Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Drag and Road Race Sponsorship??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Drag and Road Race Sponsorship???
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my offer still stands from last year NO MOERE EXCUSES ......Frenchi where ever when ever means richmond parkway tonight or grudgefest 3000$ race with a 1500 punkout now lets see if you wanna lock it in with YOUR BAD AZZ F.O.D DRAG CAR VS.a LITTLE SMALL BLOCK STOCK SUSPENSION MUSTANG FROM TOBIAS MOTORSPORTS LOL..... [patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [burnout] [burnout]

[ July 30, 2012, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: topnotcht-top ]

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol stupid ! stop dreame [patriot]

[ July 30, 2012, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: iron50 ]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there's a lot of people that could and should be sponsored on here. i was mentioning before simply what was needed or looked for when folks like lee are looking to get sponsored, and some of my experiences when i didnt. everyone's hopes are a pipe dream, and when u work hard enough, things well normally help in your favor. gd luck with the sponsoring. and as for the no call back from fod to lee, i believe fod was waiting for a call back himself from lee a while back on a more personal matter, but never got one himself.
as for me sponsoring its stock motor, there was a lot more then just assembly, if i would of just assembled what he brought me or wanted to bring me , his car would of blown up 7 different ways.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Road race sponsorship is extremely hard to get. Most people who road race, even in professional classes like Rolex and Grand Am, are putting huge amounts of their own cash into the car in order to drive it. Now there are deals to be had, you can get parts discounts and labor discounts for advertising for shops. Tire contingency is huge in road racing. I was able to win several thousand dollars worth of free tires when I time trialed and raced, but the companies have tightened up the pay outs in the last couple of years with the bad economy. It also helps to win a lot.
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Duncan did quite a bit of work on my motor. He
Knows all the tricks and had all the fixes for all the problems that the motor and parts had. He knows his way around motors. It wasn't meant to end he way it did. But can't go back now. Thanks again Duncan

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no prob its stock, i wasnt thinkin to put u on blast like it might of seemed. it wasnt meant like that, and i was new to it as well. i have alot going on here . and i probably wasnt very clear on what i wanted in return. your a gd guy and i know it wasnt on purpose for sure and we all learn from stuff and past mistakes.
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
there's a lot of people that could and should be sponsored on here. i was mentioning before simply what was needed or looked for when folks like lee are looking to get sponsored, and some of my experiences when i didnt. everyone's hopes are a pipe dream, and when u work hard enough, things well normally help in your favor. gd luck with the sponsoring. and as for the no call back from fod to lee, i believe fod was waiting for a call back himself from lee a while back on a more personal matter, but never got one himself.
as for me sponsoring its stock motor, there was a lot more then just assembly, if i would of just assembled what he brought me or wanted to bring me , his car would of blown up 7 different ways.

What personal matter? I haven't received a call from iron50 since May when he came out to Concord to sell me some wheels.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ItzStock:
Duncan did quite a bit of work on my motor. He
Knows all the tricks and had all the fixes for all the problems that the motor and parts had. He knows his way around motors. It wasn't meant to end he way it did. But can't go back now. Thanks again Duncan

If you need some fabrication work call me on saturday! [patriot] I.m back from bacations

[ July 30, 2012, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: iron50 ]

--------------------
You mama

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Road race sponsorship is extremely hard to get. Most people who road race, even in professional classes like Rolex and Grand Am, are putting huge amounts of their own cash into the car in order to drive it. Now there are deals to be had, you can get parts discounts and labor discounts for advertising for shops. Tire contingency is huge in road racing. I was able to win several thousand dollars worth of free tires when I time trialed and raced, but the companies have tightened up the pay outs in the last couple of years with the bad economy. It also helps to win a lot.

whats you'r car? The 67 ?

[Confused]

--------------------
You mama

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't mean to side track the thread but lee I need some motor work done if you got time pm me your number so we can talk. I tried pming you but my browser is acting weird. Thx!
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i also spent 20 hours on jae jae heads porting the crap out of them for free, his car runs hard hands downs!!! id like to see any similar car run against his, aluminum headed or not! i would of paid any entrance fees

Jae jae run CAMARA90 same shit but Mike has untouched trick flow aluminum heads, without 20 hours of port work [Smile] .

I say CAMARA90 beats JAE JAE by atleast 5 tenths on motor.....with an automatic.....

Ill pay entrance fees [Smile]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
quote:

[Confused]

He had the road race white coupe that sold and when I built his motor he didnt ask for any sponsorship.....

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
i also spent 20 hours on jae jae heads porting the crap out of them for free, his car runs hard hands downs!!! id like to see any similar car run against his, aluminum headed or not! i would of paid any entrance fees

Jae jae run CAMARA90 same shit but Mike has untouched trick flow aluminum heads, without 20 hours of port work [Smile] .

I say CAMARA90 beats JAE JAE by atleast 5 tenths on motor.....with an automatic.....

i got a 100 on camara90
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396chevelle:
quote:
quote:

i got a 100 on camara90
throw a 5 spd in that car an see how good he does against jae.

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88FOX:
Don't mean to side track the thread but lee I need some motor work done if you got time pm me your number so we can talk. I tried pming you but my browser is acting weird. Thx!

(925)200-9431

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

well if 20 hours of port work flow as gd as some trick flows or even close im smiling! but i would not do it again as its not worth the money.i was helping him out cause he had no money, he was super helpfull and i was slow at the moment. if camaro wins ill buy the slurpees for u and 396. if jae jae wins. u and 396 both buy me a slurpee!! i will want two cause i will drink them both unless jae jae wants one for him self. and ill pay jaes jaes entree fee win or lose
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well if 20 hours of port work flow as gd as some trick flows or even close im smiling! but i would not do it again as its not worth the money.i was helping him out cause he had no money, he was super helpfull and i was slow at the moment. if camaro wins ill buy the slurpees for u and 396. if jae jae wins. u and 396 both buy me a slurpee!! i will want two cause i will drink them both unless jae jae wants one for him self. and ill pay jaes jaes entree fee win or lose

i like to bet for cash 100 is to much then we can do it for 50 bucks
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Let me know when this goes down. Ill bring my bucket out.
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 707clone:
quote:
Originally posted by SS396chevelle:
quote:
quote:

i got a 100 on camara90
throw a 5 spd in that car an see how good he does against jae.
It would be even more of a walk in the park.......

Did jae jae ever run at the track and get a timeslip on that combo?

I forgot.......

Duncan musta built some nice GT40s but 20 hours of port work that aint free just isnt budget friendly no matter how you slice it.

I just post this to stop GT40 dreamers from getting their hopes up and expecting way too much from their budget builds thats all.

I built SVO ricks motor and I think he is walkin aluminum headed cars too with no port work....its about the combo.....

--------------------

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
quote:

[Confused]

He had the road race white coupe that sold and when I built his motor he didnt ask for any sponsorship.....
sorry bro you r Sf cupe? Ok thanks
[patriot]

--------------------
You mama

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

yeah porting work is not worth it at all. i was just being nice, it is not cost effective at all. no time slips cause hes a video gaming couch dweller lol jk. but he was saying he was very close if not faster than the ls1 camaros and similar cars. i thought that was gd. but slurpees is all ill bet for.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
yeah porting work is not worth it at all. i was just being nice, it is not cost effective at all. no time slips cause hes a video gaming couch dweller lol jk. but he was saying he was very close if not faster than the ls1 camaros and similar cars. i thought that was gd. but slurpees is all ill bet for.

Im not saying porting, with a proper flow bench etc, is not worth it at all but when it comes to some simple ass production GT40 heads.....well....you can buy some nice done CNC'd heads for half the cost of porting and they come with ferrea valves which are excellent..

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you guys do a weekend and it's not 100 degrees outside I may suit up... Other than that I rather be in the sun looking at women!

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:

Cash bets only from my end.that is how gentlemen place wagers
351stang
¯
Member # 7579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351stang  Ford pictures for 351stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turbo50 ftmfw

--------------------
tows b 4 hoes

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com