Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » UNOFFICIAL 2014 SANTA CLARA 49ERS THREAD (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: UNOFFICIAL 2014 SANTA CLARA 49ERS THREAD
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your thoughts...
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am very close to it and not looking forward to the increased traffic. [Frown]
Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercury God of Speed  Ford pictures for Mercury God of Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not even a Football fan (my wife and inlaws are) but I think that what they did to loyal season ticket holders is a joke! Tickets so damn expensive they offer a LOAN PROGRAM !!

--------------------
Ford Blue Blood. 68 XR7 390 X code Cougar, 95 GTS(sold) 95 GT(Donor) 06' GT Black on Black(sold)

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
High ticket prices are kind of to be expected the first while. Have to pay the thing off. Still a bummer to those who can't afford them next year.

Love the new stadium. At least how it looks so far. Don't care where it actually sits as long as it's Northern California.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Zed Stang:
Not even a Football fan (my wife and inlaws are) but I think that what they did to loyal season ticket holders is a joke! Tickets so damn expensive they offer a LOAN PROGRAM !!

What did they do to the season ticket holders? how high did the prices go?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's not that bad. i paid 2k a seat for some nose bleeds but you can finance it within 10 years so i pay 400 a year for 2 seats.

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ that makes no sense. U finance for 10 years for 4 months of football? And that is only the home games which are what half at best. So what about the year after? U still have not paid off the last year, go into more debt? U will never get caught up. It should be a 1 year, 12 month loan!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S4OSHUS:
it's not that bad. i paid 2k a seat for some nose bleeds but you can finance it within 10 years so i pay 400 a year for 2 seats.

400 a year for 10 years to have season tickets for 1 year, what happens if you want tickets for the following year?
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's stupid money for seat rights. I work with a guy who good friend has been a season ticket holder for 15+ years. He makes really good money. ( Over 200k a year. ) The equivalent of his seats would be around 40k. He said fuck it because he didn't want to come out of pocket for that ON TOP off the longer ride to the park.

It's really sad because I remember an old man on TV who had been a season ticket holder sense Kezar Stadium wasn't going to be able to continue buying season tickets because of the increase in ticket prices/seat rights. These billion dollar stadiums are pricing the average joe out of season ticket ownership. I bet people are going to go in on seats like a fucking time share in the near future...... If they don't do that already LOL.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's if I want to finance for ten years. I already paid half of it off and planning to pay the rest this summer [Wink]
Remember these are just the rights. Once it's paid off, it's your forever till you wanna pass it on. The tickets are totally separate every year.

[ 2014-01-20, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: S4OSHUS ]

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry but if you have to finance sports tickets for 10 years your ass should probably just watch from home.

I do have a Q for the REAL 49ers fans, what do you really think of this new stadium? The Giants got a super shiny nice ass park right by the Bay and you guys have to commute to SC to watch a game at a stadium that doesn't really look like anything special. There are a lot of stadiums around the league that appear to be better looking then the Niners new pad. Are you guys happy with the stadium/location?

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know there are serious football fans on here but under no circumstances should you be paying so much to sit in a seat at the stadium. the coverage on TV is excellent and you are cozy in your home watching it for FREE.

Save that money and buy stuff for your Mustang. You are better off spending the money that way. At least you have something to show for it.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Sorry but if you have to finance sports tickets for 10 years your ass should probably just watch from home.

I do have a Q for the REAL 49ers fans, what do you really think of this new stadium? The Giants got a super shiny nice ass park right by the Bay and you guys have to commute to SC to watch a game at a stadium that doesn't really look like anything special. There are a lot of stadiums around the league that appear to be better looking then the Niners new pad. Are you guys happy with the stadium/location?

As a die hard niner fan I really don't mind the location I'm in the middle of Santa Clara and Candle Stick so the drive doesn't make a difference. Candle Stick was and is a dump that place didn't have a future so the niners did need to upgrade and its unfortunate that a deal couldn't get done in the actual city of San Francisco. As far as the ticket prices are concerned I'm afraid that the real die hards will get priced out and that atmosphere will have a corporate and robotic feel with fans not really having a clue whats going on. That being said i'll still root for my niners no matter where they are.

--------------------
03 Terminator

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:

As a die hard niner fan I really don't mind the location I'm in the middle of Santa Clara and Candle Stick so the drive doesn't make a difference. Candle Stick was and is a dump that place didn't have a future so the niners did need to upgrade and its unfortunate that a deal couldn't get done in the actual city of San Francisco. As far as the ticket prices are concerned I'm afraid that the real die hards will get priced out and that atmosphere will have a corporate and robotic feel with fans not really having a clue whats going on. That being said i'll still root for my niners no matter where they are.
Yeah I definitely agree with you on them needing an upgrade from Candlestick and unfortunately you know that at least at the start the whole place will be filled with business clients and companies showing off the new arena. My old lady works for ATT, when ATT then PacBell park opened we used to get company seats, the entire lower section was just people talking business and on their phones the whole time. Hopefully it's a little better with your guys teams since it's only 8 home games a year.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not anywhere near as good as the Cowboys new statium but u have to expect a price increase somewhere. But the seat prices are rediculous and they will not fill seats at those prices! I will always root for the Niners and will never change teams but have no interest in going to a game at these prices! I think they could have upped the prices on beer and food! That is what Dallas did! I heard that the price of one pizza was like $32 or something. Either way they are going to have a rude suprise when seats don't fill

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The actual ticket price has not changed much. Its the seat licensing that is exborant. I went to Santa Clara and sat through the whole presentation with our sales associate. Its the licensing that people our taking payment plans on, not the actual tickets. Its essentially an investment, the club levels at ATT park had the same thing and they have returned 8-10% a year when people decide to sell. The reconditioned meadowlands stadium has an even higher rate of return. The license also gives you first rights to an event in Levi minus the Super Bowl and I believe college bowls. So the cost up front is sticker shocking, but its not money that is getting pissed away.
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I would've liked for them to remodel and update Candlestick, much better location and a lot of history there. The new stadium IMO sucks and the location is horrible and oh yeah no more tailgating! This was/is a stupid move everyone who lives near there is going to HATE it it'll most likely jam 3 freeways at once!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

quote:
Originally posted by sinisterblk:
The actual ticket price has not changed much. Its the seat licensing that is exborant. I went to Santa Clara and sat through the whole presentation with our sales associate. Its the licensing that people our taking payment plans on, not the actual tickets. Its essentially an investment, the club levels at ATT park had the same thing and they have returned 8-10% a year when people decide to sell. The reconditioned meadowlands stadium has an even higher rate of return. The license also gives you first rights to an event in Levi minus the Super Bowl and I believe college bowls. So the cost up front is sticker shocking, but its not money that is getting pissed away.

this exactly was my thought when i went into it.

--------------------
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All of those people who paid a ton of money for seats have to be pissed right now.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477436/article/49ers-in-danger-of-falling-into-nfc-west-basement

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a die hard niner fan and I'll be the first to say we will suck for the next couple years. Willis and Smith are retiring. Gore is gonna leave, crabtree is gonna leave and Kap possibly leaving. Brooks is gone and we will have to see how bowman rebounds.

[ 2015-03-09, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go Niners!!
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 49ers will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Goooo Niners!
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is what happens when you have a young idiot owner and a clueless manager...should have kept harbaugh...keep tuned, more players to follow #52-lupati is next...9ers will be a put together team come this season....sad they couldn't pull the big 1 before all these great players left especially for gore, willis and smith.....

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
I'm a die hard niner fan and I'll be the first to say we will suck for the next couple years. Willis and Smith are retiring. Gore is gonna leave, crabtree is gonna leave and Kap possibly leaving. Brooks is gone and we will have to see how bowman rebounds.

Well Bowman didnt pass the physical and might be cut ...

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  22  23  24   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com