Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Extremely disappointed :( *Video* (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Extremely disappointed :( *Video*
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
I did not tune this car.
It was tuned on my dyno by another carb tuner.

Don't worry AED had nothing to do with what happened or the guy that tuned it.
Hopefully it'll be on your dyno again with the same guy tuning it when its back together.

[ December 11, 2011, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Did you miss a shift or was the clutch slipping?

No i made all my shifts and the clutch didn't slip.
I really won't know what happened until i take the pan off and look.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
I did not tune this car.

Hopefully it'll be on your dyno again with the same guy tuning it when its back together.

My question was how much time passed by out of curiousity

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
quote:
I did not tune this car.

My question was how much time passed by out of curiousity
Its been a while.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats tough man, well take this time around to be very meticulous about the build. Not saying you weren't the first time but you can't be too careful. [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

IDK it sounded like some major clutch slip on the big end. That could be the major issue with the MPH.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:
quote:

IDK it sounded like some major clutch slip on the big end. That could be the major issue with the MPH.
I think you were hearing he next car in line getting ready to go, not his car. Seriously, it sucks to hear this news Dana. Many of us have been along on the restoration ride for that car and we know the work that has gone into it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:
quote:

I think you were hearing he next car in line getting ready to go, not his car. Seriously, it sucks to hear this news Dana. Many of us have been along on the restoration ride for that car and we know the work that has gone into it.
Sucks big time, not look forward to pulling it apart after its only been together for a year or so.

Yeah there is another car near the end of the video doing a burnout next to my dad and john who are filming.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there still no oil pressure and still knocking even after the oil level went back to where it should???

i remember back when my brother did H/I/C on his 5.0 he went out for a quick drive and half way through it the engine started knocking, by the time we got to the house it sounded ugly. Anyways turned out the oil filter had fallen out and the car had no oil. We thought the engine was toast but he put a new filter and new oil in it and it ran fine, no knocking. Im sure a couple years wear on the bearings happened though but apparently not catastrophic.

maybe your oil pickup tube dislodged?? perhaps fixing something like that is all you need?? just some suggestions, hope it isnt completely dead? [Frown]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I haven't started it since the track, I was going to just to see what pressure I would have. Maybe I will do that tonight.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know how it is on the small blocks but on the big block (385 series) there's a small chamfered/rounded-edged plug that goues in front off the engine. If that some how comes off, it results in zero oil pressure. If you put in a regular plug it also results in zero pressure. Im pretty sure thats not the problem on yours but maybe an oil gallery plug just happened to back out and thats how you lost pressure? still COULD be catastrophic but theres a chance the engine/bearings will be fine once pressure is reacquired......im just throwing shit out there, but the fact that you said you didnt see any oil level on the dipstick after the run and zero or extremely low oil pressure MIGHT mean that youre just having oil drainback issues. Ive never actually SEEN it but ive heard of some engines that have had issues like that and pretty much holding all the oil in the valve area/valve covers and taking a long time for the oil to come back down.

i guess the first thing i would do is to start the car and see what happens and check for oil pressure....its a mechanical gauge correct?? let us know what you find!

[ December 12, 2011, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
i dont know how it is on the small blocks but on the big block (385 series) there's a small chamfered/rounded-edged plug that goues in front off the engine. If that some how comes off, it results in zero oil pressure. If you put in a regular plug it also results in zero pressure. Im pretty sure thats not the problem on yours but maybe an oil gallery plug just happened to back out and thats how you lost pressure? still COULD be catastrophic but theres a chance the engine/bearings will be fine once pressure is reacquired......im just throwing shit out there, but the fact that you said you didnt see any oil level on the dipstick after the run and zero or extremely low oil pressure MIGHT mean that youre just having oil drainback issues. Ive never actually SEEN it but ive heard of some engines that have had issues like that and pretty much holding all the oil in the valve area/valve covers and taking a long time for the oil to come back down.

i guess the first thing i would do is to start the car and see what happens and check for oil pressure....its a mechanical gauge correct?? let us know what you find!

I dont have too much experience with the 385 series or the FEs myself as well, but I have seen and read something to this affect.

I did help my neighbor with his 385 series (466) build and some of the galley plugs were not flush and are specific which is pretty common on all motors.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I remember and now found in black and white from when I helped my neighbor with his build there were quite a few oiling mods we did:

The biggest mistake that can be made building a 460 is one few people know about. Here's where working with an experienced pro really pays off. The 460 has four oil galley plugs; two in front and two in the rear of the block.

Read more: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/ford/bigblock/0108phrbbford/index.html#ixzz1gLaSxOsH

These factory plugs are tapered to allow oil flow around the tapered portion of the plug. Should a straight, non-tapered plug be installed in these galleys, oil flow would be greatly impeded or stopped completely.

Read more: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/ford/bigblock/0108phrbbford/index.html#ixzz1gLaaLsTs

When disassembling a 460, keep the factory tapered plugs safe. They are hard to find, difficult to duplicate, and absolutely essential to prevent oil starvation.

Read more: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/ford/bigblock/0108phrbbford/index.html#ixzz1gLadlmKz

More oil system volume mods continue after the filter has done its job. The passage carrying lubricant into the oil galleys needs a bit more diameter too.

Read more: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/ford/bigblock/0108phrbbford/index.html#ixzz1gLaguUb9

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great post Dan. Lots of useful info there.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I'll have to check my oil plugs for sure once I get the motor out.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com