Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Z06/Z07 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Z06/Z07
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't even call the backseat in a gt500 functional lol I wanted the 13 gt500 bad but after I looked at one there's no way my kids are fitting in the back. And I got a buddy who bought one his shit gets zero traction. My dad owns a 2006 zo6 and was one of the first people to have one in nor cal I'm a ford guy mostly but the c6 z is very hard to beat all around. And don't say I have no room to talk cause I don't own one of these cars check the sig I'll buy whatever the fuck I want. The c6 z is a bad mofo and always will be. I don't like the look of the c7 but If they say it's got more power and handles better fuck it might be a bad mofo

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im a ford guy and always will love ford. But I grew up loving cars so with that being said. Those c6 and the new c7 vettes are some bad ass cars no doubt. GT500 are sick cars and would love to own one but they just have too much power and hard to handle. I preffer to own a boss 302 over gt500 cause it handles way better and has perfect power for the chassis.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
Fox bodies all day every day! [worship] ....

+1

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Might be a better car but give me a 03 cobra with a whipple 2.9 all day. I dont care if the z06 is faster.

This is my cactus point! Yes this would be funner (in my cars the gt 500)but these motors are time bomb, they are going to blow up eventually and if I'm going to spend $10k rebuilding a motor, can you imagine what that would do to a Z06?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Might be a better car but give me a 03 cobra with a whipple 2.9 all day. I dont care if the z06 is faster.

This is my cactus point! Yes this would be funner (in my cars the gt 500)but these motors are time bomb, they are going to blow up eventually and if I'm going to spend $10k rebuilding a motor, can you imagine what that would do to a Z06?
I couldn't imagine the cost of a new z06 motor or having to replace a the paddle shifted transmission. Speaking to myself I know the car is out of my league. Once you get into the crazy electronics its like the average Joe won't be able to work on the car...I really don't like that.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
In b4 some biased brand loyal moron says "i'd rather keep my clapped out 1988 Ford Mustang and put $10k in it to beat that car anyday of the week"

Ha. Coming from a Miata Moran. Ur funny
Pretty funny considering i dont, nor i plan on ever owning a Miata considering im 6'4 and cant fit in them.

So go play in traffic Rider.

Funny I remember plenty of posts talking about the miata spec racer you were building. I guess that car doesn't count.

ps. If you say I'm a Ford guy but. You are not a Ford guy! [patriot]

[ 2014-02-02, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
In b4 some biased brand loyal moron says "i'd rather keep my clapped out 1988 Ford Mustang and put $10k in it to beat that car anyday of the week"

Pretty funny considering i dont, nor i plan on ever owning a Miata considering im 6'4 and cant fit in them.

[Roll Eyes]
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want a 08+ zo6 for the next car to or a gtr!
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll never understand why people argue over which car is better. They are both nice machines. It's simple

Z06 > GT500

Sports Car > Muscle Car

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Funny I remember plenty of posts talking about the miata spec racer you were building. I guess that car doesn't count.

I said my good friend is building one, Once he got the seats in it and i got a chance to sit in it, I found out very quickly that it wasnt going to work.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I said my good friend is building one, Once he got the seats in it and i got a chance to sit in it, I found out very quickly that it wasnt going to work.
[Roll Eyes] you're a joke. http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058879;p=6

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just switched from a H/C/I Z06 to a 13 Shelby, and I am not looking back. I gave the Z06 a chance and although its a stout car, GM's build quality just isn't there. I am happy to back in a boosted Ford. GM will not be getting my money ever again.

[ 2014-02-02, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: SVTGhoust ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-0768:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes] you're a joke. http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058879;p=6
Wait, Im sorry.. I didnt know i had a bunch of men keeping tabs on my life. Maybe i should start a blog on my every detail of my life. I woke up today, masturbated, drank some coffee, masturbated some more, went to sears to buy a new pressure washer, masturbated in the parking lot then went home and here i am right now, About to masturbate before the superbowl. Are you turned on?

Yes, I bought a Miata shell, Which means it had no seats, dash was laying on the floor and a bunch of parts scattered everywhere. My buddy, who had built a number of these cars in high school asked me if i wanted to sell it to him because he had been wanting to build an auto x car so i sold it to him and it became his project.

I guess maybe i should have made a thread stating that since i didnt know people cared so much.

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait, Im sorry.. I didnt know i had a bunch of men keeping tabs on my life. Maybe i should start a blog on my every detail of my life. I woke up today, masturbated, drank some coffee, masturbated some more, went to sears to buy a new pressure washer, masturbated in the parking lot then went home and here i am right now, About to masturbate before the superbowl. Are you turned on?

Yes, I bought a Miata shell, Which means it had no seats, dash was laying on the floor and a bunch of parts scattered everywhere. My buddy, who had built a number of these cars in high school asked me if i wanted to sell it to him because he had been wanting to build an auto x car so i sold it to him and it became his project.

I guess maybe i should have made a thread stating that since i didnt know people cared so much.

LIAR! [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag]
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGhoust:
I just switched from a H/C/I Z06 to a 13 Shelby, and I am not looking back. I gave the Z06 a chance and although its a stout car, GM's build quality just isn't there. I am happy to back in a boosted Ford. GM will not be getting my money ever again.

Anything specific you are more impressed with on the GT500 over the Z06 you had?

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

All the evidence is clear....

-

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
quote:

[patriot]
[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoQrQRBTSBM

I would've done the same if I were you, running 11.7x on a H/C/I C6Z is lame. Traction issues?

Most average BONE stock C6 Z06 run 11.2 -- 11.7x in the 1/4. Some even ran high 10s on radials...

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still don't understand all the GM hate, "I bleed Ford blue"
Shit that goes on around here? I mean I would never by a C7 Z06 or Z07 because the exterior styling is not my cup of tea, but the performance aspects & chassis sound amazing judging by what they are saying in the reviews. Fuck, quit being do closed minded & admit that they are badass cars! Shelby's & Mustangs are great, but there are lots of cars out there to experience fellas!

Personally, if I'm spending over $50k on a new car, (which my broke ass won't be doing anytime soon) my money is going towards a 2014 Cadillac CTS-V, but I'm getting old, have kids to haul around, & I prefer speed & comfort all in 1 package. But that's just me, I have my FoxBody handy for when I want to experience what a Mustang is all about to me!!!

[ 2014-02-03, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoQrQRBTSBM

I would've done the same if I were you, running 11.7x on a H/C/I C6Z is lame. Traction issues?

Most average BONE stock C6 Z06 run 11.2 -- 11.7x in the 1/4. Some even ran high 10s on radials...

I'l second that..lol i ran those numbers when i was exhaust only..put a cam and ported my heads and run 10.7 now..that's on18" drs

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
quote:

Anything specific you are more impressed with on the GT500 over the Z06 you had?
I'd like some details on why you went back? I'm looking at both cars and would like to move on one ASAP!
Have had lots of corvette in the past (I loved it) never driven a GT500. I will do that this weekend, I think its a good start!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
quote:

I'd like some details on why you went back? I'm looking at both cars and would like to move on one ASAP!
Have had lots of corvette in the past (I loved it) never driven a GT500. I will do that this weekend, I think its a good start!

1/4 times are not the reason I got rid of the Z06. I will be the first to admit, I am not among the best drivers out there on the quarter mile. Here are the reasons I got rid of it:

1. LS7 valve drop issue. I had to address this one myself and come out of pocket for the fix on a widely known Chevrolet design flaw. Chevy was not willing to recall this for the thousands of Z06 owners out there. While money is not the issue for the fix for me, it's the principal that counts. Why would I want to do business with a company that doesn't care about customers that buy it's high end sports car?

2. Keyfob transponder (they keyless ignition system) died on this vehicle magically a few months after the warranty. I don't think a car with 24k miles and less then 6 years old should have a keyless ignition system go out. (This is a $800 replacement from the dealer)

3. There were creaks everytime I moved the car. I could feel that the quality of the product was subpar.

4. I know power to weight wise, the vehicle was fast, however, I was not feeling the blunt seat of the pants torque that I felt in my old 03 Cobra, my old Viper or my new GT500.

At the end of the day, the Z06 is a good platform for racing. I am not denying that one bit. However, I am more comfortable in my GT500, I have more up to date tech features in the GT500, not to mention my toddlers can cruise around with me in the back seat. Plus, I can easily crank up the power by a 100rwhp by doing simple bolt on upgrades in my garage. Cheap fun.

In no way I want to steer anyone away from buying a Z06. You may have a different experience then I did. However, after owning some pretty fast cars, I have to say my experience with the Z06 was not an overall positive experience.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com