Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I- PHONE 5 (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I- PHONE 5
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
I called Verizon and told them I was upset about losing my grandfathered data. She told me since I transferred the upgrade from another line, I was able to keep the unlimited data. This made my day. Now I can't wait for my new phone.

so its not unlimited data anymore ? or just for iphone ..

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
I called Verizon and told them I was upset about losing my grandfathered data. She told me since I transferred the upgrade from another line, I was able to keep the unlimited data. This made my day. Now I can't wait for my new phone.

so its not unlimited data anymore ? or just for iphone ..
Verizon made it so if you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan and you wanted the subsidized price of the apple phone, they will not let you keep the grandfatherd unlimited plan . I think they did this because all carriers don't make much of anything off selling iPhones, so by making you change your unlimted plan they will make money on changing your plan ,by prorating the bill, and also since you will now be on the phone more, using more data you'll be more likely to go over. so now they will be able to charge overages if you go with a small data plans and if you'll want to change to a larger plan they will make $20 more then the old $30 unlimited old plan ...

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Verizon is basically not honoring grandfathered unlimited data. I just happened to find a loop hole so they are letting me keep it. Typically you have to buy the phone at full price in order to keep your grandfathered unlimited plan for iPhone 5 for Verizon. I heard AT&T decided to keep the grandfathered data in order to keep customers. I honestly was thinking of going to sprint but AT&T and t mobile don't get good reception at my house. Verizon has been the best so far.
Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All wireless company's are a huge rip off.
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't see anything wrong with the iphone, but if you already have a 4/4s I don't see the big reason why you would want an iPhone 5 when it is really not that much improved over the previous versions (for the poster that said you already have a 4 I know what you mean). If you are starting out on your first smart phone then yes..the newest iPhone would be good, but from a 4/4s..well..I think you just need to buy something..much like my wife who thinks $4k purses need to be bought every Christmas for herself.
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
I don't see anything wrong with the iphone, but if you already have a 4/4s I don't see the big reason why you would want an iPhone 5 when it is really not that much improved over the previous versions (for the poster that said you already have a 4 I know what you mean). If you are starting out on your first smart phone then yes..the newest iPhone would be good, but from a 4/4s..well..I think you just need to buy something..much like my wife who thinks $4k purses need to be bought every Christmas for herself.

Iphone users will want to upgrade to Iphone 5 just for 4G/LTE support. It's a huge difference in speed. But I do agree with your logic and honestly, the 4s SHOULD have came with 4G/LTE support.
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
All wireless company's are a huge rip off.

Including metro pcs?
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com