Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » TPS. (K-member kits) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TPS. (K-member kits)
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey ef are you gonna a k memeber?

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

TTNITEMARE
Member # 11529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TTNITEMARE  Ford pictures for TTNITEMARE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowmo:
First and foremost I want to thank Jason and mike at TPS these guys called me up one day and asked me if I was looking for a k-member kit. It's so crazy cuz I was. So we sat down and talked. I dealt with this shop on my tranny issues
And some other stuff. We were talking and Jason told
me that grenatelli has a good kit and it also converts the front to coil over, also A arms. So I did it I took my car out last night after picking it up and man oh man all the noise I have been hearing are gone im stoked.
I've been in a lot of cars with k-member swaps and they do not feel this good. It literally feels brand new car and strong. I really recommend calling Jason up at TPS and talking to them. They got the best deals
On k-member coil over kits. I guarantee nobody can match.

-
TEAM FAST all damn day.

Dude – I know you will be happy with your GMS stuff. I have had mine for 3 years and no issues. Don’t listen to all that BS about cheap copy and yadda yadda. Granitelli makes nice stuff. So does Maximum but they think their parts are made out of unobtainium. As long as there are guys out there that think $600 k-members are better than $400 parts when they look and operate the same, MM will have a place in this world. Normally I would say there is room for both. I have read links about who engineered what but lets be honest, we are all past that now. Like I said I have had my stuff for 3 years and the stories of bad GMS stuff is old news. In fact, I have never seen or read anything about a broken Granitlli K-member, A-arms or coil over conversion.

quote:
Originally posted by poisonpony96:
From what I've read granitelli is an extremely cheap knockoff off maximum Motorsports. With lots of failures. Research it. It's all over the net. I don't know if stuff has changed but there has been many accounts of catastrophic failure.

This is exactly what I am talking about – What makes it cheap? Like Slowmo said this stuff fits and works perfect. In fact he is saying it is totally road complaint and makes no noise, I have never read that about MM or griggs. I am not saying GMS is better or worse than any other system – What I am saying is I have yet to see a company to shows up on the message boards like Granitelli and actually takes an interest in us. – To me that says a ton. I did research it and looked all over the net. It looks like the same guys chase Granitelli site to site and like a fool he keeps defending himself and bringing himself down to their level. If Granitelli ignored the BS bad news and let it die he would do better. Sadly he is so into trying to help (his words not mine) I think he perpetuates his own death and demise sometimes. Last catastrophic failure. I have read about old rusty rear lower control arms but they don’t even look like the GMS stuff - it just looks like people saying it is his. I am sure GMS has had problems we all do. My first set of coil overs came from Maximum MS and after 1000 or so miles all the threads wore out off the threads portion that slid over the shocks. They told me I did not adjust them right. I said Chicane installed them and they referred me to them. They told me tough sh-t not their problem. I purchased Griggs stuff from another dealer and reported it back to my friends on corner carvers. Next thing I knew, all my posts were pulled and Maximum said if I gave then the bad stuff they would send me new parts. I sold the new stuff back to Chicane. You can’t say anything good about Granatelli on the corral and not get blasted and if you say anything bad about MM they pull the posts as if it never happened. – Props to MM for having that kind of influence on the boards but bad for us cuz we never know the truth.

quote:
Originally posted by g-ride14:
What spring rate and height did you go with?

Did you go with standard length a arms or fox body ones?

I had 14” long by 175 lbs. But changed over to 12” x 250 and was much happier

--------------------
I am Chris Gunter, an employee of Granatelli Motorsports pretending to be your average Mustang enthusiast. The truth would be something like "Of course I don't have problems with my Chinese cloned GMS parts, I work for them!" Not the BS posted above.

It's also shady to be a GMS employee pretending to be an average Camaro driver to pull off the same scam else where.

Wait until people on other message boards hear about our latest GMS dirty sales tactics! Pretending to be average car guys on forums while defending Granatelli products and trashing the competition! Spread the word people.

Posts: 5 | From: Port Hueneme | Registered: Dec 2011  |  :
Slowmo
¯
Member # 9712

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slowmo  Ford pictures for Slowmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my kit. I drove 100 miles today with no problems. I love the kit. It's feels awesome. It is a good deal and I stand by it. Thank you TPS all day

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST

04 MACH1 thats down from a stop
Honda Technician

TTNITEMARE
Member # 11529

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TTNITEMARE  Ford pictures for TTNITEMARE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
20,000+ miles and still happy too

--------------------
I am Chris Gunter, an employee of Granatelli Motorsports pretending to be your average Mustang enthusiast. The truth would be something like "Of course I don't have problems with my Chinese cloned GMS parts, I work for them!" Not the BS posted above.

It's also shady to be a GMS employee pretending to be an average Camaro driver to pull off the same scam else where.

Wait until people on other message boards hear about our latest GMS dirty sales tactics! Pretending to be average car guys on forums while defending Granatelli products and trashing the competition! Spread the word people.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does the kit push the front wheels forward 3/4" sounds like a killer deal and for half the price and what's do need to do to plum? Measure from corner to corner? I've been thinking of doing a kmember swap also to shave some lbs off the car and does the kit require a kmember brace like mm?

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beastly GT500 TVS:
Hey ef are you gonna a k memeber?

WaSnt planning on it. But we will see what happens down the road. Well down the road haha

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
TTNITEMARE
Member # 11529

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for TTNITEMARE  Ford pictures for TTNITEMARE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Does the kit push the front wheels forward 3/4" sounds like a killer deal and for half the price and what's do need to do to plum? Measure from corner to corner? I've been thinking of doing a kmember swap also to shave some lbs off the car and does the kit require a kmember brace like mm?

I think it comes with the brace you are asking about - mine did. But you don't need it. I ran it in the begining and when i changed over to a bigger Canton oil pan I had to take it off - the GMS k-member is so tough - you don't need that extra brace [Smile]

--------------------

STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TTNITEMARE:
quote:

I think it comes with the brace you are asking about - mine did. But you don't need it. I ran it in the begining and when i changed over to a bigger Canton oil pan I had to take it off - the GMS k-member is so tough - you don't need that extra brace [Smile]
This is true....it comes with the brace, and can be removed if you ran a large pan.

Glad to hear the kit is going good slomo.
If everyone on the net actually knew the TRUE story behind Granetelli/Maximum/Griggs you'd all be quite surprised.
I will not knock any of these company's as in my opinion they all make GREAT products.....but when heresay is thrown out to purposely bash a company with absolutely NO EVIDENCE or proof, it's pretty sad.

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like u overpaid by a lot! Especially considering it's granatelli crap!! They suck, always have sucked. Their customer service sucks. When ur parts break and they WILL NOT return/exchange it. Then please post so u can let everyone know! Notice how I said when not IF! I can post some nasty pics of granetelli parts that have broke on customers cars that I fixed, and they WOULD NOT even exchange them! So only dealers I will use/install now are MM and UPR!!! Both companies stand by their products 100%. as does steeda who once sent me a brand new tri-ax for a customer that didn't even have his original recipt! They are smart enough to not want a bad name on the Internet! Def not the case with granetelli!

[ January 10, 2012, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: *BlownMach1* ]

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh and nothing against TPS, they do great work! But poor choice in those parts!!! And steed, I can and will post several pics of broken granettell parts! All from cars that have never seen the track or could even run faster then 12.5s at best!! Just street cars that the parts could not hold up to! Plain and simple. Going down the track a few times no matter how fast it is VS. Hard daily driven street miles!!

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TTNITEMARE:
quote:

Are you some kind of engineer, how do you know how "tough" it is smart guy. Did you test it to see if it flexes under load with or without the brace? Probably not. The reason Granatelli's crap fits well is because they copied the design of MM and the reason it's cheaper is because they have it manufactured in China. That's bullshit, the company ripped off an idea and then manufactures it in another country for pennies on the dollar. How about you save a few extra duckets and buy American.

Here's a fact for you. Tube steel is square tubing that is used in structural steel buildings. It is manufactured from flat stock, bent into a tube shape and then the seam is welded. By law tube steel manufactured in China and Korea has to have the seam weld ultra sonically tested before it is allowed on construction sites in California. Why, because the welds fail, not all the time, but they do fail. That's how shitty the manufacturing is in China and that's who makes your cheap, knock off parts. But they are super tough in your opinion so it's all good.

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Love it when guys come on here with 3 posts and act like they know it all. Glad your granetelli crap works for you, not gonna be the case always. If every single one broke they would not be in business. Fact is some do because it's made cheaply. And I run UPR on several cars we have built and never had a issue! They are around the same price but made from chromeally in AMERICA and are tried n true. I have also ran a few AJE with no issue but found a few things I don't like as much as UPR. And much more money!

--------------------
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150

Team True Forged!!!

TTNITEMARE
Member # 11529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TTNITEMARE  Ford pictures for TTNITEMARE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What the heck? Why does it all have to go back to a bashing session? You guys are crazy. The SLOWMO came here to speak of a great part and great service. That is it. I jumped in and said I am happy as well. That is it.

All of a sudden some idiot jumps in and starts talking about construction sites. I am a Granatelli customer and have not had any issues with my suspension stuff. I did have a problem with Granatelli's DiabloSport tuner and they exchanged it. All I did was pay shipping to them and they even paid the shipping back. I had a bushing fail once on a Steeda part and they said you're closer to Energy Suspension then we are, call them and they will warranty it for you direct. While they were nice about it - making me call Energy was a bit BS-ish if you ask me. I still would buy from Steeda because I understood the salesman’s hands were tied - he was just relaying what his boss told him. If you speak with Dario the owner of Steeda at an event you will never go back he acts like he knows it all but then again that is why he has a staff. That way they do all the work and he gets all the money [Smile]

The Granatelli CHINA thing is a dead issue [BS flag] get over it. My take Granatelli has been around forever, they made a k-member before anyone else, at some point they changed the design and now it looks more like a MM. Please don’t play the R&D "we engineered it first" card. It is not a moving part and if you back out the same few guys that seem to follow GMS around the overwhelming majority are happy. Over on the corral there was a guy Y2KGT or something that said he has raced with a GMS K-member for a while and whipped up on just about everyone he came across. He said he crashed the car, taco'd the rim and the K-member and A-arms are still intact [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

What more do you want? Please if you don’t have nice things then say nothing - or if you have a first hand issue state your case. To say you have tons of friends with issues - Don't we all? I wish I had a better looking wife and a fancier looking car. May as well get a better house.

If my wife reads this, my girl friend and I will be living in the stang, at least I know the front end will be in great shape [patriot]

[ January 30, 2012, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: TTNITEMARE ]

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some interesting articles on Granatelli products:

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25368

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/1338152-you-can-lock-granatelli-thread-but.html

http://vtecf.tw/mustang/gms-v-mm-k-member/

[Eek!]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/1338152-you-can-lock-granatelli-thread-but.html

[Eek!]

Made me not to get that kit I think I'll get the upr kit instead although I would like the mm kit it's to pricey

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Dubbz
¯
Member # 11662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubbz  Ford pictures for Dubbz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good to know TPS does good work. I didn't realize it but I live 5 minutes from their shop and stopped by to talk to them the other day. I don't remember the guy I talked to but he was sitting at the counter. Seemed like a really cool and straight-forward guy. While I would love to do everything to my car on my own I know there are things I can't do because I don't have the room to work and in some cases the knowledge. Plus its my daily driver so I can't afford for it to be down for to long.
TTNITEMARE
Member # 11529

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:

[Eek!]

Really 2005 - you had to go back to 2005 on your 1st one

2nd one - The customer in question basically admits he is so unmechanical that he used the wrong bolts and spacers and Granatelli sent him the right ones. That thread is muddy because of all the bashers. If you read the first and 2nd to last it says he is not happy and then end with Granatelli "chris to be exact" made good on everything

3rd thread is clearly a MM guy that in fact did noting but to help Granatelli. While he takes a negative tone he basically proves Granatelli has the same parts as Maximum for a 1/4 the cost. He also says his real issue was Art's Parts screwed him on A-arms but blamed JD's and Granatelli for not delivering. Therefore he purchased MM A-arms. And the fit the Granatelli parts as well.

The point....everything has a slant. I read most of all 3 threads and came away with Granatelli is an idiot for arguing with morons that don’t even have his products and the ones that do have them seem to always end the threads by saying GMS was solid and made good on Everything. That goes along way with me. Naturally I am biased as I have Granatelli parts on my Sang and they have never let me down. - Just like the guy that first posted here before more idiots showed up that also don’t have Granatelli stuff and muddied up the thread

--------------------

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All right guys lets kill this post. If you have any complaints with Granatelli I will give you the address to a six year old boy in china.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
All right guys lets kill this post. If you have any complaints with Granatelli I will give you the address to a six year old boy in china.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow gms should stand for gay male service, what a bunch of forum fags, lol. Thanks again mods!!!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If granatelli gave a shit about their quality they should invest time and money making their shit better instead of trolling forums to sell their shit with bogus opinions. That's downright fraudulent and evil. Fuck off now gms [Embarrassed]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
If granatelli gave a shit about their quality they should invest time and money making their shit better instead of trolling forums to sell their shit with bogus opinions. That's downright fraudulent and evil. Fuck off now gms [Embarrassed]

lmaoooo d&d ftw

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
team z IS THE BEST KIT OUT FOR PRICE AND QUALITY
408LIGHTNING
¯
Member # 7447

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408LIGHTNING  Ford pictures for 408LIGHTNING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92LxHatch:
team z IS THE BEST KIT OUT FOR PRICE AND QUALITY

+1

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**
1988 lx hatch
2000 ford lightning
2007 sonic blue ZR1

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com