difference between the 96 cobra motor and a GT500 motor. It's built for boost! The new 13+ GT500 is a hand built 5.8 fully forged 1,000hp capable stock motor! All I have to say is the Z06 motor is not built to handle boost or high amounts of power like a GT500 motor so if something does break on that then I would hate to see how much money that would cost! I think you should go drive both and outweigh the pros and cons and then come back and tell us what you think.

Don't think because someone put a blower on a stock cast piston motor without a proper tune and you blew the motor is in any way the motors fault! That's like putting you on a weight bench with 400lbs weight and making you lift it! Lol you are gonna break too!

True

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C2 for the win

-

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
C2 for the win

-

By far the best corvette body style.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com