Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Drag and Road Race Sponsorship??? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Drag and Road Race Sponsorship???
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Road race sponsorship is extremely hard to get. Most people who road race, even in professional classes like Rolex and Grand Am, are putting huge amounts of their own cash into the car in order to drive it. Now there are deals to be had, you can get parts discounts and labor discounts for advertising for shops. Tire contingency is huge in road racing. I was able to win several thousand dollars worth of free tires when I time trialed and raced, but the companies have tightened up the pay outs in the last couple of years with the bad economy. It also helps to win a lot.

whats you'r car? The 67 ?

[Confused]

White 90 American Iron coupe. Sold it recently. You can see videos if you go to the agent47racing youtube page.
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
O ok thanks bro [patriot] nice car [worship]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by 707clone:
quote:
Originally posted by SS396chevelle:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
i also spent 20 hours on jae jae heads porting the crap out of them for free, his car runs hard hands downs!!! id like to see any similar car run against his, aluminum headed or not! i would of paid any entrance fees

Jae jae run CAMARA90 same shit but Mike has untouched trick flow aluminum heads, without 20 hours of port work [Smile] .

I say CAMARA90 beats JAE JAE by atleast 5 tenths on motor.....with an automatic.....

Ill pay entrance fees [Smile]

i got a 100 on camara90
throw a 5 spd in that car an see how good he does against jae.
It would be even more of a walk in the park.......

Did jae jae ever run at the track and get a timeslip on that combo?

I forgot.......

Duncan musta built some nice GT40s but 20 hours of port work that aint free just isnt budget friendly no matter how you slice it.

I just post this to stop GT40 dreamers from getting their hopes up and expecting way too much from their budget builds thats all.

I built SVO ricks motor and I think he is walkin aluminum headed cars too with no port work....its about the combo.....

+1 to this...if he's walking him with an auto...it's going to be worse with a stick...

and as Dan already stated...it's way more about the combo than port work...Camara90 has a purpose built shortblock and custom cam which is worth way more than some ported GT40s and some off the shelf alphabet cam...

to stay on topic:

and when I redid my whole entire combo (including a badass engine built by turbo50) and just recently got a Mike's Ultimate Th400...I never asked for nor wanted a sponsor....

[ July 31, 2012, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 707clone:
quote:
Originally posted by SS396chevelle:
quote:
quote:
i also spent 20 hours on jae jae heads porting the crap out of them for free, his car runs hard hands downs!!! id like to see any similar car run against his, aluminum headed or not! i would of paid any entrance fees

Jae jae run CAMARA90 same shit but Mike has untouched trick flow aluminum heads, without 20 hours of port work [Smile] .

I say CAMARA90 beats JAE JAE by atleast 5 tenths on motor.....with an automatic.....

Ill pay entrance fees [Smile]

i got a 100 on camara90
throw a 5 spd in that car an see how good he does against jae.
It would be even more of a walk in the park.......

Did jae jae ever run at the track and get a timeslip on that combo?

I forgot.......

Duncan musta built some nice GT40s but 20 hours of port work that aint free just isnt budget friendly no matter how you slice it.

I just post this to stop GT40 dreamers from getting their hopes up and expecting way too much from their budget builds thats all.

I built SVO ricks motor and I think he is walkin aluminum headed cars too with no port work....its about the combo.....

+1 to this...if he's walking him with an auto...it's going to be worse with a stick...

and as Dan already stated...it's way more about the combo than port work...Camara90 has a purpose built shortblock and custom cam which is worth way more than some ported GT40s and some off the shelf alphabet cam...

to stay on topic:

and when I redid my whole entire combo (including a badass engine built by turbo50) and just recently got a Mike's Ultimate Th400...I never asked for nor wanted a sponsor....

lol great I've got races setup I don't even know about..the car is fast for what it is..but a tfs headed custom cam car is gonna leave me in the dust

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you raced rick yet? If so who won?
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:

Uh oh

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Uh oh
Lol no..I had the chance to drive his car and it feels great but if we race we race..if we don't we don't..I'm with him at the gym most the week do maybe eventually..no call outs tho

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jaejae5.0:
quote:
quote:

Uh oh
Lol no..I had the chance to drive his car and it feels great but if we race we race..if we don't we don't..I'm with him at the gym most the week do maybe eventually..no call outs tho
13s son! 13s!!! Solid 13.50s son!!!!!

--------------------

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is the difference in there two cars? the other guy camaro sounds like it was built with some secret squirrel stuff, but rick and jaes car s sound similar.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
what is the difference in there two cars? the other guy camaro sounds like it was built with some secret squirrel stuff, but rick and jaes car s sound similar.

Camara90s car is a stock shortblock I freshened up with a 300 dollar custom cam and out of the box trickflows WAY budget, WAY cheaper than 20 hours of port work unless its free is my point and will stomp the ported gt40s anyway.

Onto jae jae and ricks the only difference is rick has untouched gt40ps other than that they are the same motors but ricks car is prolly heavier and my money is on the gt40ps superior ports and velocity with a smaller valve even........they are untouched jus rebuilds.....again I jus hate to see guys with gt40s get their hopes too high for such a budget build cuz then they come to u or me wanting the nearly impossible Jon.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com