Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Drag and Road Race Sponsorship??? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Drag and Road Race Sponsorship???
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody willing to give some sponsorship for a drag car and a road race car? I have both and I would like to see them done.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lee you kill me, lol! For 12 years the car in your garage has been "just about done and ready to drive!"

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I know Don, I keep changing the plans on both of my cars, on the GT just needs time to finish, which I don't have much of for all the little detail work that I hate doing, on the Coupe is the money pit, I just need a powerglide so I can start putting it together.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wasnt FOD sponsoring people? [burnout]

--------------------
Duh' Winning- Charlie Sheen

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

quote:
Originally posted by blown doors off:

Yeah, but they never returned my calls

[ July 28, 2012, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: racsirx ]

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the thing with sponsoring people. is that someone will be putting alot of time and materials in someones car. whats that person doing with that car? is that person gona make it worth while? is it something there serious about doing? are they gona quit the next day. most people that ive seen that are looking for a sponsor have a whole portfolio filled with pics, or history of there past races showing that there serious, and there continuous time slips of being at the track faithfully. is a big risk to sponsor someones car that just sits in the garage lol,<no offense>! and might never get it out, or doesn't really hit all the events or is even 75 percent serious. and if u don't have any proof or history of continuously hitting the road race or drag race scene. how can the sponsoring guy know the difference? when i sponsored and did itsstock motor he had a portfolio , he was the most heard about kid out this way always racing anybody and everything win or lose, and he mostly won. he was serious as they get to a point. i did a motor for him, i never got no stickers on the car,u tube videos of a 9 second car with no body knowing who built the motor, he went on his way like thanks but now i gotta go attitude. never got a public thank u till way after a couple arguments. shoot till after he already sold the car was anything said. if he would have kept the car and did what was expected i could of got iron fifty to sponsor his roll cage as well. and then that would of been some proof this guy iron 50 can follow a simple rule book and got a certified done cage under his belt. but its stock did not follow thru. i dont mean to bash on its stock, me and him have talked and he was just caught in the moment of being young, a new born baby, and wanting to get his car done and driving and probably forgot to eat he was so excited, this guy blood is sponsored by redline oil! and we have made up sense then, i hold no hard feelings towards him, but i will never get my 100 hours of work and time on that motor back. 100 hours lost. and thats something any sponsor has to think about before going thru what i went thru. i also spent 20 hours on jae jae heads porting the crap out of them for free, his car runs hard hands downs!!! id like to see any similar car run against his, aluminum headed or not! i would of paid any entrance fees to any drift event just so he could get some seat time cause he is really very very talented, and great kid. but he cant muster the what ever to go.
so if u want to get a sponsor grab a portfolio and dig out some pics, get the car together as gd as u can and hit the track.if your any gd or being consistent or maybe going to enter the car in some big magazine, an just being a decent guy, with a lot of history already. u could get one in no time.

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@duncan

That sounds kind of disappointing about sponsoring someone and not even getting your due recognition for building the motor..

It sounds like you have wizened up quite a bit since then though and are alot more cautious about who you sponsor.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol very true. where gd on the matter, he made a big thank u but just much later. and maybe i dint make my wishes known well enough either. And i smile every time i hear jay jay smokes sumbody. jay jay was always very thank full and i never asked him for any sponsorship dues, jay was just very helpful at the shop around that time.
but i have asked other place for sponsoring some of my customer cars, and this is the same thing they ask, here goes some others for example, they want a contract, sometimes up to a year of constantly making those races or events, each an every time unless there was car troubles. some times they may or may not want there sticker in a particular spot, and married to the car for a year, sometimes all of the above. and there are penalties as well with some folks. if they forfeit they are accountable up to the full amount or more of the work done if the contract is not met. im not the only one that has had these troubles and that was evident talking with some of these company,s.

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@duncan

Yea, it makes sense to have a lot expected of the person that the company's sponsor because they put of alot of time and money to the cause.

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sponsorship is hard. I'm sure I can get mine sponsored by certain people I just have the time to take if out... Lol
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
the thing with sponsoring people. is that someone will be putting alot of time and materials in someones car. whats that person doing with that car? is that person gona make it worth while? is it something there serious about doing? are they gona quit the next day. most people that ive seen that are looking for a sponsor have a whole portfolio filled with pics, or history of there past races showing that there serious, and there continuous time slips of being at the track faithfully. is a big risk to sponsor someones car that just sits in the garage lol,<no offense>! and might never get it out, or doesn't really hit all the events or is even 75 percent serious. and if u don't have any proof or history of continuously hitting the road race or drag race scene. how can the sponsoring guy know the difference? when i sponsored and did itsstock motor he had a portfolio , he was the most heard about kid out this way always racing anybody and everything win or lose, and he mostly won. he was serious as they get to a point. i did a motor for him, i never got no stickers on the car,u tube videos of a 9 second car with no body knowing who built the motor, he went on his way like thanks but now i gotta go attitude. never got a public thank u till way after a couple arguments. shoot till after he already sold the car was anything said. if he would have kept the car and did what was expected i could of got iron fifty to sponsor his roll cage as well. and then that would of been some proof this guy iron 50 can follow a simple rule book and got a certified done cage under his belt. but its stock did not follow thru. i dont mean to bash on its stock, me and him have talked and he was just caught in the moment of being young, a new born baby, and wanting to get his car done and driving and probably forgot to eat he was so excited, this guy blood is sponsored by redline oil! and we have made up sense then, i hold no hard feelings towards him, but i will never get my 100 hours of work and time on that motor back. 100 hours lost. and thats something any sponsor has to think about before going thru what i went thru. i also spent 20 hours on jae jae heads porting the crap out of them for free, his car runs hard hands downs!!! id like to see any similar car run against his, aluminum headed or not! i would of paid any entrance fees to any drift event just so he could get some seat time cause he is really very very talented, and great kid. but he cant muster the what ever to go.
so if u want to get a sponsor grab a portfolio and dig out some pics, get the car together as gd as u can and hit the track.if your any gd or being consistent or maybe going to enter the car in some big magazine, an just being a decent guy, with a lot of history already. u could get one in no time.

Wow lol
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Lee goes to the track more then most folks know about,if
An when lee builds a car he is out there beating on like it owes money look less red coupe it ran 9.7x with a stock block an cam his red gt all of the og that have been racing since the the 90s know him an his car

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

So you built his motor for free?
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 351w:
So you built his motor for free?

Yes He Sponsored The "Assembly" Of My Motor.

[ July 28, 2012, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
@duncan

That sounds kind of disappointing about sponsoring someone and not even getting your due recognition for building the motor..

It sounds like you have wizened up quite a bit since then though and are alot more cautious about who you sponsor.

Agreed [patriot]

I'd consider talking to Lee though. He seems serious and is a genuinely good guy.

If I were you, I'd write up a contract for ANYONE "sponsored" with your expectations and the financial dollar figure associated. It should work for anyone whom is serious [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lee would definitely be the one to sponsor

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Thanks guys, I think ItzStock and 1SLOWLX, would be a good cars to sponsor also. I don't need any motor work or I already have a Dart block 331 and an R-block 327 ready to go 8s and my 88mm turbo should be here shortly, I just need time and more parts, I am just dying to go racing, just been a slow process.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big thanks again to Duncan and Iron 50 for taking a chance in sponsoring me. Theyre a couple a great folks and i dont know what i would have done without them. Im goin through a financially challenging time since leavin my GF and have to pay child support (its cheaper to keep her!) and i havent been able to make it to a lot of drift events yet (only about 7-8) this year due to the cost of tires, admission, wear and tear, and gas each trip to the race track costs between 100-150 bucks. But i am definently 100% commited to the cause and have all winter to save up for next year. And the team will have 3-4 more stangs out there next year, im super juiced! Cant wait to start doin some tandems with the team! Duncan/Team F.O.D ftw!

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so whats up with the team fod drag car?

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by topnotcht-top:

pipe dream one big ass pipe dream

[ July 30, 2012, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: SS396chevelle ]

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sponsorship can come in many forms. Sure, a lump sum of cash would be nice, but most buisness owners willing to do that expect a decent return on their investment. First thing I would suggest is to put together a protfolio of pictures of the car, race history, and most of all... a class to race in. Figure out what kind of money/parts/materials you would like to see and start there. All they can say is no. I have many people who "help" me out. No one has ever just handed me cash to go race with. Everything I have been given from shops/individuals were free or discounted parts, labor, or work. I have a huge goal I have set for myself and I am slowly closing in on that goal with the help of a few good shops/people. I wouldn't be where I am today with this car if it weren't for those people. If my job didn't take me away from racing year round, I would persue a full time sponsorship, but for now, I will just press on as I have for the last few years.

[ July 30, 2012, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396chevelle:
quote:

pipe dream one big ass pipe dream
Lol ! Yes big dreams ! Money no problem ! [Wink]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Whats up with your 0.8 and 160 milles [Roll Eyes] no ready?

--------------------
You mama

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:

U know the reason [patriot] my customers know the reason [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:

U know the reason [patriot] my customers know the reason [patriot]
Really, LOL?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com