Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Extremely disappointed :( *Video* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Extremely disappointed :( *Video*
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well took the Fastback to the track today for the first time ever and i was doing good getting used to the car. Babying the hell out of it to see how she'd handle.
1st run: 15.09@82mph
2nd: 14.10@111mph
3rd: 13.86@112mph
4th: 13.24@113
5th: 12.97@111
6th: spun a bearing or bent a rod [Frown] AND the track didn't even record my time which i am sure was better than 12.97 [Frown]
Next thing i will be doing is pulling the motor, hardly any oil pressure and a knocking from the motor.

All my runs were with 21psi in my NItto drag radials with no burnouts and launching kinda like i was coming out of a stop light.

[ December 11, 2011, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ONE2MANY510
¯
Member # 11476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ONE2MANY510  Ford pictures for ONE2MANY510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Well took the Fastback to the track today for the first time ever and i was doing good getting used to the car. Babying the hell out of it to see how she'd handle.
6th: spun a bearing or bent a rod [Frown] AND the track didn't even record my time which i am sure was better than 12.97 [Frown]
Next thing i will be doing is pulling the motor, hardly any oil pressure and a knocking from the motor.
All my runs were with 21psi in my NItto drag radials with no burnouts and launching kinda like i was coming out of a stop light.

damn thats weak sauce

--------------------
2001 mustang GT "stock"
---------------------------
Being GHETTO is enough to get you banned. Being GHETTO + making fake accounts = super ban. Illiterate thugs GTFO!

stock fox
¯
Member # 9211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stock fox  Ford pictures for stock fox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He you get her back on the road/track asap [Frown]

--------------------
🏁Sleeper notch under construction🏁
86 Notchback stang

Posts: 1849 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just watched the videos they suck.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damm bro sucks to hear, hopefully she makes a speedy recovery with your fastback. Sounds like she has a lot more fight in her, I'm sure with some more seat time you can see some very good numbers. Not bad for the first time, the digits were dropping fast. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by stock fox:
He you get her back on the road/track asap [Frown]

I think i am gonna park her for several months before i pull the motor. [Frown] Definitely not looking forward to doing all that.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn bro.. Sorry to hear that

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn noooooooo why did it do that.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im extremely disapointed also!! Thats a sad day man!! I could not imagine all that time and effort and to have that happen i cant even imagine!! Hope you get all the bugs worked out and get that bitch back on the road!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BUD!!

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks to hear Dana. I stopped by, but you looked busy and not to happy.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope you get it all worked out man.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that sucks! What could have caused that?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah the track is waaaaay different than the streets bro. Took me 2 or 3 trip to the track to start getting the hang of it.

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Not sure why it happened, just noticed when i was coming off the track i had almost no oil pressure. Ran and sounded fine, some guys pointed out the knocking noise when i started it up after letting it cool off. i was thinking the oil was just really hot and not showing pressure. It had more pressure when i let it cool down a bit but if its knocking there is something wrong.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so when you selling it?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fucking A!!!! [Mad] I know how that feels [Frown] having a fresh build loose oil pressure N take a dump on u. Hope its just the bearings n everything else is fine TTT keep us updated

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

something was proably wrong with the car before you even took it to the track. to only trap 113 is pretty bad. i trapped higher then that with a lil over 370rwhp. you have over 500rwhp right? either way man i hope you get the car back together and running correctly

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WAY more in it and now when you come out it'll be even meaner! Atleast you made it to the track many don't get that far!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn. There was clearly something wrong with the car before you even got to the track. The trap speeds just don't reflect the power your car made.

What were your 60 foots?

[ December 10, 2011, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dana, don't let that get you down too much.
First trip to the track, even if nothing breaks, is usually a humbling experience.
Those that have never broke anything at the track are either not making any power, not having any fun, or just plain lucky..imo.
Good luck forward.

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear that...next time, make sure if you hear anything or see low oil pressure, just be safe and shut it down...but hope you get it back soon...hit up Turbo50 for the new build..it'll be stronger and more reliable than ever...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh wow!
Sorry to hear this Dana. I saw your 12.9 run, sounded like you were taking it easy on launch and gear changes. I had no idea you ran into mechanical issues later on.

Time for a Coyote swap? [Wink]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that sucks bro, sorry to hear about that. Where was the motor from? I thought it made over 500 to the wheels and like 600 ftlb .. Should run good when you find out the issue, that car can't weight that much.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
500WHP And trapping 112? That's what, 360 whp trap?

Sounds like tune issue. If it was leaning out, that would explain the heated oil.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Catfish:
500WHP And trapping 112? That's what, 360 whp trap?

Sounds like tune issue. If it was leaning out, that would explain the heated oil.

For it to go that lean the car wouldnt of ran as good as it did,
like i said man that sucks but you will fix it

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com