Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 86REDGT PLAYED ME!!! DONT BUY NOTHING FROM HIM (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 86REDGT PLAYED ME!!! DONT BUY NOTHING FROM HIM
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
edit; Double post

[ August 01, 2012, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Nastysvt ]

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 86redGT:
Ok, so now that we have heard what he had to say let me lay down what went on from my side.

I would like to start by saying that I had no idea the heads had any problems. I bought them from another member on this forum with the intent of using them on my car. the valve seals are bad in my cobra, and instead of replacing them (which was quoted at $1200) I was just going to do a C head swap.

About a month after I bought them I ended up picking up a full 97 roller with 50k miles, I am in the middle of that swap right now.

Anyways I ended up selling the heads to this individual, I told him that I had never used them, and that the previous owner had told me they were good as they had been pulled from a car with only 30K on it.

Fast Forward to yesterday, over a month goes by without me hearing a word from him. Randomly i get a call at work. When i call him back hes says that the heads are bad. I say ok I apologize and ask him what he wants to do. He says that he already had the heads fixed and installed them on his car, now this is important because he is basically asking for a refund on something that he can no longer return to me.

He tells me that he would be willing to give me his old heads which are disassembled and we know for a fact are bad. I told him I was unwilling to do this. He then says that If I don't give him the money, his uncle is a police officer and He will get my address and "get the money back from me".

I told him that I would think about it, which he must have taken as me agreeing to his terms.

So I started this post SVTP on SVTP for advice. The general consensus was once he had the work done, and could no longer return the original product, I had no obligation to return the money to him. And so that was when I texted him letting him know about the decision I had made.

He proceeded to call me 4 or 5 times, left me voice mails calling me a little bitch and numerous other names, sent me a bunch of text messages saying he found out where I lived and that he was going to show up at my house etc. none of which I replied to.

At this point it is water under the bridge for me, I didnt know they were bad, I feel bad for him that they turned out to be bad, but he should have contacted me after he found out they had problems in the first place, not after he had put them on his car.

Sorry for the wall of text but I hope this puts everything in context.

Ok, after hearing this side of the story, I have to side with you. I missed the part where they were already installed on his car..still sucks for the buyer but yea I wouldn't refund after being installed

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone ban this ghetto uneducated piece of trash. Wanting a refund for heads that are already on the car and wanting to give back bad broken heads instead? LOL!
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Someone ban this ghetto uneducated piece of trash. Wanting a refund for heads that are already on the car and wanting to give back bad broken heads instead? LOL!

In a nutshell!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com