Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » RIP Paul Walker (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: RIP Paul Walker
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
Pisses me off. Everyone was taken video and walking around. Yet not 1 fuck was given to dead. No one tried to help, just walked around as people burned to death. That is what is wrong with the world. [patriot]

If you were there...what exactly would you have done? Take your shirt off to put out the flames? Dive in to rescue them? I am confused.
Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out the cars he and his friend Roger Rodas collected and housed in the shop near where they wrecked, tons of saleen foxbodies. http://youtu.be/U189SwhPXKI

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:
quote:
Pisses me off. Everyone was taken video and walking around. Yet not 1 fuck was given to dead. No one tried to help, just walked around as people burned to death. That is what is wrong with the world. [patriot]

If you were there...what exactly would you have done? Take your shirt off to put out the flames? Dive in to rescue them? I am confused.
Sure as fuck wouldn't be videoing people burning to death. But hey if it can get you some likes or upvotes, I guess it's ok in your book.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sure as fuck wouldn't be videoing people burning to death. But hey if it can get you some likes or upvotes, I guess it's ok in your book.
ok...recording burning people...is morbid. But at the same time. People would want to know what happened. Documentation is necessary. The same as recording WAR?!

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Honest truth is most regular people are so passive they'd rather call 911 or snap a pic for their Instagram or Facebook with their dumb ass smart phones. Nobody's got any sense to go and run for a fire extinguisher which EVERY business is required to have on its premises.

It takes a couple of minutes for a car fire to start getting out of hand and the bystanders probably sat there and watched it ignite and then get bigger and bigger, shit don't explode like they do in the movies. There had to have been someone who could have grabbed an extinguisher somewhere close by, so fuck those people who let these two sit and cook.

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Well, there is some common sense. Good insight.
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that's a trip! RIP Paul!

[Frown]

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:

Honest truth is most regular people are so passive they'd rather call 911 or snap a pic for their Instagram or Facebook with their dumb ass smart phones. Nobody's got any sense to go and run for a fire extinguisher which EVERY business is required to have on its premises.

It takes a couple of minutes for a car fire to start getting out of hand and the bystanders probably sat there and watched it ignite and then get bigger and bigger, shit don't explode like they do in the movies. There had to have been someone who could have grabbed an extinguisher somewhere close by, so fuck those people who let these two sit and cook.

I thought they said it exploded, if that's the case there would have been nothing anyone could have done but i agree most people would rather take pics. As a first responder i deal with that all the time.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even though the guy driving was a former race car driver, driving a MR vehicle is much trickier than FR vehicle. Saw this info on how to get out if a slide on a MR car.

*edited.
Many people are asking me what to do in a slide, drift situation in a MR car check the bottom and thanks for the gold.
The CGT is RMR or Rear Mid-engine/ Rear-wheel drive and these types of cars are different/harder to drive fast than most cars.
If you throw an object with the weight in the front forward, the object will tend to want to follow the weight. In the case of a midengined car, a lot of the weight is behind the driver. Like throwing a carpenter's hammer with the head in the back, one can observe it rotate in mid-flight.
In a front engined car, when you go around a corner, the front of the car will want to stay in front. In fact, it will resist turning, so that means the car tends to "understeer" which means it turns less than you want. If you go into a corner too hot, you increase the understeer. That is not good, because you can run off the road with the front of the car. But it is somewhat controllable and you can slow the car down in the turn if you are too fast.
The physics of cars is that if you go into a corner too hot in a front engined car and hit the brakes, you slow down and actually can transfer grip to the front tires, since the car experiences more weight shift. You unweight the rear tires, so you can increase oversteer, which may reduce the understeer. In any case, if you wreck, you will probably do so nose first. But you can handle things by slowing the car down with brakes.
This is why most production cars are understeer biased. It's safer for the general public. Front engined cars are probably safer also for people who are not skilled also.
Now here is the difference in a midengined car. The weight is behind you. And it always wants to be in front. There are some good things in physics about the weight being behind you in racing. The ability of the car to rotate. Weight over the driving wheels. Launching. Weight transfer under braking. All better.
The first thing to understand is what we mean when we consider the ability of a tire to maintain traction with the road surface. To keep this under 1000+ words, I will just say that it's very important, and when you exceed the ability of the tires, you lose control. Many things come into play that determine what the ability of your tires are. These things may be:
Speed or g-forces. Sideways forces take their toll. Weight pressing down on the tires. If you unweight the tire, it will lose grip. Road and stickiness. Ice of course is bad, so is a patch of wet or some gravel, or even a small bump that upsets the weight balance.
The main trick with some of those things is to not get too close to your limits of adhesion, because none of us are superhuman and can forsee everything possible ahead of us on the road. You can play with the limits where it is safe to do so. But a public road is not the place.
However, what typically happens is this. Driver goes into turn near the limits of the tires ability. We call that driving near 10/10ths. Most non-skilled drivers can't feel the difference between 8/10ths and 11/10ths.
Something happens. That patch of wet. Something in the road. Evasive maneuver. A squirrel. Something. Or maybe just realizing you are going into the turn too hot. Probably the most common reason.
You can do certain things BEFORE the turn. Remember, the mass behind you wants to go straight in front of you. If you are in a straight line, that is not a bad thing. If you are in a straight line, hit the brakes hard. But in the turn....now you have an issue.
The normal driver reaction is to panic. And panic is not good. If you abruptly lift on the throttle, jerk the steering wheel, or worse, slam on your brakes (which most people do).... you cause some things to happen. You transfer weight to the front of the car so now the front increases it's grip, but the rear loses grip. And the rear wants to lead. The rear end will start a very bad oversteer where the car starts to spin. Even if you can catch it, often the correction will induce a huge spin in the opposite direction.
And if you are spinning, you have almost no control. You will have no idea where you will end up. You can spin into things or opposing traffic.
The solution for this is to understand and learn car control. One of the best (safe) places to learn car control and what 10/10ths is, is a local autocross. Here you can spin out over and over. And many people do. Even on a safe racing track, it's not always safe to spin out and go off the track.
Famous racing quote: "Understeer is when the front of the car hits the wall. Oversteer is when you hit with the back."
In a slide, When in doubt, both feet out!
In a small slide, stay off the brake, breathe off the gas, correct the drift.
In a spin, both feet in! (this means clutch and brake)
In a big rotation, when you cannot correct it, lock the brakes to keep a predictable path and slow as fast as possible push in the clutch to keep the engine from stalling or spinning backward

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rip. Sucks he was the passenger! Never had a chance
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey wildfire given your experience fighting fires, when the crash happened do you think a fire extinguisher would have helped spare the lives of the two people in the car?

also guys do you think it exploded because it was heavily modded?

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

quote:
Originally posted by 0089GT:
hey wildfire given your experience fighting fires, when the crash happened do you think a fire extinguisher would have helped spare the lives of the two people in the car?

Where is the gas tank? What caused it to ignite?
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

http://www.world-challenge.com/drivers/bio.php?name=Roger%20Rodas

ROGER WAS A CURRENT RACE CAR DRIVER. HE DROVE A MUSTANG!!!!!

[ 2013-12-01, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: 75 chevy ]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spent the night last night visiting family in Valencia. About 2 miles down the road from the crash sight. As we arrived at our hotel I heard a bunch of emergency vehicles flying by. I told the bellman.....must be something crazy going on....didn't find out it was Paul until the his morning.
Just left the crash site....a sombering experience.
Rip Paul walker. You will be missed.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
135.O
thanks for that write up!
Very informative [patriot]

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

135.O
thanks for that write up!
Very informative [patriot]

--------------------

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I work in fire protection, and every single one of my vehicles has a fire extinguisher in arms reach, at all time. definitely could've made the attempt to rescue him, instead of making a video of it.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

good to know...where do you purchase fire extinguishers? I know myself and the majority of my friends don't have one.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

The people who was recording thought it would explode, they watch to much movies

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Lol thats what i did..at a car meet

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse:
Check out the cars he and his friend Roger Rodas collected and housed in the shop near where they wrecked, tons of saleen foxbodies. http://youtu.be/U189SwhPXKI

damn ,he was a real car guy to

that sucks rip

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The crash scene...

http://youtu.be/5R976MdhNhg

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
The crash scene...

http://youtu.be/5R976MdhNhg

looks like it was too late to save anyone's life.

Why did the car explode in the first place? Cars are made to save the occupants in a collision.

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 0089GT:

No, if it exploded they were probably dead. Ive been to a lot of car fires and never seen one explode. the car looked beat up too, im sure it wasnt a 20mph crash, judging by the car parts all over the street. At the point they were video taping from, they were without a doubt dead and unsavable.

[ 2013-12-01, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: 70mach351 ]

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^+1

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com