Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Extremely disappointed :( *Video* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Extremely disappointed :( *Video*
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tough to hear bud. Hope you get her back running soon [patriot]
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jus seen this sucks bro sorry to hear same happened here don't even want to look either

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were you guys hot lapping?

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO WORRIES BROTHA,fix it and goodluck next time,shit happens

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck bummer man! Take a lil break then tare the motor down! Goodluck!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Frown]

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear, I know how you feel, I made 491rwhp and only ran 12s, clutch and turbo lag was killing me

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001976

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Well took the Fastback to the track today for the first time ever and i was doing good getting used to the car. Babying the hell out of it to see how she'd handle.
1st run: 15.09@82mph
2nd: 14.10@111mph
3rd: 13.86@112mph
4th: 13.24@113
5th: 12.97@111
6th: spun a bearing or bent a rod [Frown] AND the track didn't even record my time which i am sure was better than 12.97 [Frown]
Next thing i will be doing is pulling the motor, hardly any oil pressure and a knocking from the motor.

All my runs were with 21psi in my NItto drag radials with no burnouts and launching kinda like i was coming out of a stop light.

ohhh noooo [Frown] sorry to hear about that. hopefully its not something tooooo bad.
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks man. Sorry to hear.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana, sorry to hear about this!

Don't let it discourage you though. Get the thing fixed and get back out there.

And I agree with the statement above, a Coyote swap and a stock hood would be pretty sweet! [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am gonna pull the motor and do some more upgrades, port and polish the heads and intake to match better, run the oil lines on the top of the block to the back for better oiling. Degree the cam. Maybe a bigger oil pan, maybe do a hydrolic throw out bearing instead of the hydrolic arm clutch

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There hasent been a time I left the track and said shit I need this now. Sorry to hear about the motor, track will show all ur hidden problems.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana , was it a crate motor you baught assembled ? or did you choose ur own parts heads,cam,carb ect... ? and another important thing , what suspension is under that thing?

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
Dana , was it a crate motor you baught assembled ? or did you choose ur own parts heads,cam,carb ect... ? and another important thing , what suspension is under that thing?

Just the short block was built, we put all the other parts on.
It's got qa1 coilovers in the front and martz coilovers in the rear. It was pretty solid going down the track, from the videos I have when I got on it the car didn't seem to lift in the front.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear Dana. Post the videos up! [Big Grin]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by J24I:
Sorry to hear Dana. Post the videos up! [Big Grin]

I think on john91coupes camera there are better videos when i started being more aggressive. My videos are weak, car sounds super loud but by the time i jump on it the camera hardly sees me. I need to convert the videos to post and my program isn't erroring on me.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who built the shortblock and tuned it?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by g-ride14:
Who built the shortblock and tuned it?

Not going to name names, i know the tune is fine, not sure on the engine build but i'll know when i got the motor apart and see the tolerances on the bearings. Doesn't really matter though i am not going to contact the engine builders. Just gonna find a local shop and have it done.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

http://youtu.be/Izgd4cYoG5Q

The only video i have that i don't mind showing. Just wish the car doing the burn out had waited longer to hear my car all the way down the track.

[ December 11, 2011, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to hear that. good luck on the tear down.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry about the motor, looks like you had a lot of $$$ and time in it. At least you caught it before it did a lot more damage. The rainy season will be starting anytime now too so you have plenty of time to get it fixed up. Going to the track will def make an unknown small issue a big one really fast. I'm sure we've all broken quite a few things racing. Well, at least I know I have!! Just don't let the car sit for a year like I did.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AED got over 500 tuned out of it right? How much time passed from the tune to the track? Your MPH is SCARY low and that has VERY little to do with your 60 foots etc. Any clues Dana?

Your car is nicer than 99% of the cars out there Dana, take your time and come back stronger. I'd rather than your car in my garage with NO motor than I would my own 93......

[ December 11, 2011, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
AED got over 500 tuned out of it right? How much time passed from the tune to the track? Your MPH is SCARY low and that has VERY little to do with your 60 foots etc. Any clues Dana?

Your car is nicer than 99% of the cars out there Dana, take your time and come back stronger. I'd rather than your car in my garage with NO motor than I would my own 93......

I have an idea but it wasn't the tune. Only clue i have was i couldn't find the oil line on my dip stick after i shut it off. 5 minutes later my dip stick showed i had perfect oil level.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did not tune this car.
It was tuned on my dyno by another carb tuner.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you miss a shift or was the clutch slipping?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com