Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How some of you pay for your crap!?!?! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How some of you pay for your crap!?!?!
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaejae5.0:
80+ hours a week..13 days straight with 1 fatigue day

You're young. You get past 30 with a wife and kids and that shit doesn't fly.
I'm jus a wee boy tim..haha

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I get paid better than a few on here N I don't have any bills besides insurance N cell phone. So I'm left with a lot of money. [Big Grin]

I smell mommys boy lol..well enjoy it bro I was like that b4 my mom bought me everything I wanted when I was in hs and living at home got my girl pregnant moved out at age 17 am 20 now and ever since bin taking care of my kid n my kids momma soon to b my wife lol..i make enough I struggled a bit but for the most part its been cool my girl started working about 6months ago cus her mom couldnt work no longer but their never been a necessary thing for herto do it.but hey word of advice make your girl work asap you will have rxtra cash for stupid stuff and parts at age 20 like mopeds you dont need lol..or dogs.
I get provided with food, roof over my head for FREE. Everything else is out of my pocket. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I get paid better than a few on here N I don't have any bills besides insurance N cell phone. So I'm left with a lot of money. [Big Grin]

Curious as to why you own an 86 mustang with not even 200rwhp?????? I call [BS flag]

Unless your just not in to going fast lol

[ February 10, 2012, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i work 40 hour a week an flag anywhere from 70 to 125 hours a week been that way for me since 1997.i just smart i only live of the 40 hours a week an save the rest if see something an i want it i buy it then i wait to taxes seson an sell for more money becuase most guys use there taxes money as a savings accont
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:

Curious as to why you own an 86 mustang with not even 200rwhp?????? I call [BS flag]

I own a '86 kuz I love 4 eyes don't see many of them. N ay you don't know if I'm making more than that [Wink]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Money management!!
I pay rent car note(soon to be 2 car notes sin e my baby mama wants a car nd she not allowd to touch my stangs xcept if she ridin passenger status) family phone plan utilitiy bills nd have a 2 year old that likes to eat more than i do nd i still have some what money left over to play around with. Ofcourse after puttin money to the savings cuz u never know what can happen!!
My 89 306 like to drink 91 octane when it comes out md my 02 gt also likes 91...
I put in 50-60 hour weeks nd get paid a pretty nice penny!

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
robbing and stealing from ppl helps me

give me my WHEELS BACK!!!!!
poor folks need to make ends meet...them wheels were sold to put food on the table.
1ST0KGT
¯
Member # 10606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1ST0KGT  Ford pictures for 1ST0KGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm 19, work every morning when people. Are sleeping, trying to find another job for I can pay off whatever I owe to the department of revenue haha, I never had the privilege of mommy and daddy buying me everything, although I do live with them haha, but that mustang that I own is being built by my money, and my hard work and nothing is better to be built not bought [Big Grin]

I also have a ps3 my GF bought me, and two dogs a mixed of who knows what named Brownie and a fullbread weenier named Milo haha

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

Posts: 1742 | From: San Jose (SOUTH BAY) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle:
i work 40 hour a week an flag anywhere from 70 to 125 hours a week been that way for me since 1997.i just smart i only live of the 40 hours a week an save the rest if see something an i want it i buy it then i wait to taxes seson an sell for more money becuase most guys use there taxes money as a savings accont

haha savings.. i spend that tax money as fast as it hits the bank.. taxes for me are like christmas & b-day rolled into one.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one thing is for sure w/ these hobbies we can often get carried away w/ the spending and lose sight of what is priority. been there done that after screwing around w/ 9 stangs, many of which ive modified heavily over the 16 years ive been into the hobby.

worked my ass through hs once i turned 16 and throughout college and even took school loans to fund my car addition.

fast forward to today, a few more gray hairs and a bit more of adult knowledge and experience under my belt, im done through screwing up w/ cars and take on the normal responsibilities of any adult. multiple mortgages, a few dollar bills in the bank, a career, blah blah.

when we're young, we often are irresponsible, lose track of reality and do things hastily but at some point, you hope ull learn to be more responsible on the spending, actually saving $$$ and adjust the priorities accordingly....just a part of "growing" up. no regrets . words of advice.. dont overdo things like many by spending beyond your means and know that patience goes a long way in this hobby.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like rkelly said "I'm a jigalo" Jk on a serious note I work lots of over time and my girl has a good high paying job...Oh and I always buy and sell parts to make extra bread so next time I lowball you you'll know why [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I own a '86 kuz I love 4 eyes don't see many of them. N ay you don't know if I'm making more than that [Wink]
I recall you just purchasing some GT40's on here recently.. Your not making anything lol.. Ballers have aluminum youngin' lol

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I recall you just purchasing some GT40's on here recently.. Your not making anything lol.. Ballers have aluminum youngin' lol
Club member has P's now, so.... [Embarrassed]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
one thing is for sure w/ these hobbies we can often get carried away w/ the spending and lose sight of what is priority. been there done that after screwing around w/ 9 stangs, many of which ive modified heavily over the 16 years ive been into the hobby.

worked my ass through hs once i turned 16 and throughout college and even took school loans to fund my car addition.

fast forward to today, a few more gray hairs and a bit more of adult knowledge and experience under my belt, im done through screwing up w/ cars and take on the normal responsibilities of any adult. multiple mortgages, a few dollar bills in the bank, a career, blah blah.

when we're young, we often are irresponsible, lose track of reality and do things hastily but at some point, you hope ull learn to be more responsible on the spending, actually saving $$$ and adjust the priorities accordingly....just a part of "growing" up. no regrets . words of advice.. dont overdo things like many by spending beyond your means and know that patience goes a long way in this hobby.

This man knows what he is talking about.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:

Why the lady eyes Mr. Ricky Bobby?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

fantasy land?
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a much better paying job then I did back in the day. Right now I just work a day of overtime each pay period to pay for mod parts.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Club member has P's now, so.... [Embarrassed]
Glad you don't have them but I'd never do a friend like that lol.... Just keep doing whatever your doing big baller shot caller....

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why the lady eyes Mr. Ricky Bobby?
maybe I read it wrong...a few people...yeah okay, you get paid better than just a few people on here...gotcha.... [Smile]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

@cali95gt: What you mean do a friend like that? N I was fuckin with u I do got P's, for NOW. Just gonna have a lil mini runner until I get this other build going that I'd like you to even be close to touching.

@RickyBobby: Yeah I said FEW kuz I don't know how much people make here but from what a few people have talked about what they make I make more than that. I'm not saying I'm rich but I definitely aint hungry.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
@cali95gt: What you mean do a friend like that? N I was fuckin with u I do got P's, for NOW. Just gonna have a lil mini runner until I get this other build going that I'd like you to even be close to touching.

@RickyBobby: Yeah I said FEW kuz I don't know how much people make here but from what a few people have talked about what they make I make more than that. I'm not saying I'm rich but I definitely aint hungry.

How the Fuck did I turn into Ricky Bobby? He ain't got Shit on me....

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:

Umm just how it sounds... I would talk my buddy into getting some better flowing aluminum heads for about a $100-$200 more... No biggie tho. I'm not hating on your build at all so don't take it that way bro.... When you start tha bigt build hopefully you have some aluminum heads by then lol... As far as me touching it... I'm not too concerned. You have no idea what I have now or what I'll have by the time you start this huge build..... I personally don't care. Hope it's fast enough to out run a "Sports Car" since I'll have that by then
[Wink] if you catch my drift....

[ February 11, 2012, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------

inthefifty_510
¯
Member # 11534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inthefifty_510  Ford pictures for inthefifty_510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
I help a couple friends that are females with their dating services. I make sure they get paid and make sure they get to their destination.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
86gt t-top sold
90gt sold
86gt smashin

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com