Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lets try this again....What will it make? Posts your guesses *TUNED WITH VIDEOS* (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Lets try this again....What will it make? Posts your guesses *TUNED WITH VIDEOS*
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
548rwhp is still good even through a manual. i bet you'd see some power gains by going with a 1050 dominator or an 1150. what was the final a/f ratio?

This and add some fuel pump.

Besides a/f ratio what was the vacuum reading if any at wot and peak torque or hp, I bet there was a tiny bit of vacuum.....

Hey Dan

Do you ask about vacuum at WOT because that'd mean that the engine is trying to pull more air through the ports or carb than they'll allow? And if so, this'd indicate that there's power being left on the table due to this/these restrictions?

In my limited understanding of dynos, is it accurate to say that, regardless of what it makes on this dyno vs that dyno, as long as the tune is optimized, it'll run the same numbers at the track? And thus the only difference is the amount of 'resistance' on a certain dyno affecting the hp/tq numbers?

Thanks

Phil

When a carb becomes a restriction typically you will see vacuum at wot.

There are variables and what not but basically that's what happens.

I don't, however, know how these would affect air fuel ratio if at all. I've never seen it with my own eyes

I have seen a 6400rpm 306 pull vacuum with a Holley 650 hp

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was just wondering at what
fuel ratio the car made most power at. i want trying to make a correlation between that and the carb size or vacuum. a lot if people on 460 Ford.com seem to make best power at the low 13 to mid 13's for air to fuel. most cars though i see today (modern engines) seem to be tuned for 12.8 or so.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
i was just wondering at what
fuel ratio the car made most power at. i want trying to make a correlation between that and the carb size or vacuum. a lot if people on 460 Ford.com seem to make best power at the low 13 to mid 13's for air to fuel. most cars though i see today (modern engines) seem to be tuned for 12.8 or so.

I know. My mention of carb size and vac wasn't directed towards u bro

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My max A/F ratio was 12.8

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com