Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lets try this again....What will it make? Posts your guesses *TUNED WITH VIDEOS* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Lets try this again....What will it make? Posts your guesses *TUNED WITH VIDEOS*
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not bad, not bad at all. [Whoo Whooooo!] What kind of port work did you get. I'd like to see more flow from the exhaust side. Maybe a bigger carb also.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
Not bad, not bad at all. [Whoo Whooooo!] What kind of port work did you get. I'd like to see more flow from the exhaust side. Maybe a bigger carb also.

I just got the intake ported, they were kinda weird looking like edelbrock didn't finish the job. They cleaned the exhaust a bit.
Tuner said my carb was fine, but wasn't sure on my fuel pump. We did a pressure check of it on a run and it kept up fine.
Also since this is a different dyno than AED's i am kinda curious what my numbers would be on AED's dyno. Might take it there and do a quick run just to see what she puts down.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://youtu.be/c6ifl0-PiX4

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:

I just got the intake ported, they were kinda weird looking like edelbrock didn't finish the job. They cleaned the exhaust a bit.
Tuner said my carb was fine, but wasn't sure on my fuel pump. We did a pressure check of it on a run and it kept up fine.
Also since this is a different dyno than AED's i am kinda curious what my numbers would be on AED's dyno. Might take it there and do a quick run just to see what she puts down.

You took it to motor machine that's why..Dons a great dude no doubt and knows his shit but his dyno reads low...seen it with multiple cars and he swears everyone else's is wrong lol,if I'm wrong ill stand corrected but by the look of the checkered floor you went to motor machine...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please take her to AED as is untouched and see what she puts down..I've been wanting to do this comparison forever but with a car that makes over 500 rw and see the dyno differences...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don always talks shit about my Dyno. He's full of it.
My Dyno reads extremely comparable to a DynoJet. (Within 1/2% in most cases)

3 weeks ago I tuned a 2012 GT M6 with base Paxton kit on E85 and it put down 727SAE on my Dyno. Yesterday I finished up remote tuning a 2012 GT M6 with the same Paxton kit on the same pulley on E85 at GTR down south and it put down.....728SAE with the same timing and fuel curve.

A chassis Dyno is a tuning tool, nothing more. The only numbers that matter come on a time slip that's titled 'Sacramento Raceway'.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

A chassis Dyno is a tuning tool, nothing more. The only numbers that matter come on a time slip that's titled 'Sacramento Raceway'.

This!

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
quote:

You took it to motor machine that's why..Dons a great dude no doubt and knows his shit but his dyno reads low...seen it with multiple cars and he swears everyone else's is wrong lol,if I'm wrong ill stand corrected but by the look of the checkered floor you went to motor machine...
Yeah i went to Motor Machine, Don tuned it last time i wanted him to tune it again this time.
Its weird that different machines give different numbers, i thought it was easy to measure HP but i guess every company has different graphs.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:

3 weeks ago I tuned a 2012 GT M6 with base Paxton kit on E85 and it put down 727SAE on my Dyno. Yesterday I finished up remote tuning a 2012 GT M6 with the same Paxton kit on the same pulley on E85 at GTR down south and it put down.....728SAE with the same timing and fuel curve.

He didn't talk shit about your dyno and i know about those numbers, dyno numbers are just bragging numbers.

I would like to make a run on your dyno though just to compare.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

He didn't talk shit about your dyno and i know about those numbers, dyno numbers are just bragging numbers.

I wouldnt bother long as your happy and I guarantee if you take it to the track it won't hook anyway

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

yes, recently, Donnie has talked shit AED's dyno when he was dynoing Finn's car there....saying it read high blah blah blah...especially after my buddy put down over 1000RW on AED's dyno...

for comparison...had a friend dyno at AED and put down 687RW....about 2 months later, we went down South to a Dynojet and it put down 702RW on the same tune

and you're right though..dyno numbers are jsut bragging numbers..almost as bad as people who will take those dyno numbers and convert them Flywheel HP to brag...

[ 2013-09-11, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great numbers! I'd be more than happy.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Car made 548rwhp and 549rwtq. Max HP was at 5900rpms Max TQ was at 3200rpms and flatlined all the way to 6,000rpms. [Eek!]
I'll post some videos in a few.

forgot to mention..great numbers BTW...6000RPM is screaming for that big block

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
quote:

yes, recently, Donnie has talked shit AED's dyno when he was dynoing Finn's car there....saying it read high blah blah blah...especially after my buddy put down over 1000RW on AED's dyno...

for comparison...had a friend dyno at AED and put down 687RW....about 2 months later, we went down South to a Dynojet and it put down 702RW on the same tune

and you're right though..dyno numbers are jsut bragging numbers..almost as bad as people who will take those dyno numbers and convert them Flywheel HP to brag...

I meant he wasn't talking shit when I was there.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant he wasn't talking shit when I was there.
main thing is..as long as you're happy...

your car is going to be a tire burning machine regardless..

and it put down 550RW through an unlocked auto...which is pretty damn awesome especially for a street car

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm pretty sure he's still running a 5 speed Tremec box.

Nice numbers, Dana!

[ 2013-09-11, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is very true.
We would get the same comment with our dyno.
Mustang guys said it read low, vette guys said it was high.....as they were comparing numbers to other cars with "similar" mods.
We here have done comparisons with cars that come thru here. And I personally have had cars come here from other shops....with dyno sheets....and i've strapped them down and run them with the no changes.....and have seen as much as a 50rwhp difference.
As long and the car runs great, makes good power, and timeslips get lower....dyno numnbers are just ego convos.

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
548rwhp is still good even through a manual. i bet you'd see some power gains by going with a 1050 dominator or an 1150. what was the final a/f ratio?
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
548rwhp is still good even through a manual. i bet you'd see some power gains by going with a 1050 dominator or an 1150. what was the final a/f ratio?

This and add some fuel pump.

Besides a/f ratio what was the vacuum reading if any at wot and peak torque or hp, I bet there was a tiny bit of vacuum.....

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

Besides a/f ratio what was the vacuum reading if any at wot and peak torque or hp, I bet there was a tiny bit of vacuum.....

i didn't get to see the vac.
12.8 A/F

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

Hey Dan

Do you ask about vacuum at WOT because that'd mean that the engine is trying to pull more air through the ports or carb than they'll allow? And if so, this'd indicate that there's power being left on the table due to this/these restrictions?

In my limited understanding of dynos, is it accurate to say that, regardless of what it makes on this dyno vs that dyno, as long as the tune is optimized, it'll run the same numbers at the track? And thus the only difference is the amount of 'resistance' on a certain dyno affecting the hp/tq numbers?

Thanks

Phil

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh, and nice numbers Dana

Out of curiosity, what does your car weigh? Any plans to take it to Sac Raceway when the weather cools off a bit? I'm outta state at the moment - what's the temps been lately? Still hot?

Phil

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:

Out of curiosity, what does your car weigh? Any plans to take it to Sac Raceway when the weather cools off a bit? I'm outta state at the moment - what's the temps been lately? Still hot?

Phil

Still hot. Waiting for it to cool down myself.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:

Phil

Still hot. Waiting for it to cool down myself.
Yeah I am planning on running it at the track again this fall.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I should have set up the GoPro inside the car so I could look at all the gauges. Only gauges I really paid attention to was the oil pressure and fuel pressure.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com