Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sad day, no more mustangs for me (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sad day, no more mustangs for me
90coupe50
¯
Member # 10848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90coupe50  Ford pictures for 90coupe50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just moved in with my girl and starting a family, we came to the conclusion that there's no more money to put in cars or racing, really going to miss it:(
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"We" decided or "she" decided?

Oh boy, here we go again.....

I don't get this type of thinking at all,why give up one of your passions for a girl?
At some point you're going to really regret her because at this rate you're going to let her take some of you're other passion's away at some point too.
You're coupe doesn't look to heavily modified in the profile pic and even if it was, sell it to buy something that isn't very modified so it's less expensive to maintain and run.
If you love this hobby you'll find a way to keep it by making just a little extra money, or you're using her as an excuse to get out of it.
I've seen many buddies have to give up a hobby they love because they let the woman take over. Be a man and take charge of the house, don't let her take the hobby or passion away...it will only lead to much bigger problems down the road.
Trust me on this one
[Wink]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I been stangless since 06 lol. But been enjoying others cars since. Now my passion for cars is on hold for my kids. Pretty happy that my son loves cars so cant wait to start again and teach him. So moral of my story is do what u and your girl feels right for u guys. Sometimes u have to give some shit up so as she.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stop crying and start making more money. Wah

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Stop crying and start making more money. Wah

Lol !!! +1
POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't do it! The car is payed off its not like you still have to pay for it.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no big deal..ull realize it was the responsible/right thing to do and never look back at a stang again. been there done that...
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Me and my cars just came to a conclusion that there is no time or money for 1 single bitch , together we are gonna start pulling a bunch of bitches

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
Me and my cars just came to a conclusion that there is no time or money for 1 single bitch , together we are gonna start pulling a bunch of bitches

Excellent

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you own a car outright, What harm is it doing by keeping it? Too many men are willing to just hand over their balls. If money is that bad, you and the girl need to find a better job and make more.

If a female ever tells me what i can and cant do when it comes to hobbies, ill be gone faster than you can blink.

[ 2013-07-09, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your car is already bought and paid for. Don't sell it. Park it in the garage and forget about it. Then come back to it when you have time & money. Nothing wrong with switch up your priorities. But no need to sell something that is already owned.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jaejae5.0:
quote:

Excellent
Smithers....

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18535 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit tell her to stop buying mac makeup and getting her nails and hair done lol and see how that goes.......fuck that my whips stay

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be god damned if I ever listened to a girl to sell my toys to start a family.

If I cant keep my toys and start a family then the time aint right.

It was hard enough selling one of my corvettes a little bit ago simply because I ran out of parking :-(

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife doesn't give me any problems with my car. She knows I've owned that car WAY before I even met her. I'll never sell my fastback...... But then again I might never finish it. [Eek!]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any sacrifice for kids is worth it. However a lot of times people spend way to much for kids when they don't need to. my sister in law sold her nice car than bought a crappier car so she could get stuff for her baby. she spend over $10k on baby furniture. she could have got everything she bought under $1k and kept her nice car.

the stroller she got was like $1k itself. baby seat $800. two cribs for $1,100 each. she way overspent.

don't be too proud to use hand me downs from your family for baby stuff. or go to walmart or target. dont get shit from fufu baby stores.

the baby industry tricks parents into thinking they have to buy expensive things.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Sesar5.0
¯
Member # 8553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesar5.0  Ford pictures for Sesar5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since day 1 I told my girl that I won't be selling my car and she was ok with that. Since then I started my family, painted my car, and have tooken family vacations. And we both dont have a great paying jobs. It's all in managing your money

[ 2013-07-09, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: SUMO ]

--------------------
1990 lx 5.0
PS4 ID Sesar5_0

Posts: 864 | From: Cotija Michoacan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldnt sell it for baby expenses and shit, that's throwing in the towel. There's always a way to make ends meet without getting rid of something that you earned on your own. If she's got money into the car then that makes a little more sense to sell it but if you did the car thing on your own, what are you gonna do when the bitch leaves you and then you dont even have your own ride? That shit's your parachute, KEEP IT.

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by SUMO:
Since day 1 I told my girl that I won't be selling my car and she was ok with that. Since then I started my family, painted my car, and have tooken family vacations. And we both dont have a great paying jobs. It's all in managing your money

Sumo you are a real man and you set a great example for your children! [patriot]

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesn't make sense at all to sell a car that's already payed for. I understand not spending any MORE money on it to prioritize but to sell a car that's payed for just to get a couple grand worth of other useless junk seems counter intuitive to me.

[ 2013-07-09, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If u part ways with ur car u r dumb sorry for those words man being married is great but u do need to have a distraction ie mine is my car and I bet alot of ours is that ram ting is great wouldn't u want ur kids out in the garage helping u out this and that I've heard this we decided lol no it's more like u let her decide if money is tight bust ur ass to make money ur in America where money doesn't come easy so live the dream brother

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SUMO:

true vary true I move in with my girlfriend and we both had a 3 year old boy she never once gave me any shit about my car....manage yore money

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
Doesn't make sense at all to sell a car that's already payed for. I understand not spending any MORE money on it to prioritize but to sell a car that's payed for just to get a couple grand worth of other useless junk seems counter intuitive to me.

+1.

Also, If youre selling that car for money to be able to support a family, then you may want to take a step back on starting a family right now. Selling your possessions in order to support a family is a big no no. You should already have that money in the bank.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LoL!!!!! [dance]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST93NOTCH  Ford pictures for 1FAST93NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F ^%K
I t
S *^T
H APPENS

--------------------
2014 Oxford White Raptor Production #: 30727
1993 Red Notchback Production #: 29409
1993 Teal Cobra Production #: 4505
TEAM TRUE FORGED

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com