Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ANOTHER PIT BULL ATTACK IN PACIFICA. DOG KILLED PREGNANT WOMAN (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: ANOTHER PIT BULL ATTACK IN PACIFICA. DOG KILLED PREGNANT WOMAN
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everyone has there own opinion sad that a women and her child had to die....im gonna keep my opinion to myself and i jus gonna say everything is capable of killing in the right situation nobody knows what happen

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If my family member was mauled by my pit i would shoot buster myself or stab him in the carotid.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Hele On
¯
Member # 4107

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hele On  Ford pictures for Hele On    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
I love this arguement...So polarizing. Lets look at the facts and let them speak for themselves. Pitbulls were originally raised as working dogs for use in killing or subduing prey for human consumption. These targets include anything which shows its back to the sun and would taste good between two slices of bread. These targets are large and do not want to die and thus the dog bust be equal to the task. Example of this...When put against a Wild Boar the Pit Bull has a 30% chance of making it home in one piece. Better bring the bad ass and breed it... You get the idea. Your trusty Lab or Shepard is completely useless for this task. Humans bred this dog into existance for that purpose. It was never intended to be a pet, rather a tool. A killing weapon. Basically it is a shotgun on four legs. Is it any wonder they do what they were bred to do? Attack, Lock on, do not let go. If it does not do this as the hunting appliance it was intended for it does not come home alive, period. Have I owned a Pit? Yup. Dumbest, most stubborn, most loving, most protective living thing ever birthed. I'll never have another though. Too much poor/questionable breeding. A shotgun with a hair trigger.

One of the best arguments so far! A Pit, or Rott, or any dog for that matter has been bred as a "tool" will always have the potential to cause severe damage and even cause death. I've owned 3 Rottweilers over the years. My brother recently brought a Rottie into his household and I asked him if he was willing to shoot/kill it should it attack a family member. He was dumfounded to say the least and had no clue as to where I was leading him with the question. It's as simple as this: A Pit Bull has the potential, and tools to kill. However, unlike a gun or a car, the Pit Bull comes with it's own mind, will, personality, perception, etc., and will decide on its own, or through manipulation, if it's going to use it's tools on someone or something. And no matter how loving, loyal, blah blah blah it is, it still holds the potential to kill, just like a revolver in Russian Roulette. Owning a dog of this nature is like pulling the trigger... you really don't know what's in the chamber. I'm all for owning whatever it is that you want, but you better be willing to own up to the consequences, should they arise.

[ August 16, 2011, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Hele On ]

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder if this guy ever swore up and down the street his pits would never hurt anyone because he trained them right
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
Might as well blame the Chrysler sebring for sideswiping u rather than the drunk guy driving it, based on ur logic.

u sir, are a poodle.

Your comparison comparing a driver/car to a owner/pitbull is one of the dumbest I've ever heard lol. You sir, are an IDIOT [Wink]
My Pitbull can smell ur vagina from here...

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone has valid points on both sides but at the same time your taking just as much risk driving your mustang 100 mph . Life is full of risks everyone will choose their own.
Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^^ WELL SAID

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If every pitbull is bad then every fox body owner is a scum bad from the yay area whippin donuts in their fifty?? same stupid shit! Ignorance is ignorance. No place or room for it!

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
curiosity had me google this subject, found this insteresting. Most say pitbull owners are to blame, but the numbers dont add up. these are copy and pasted off dogbites.org. dont shoot the messenger...

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006
to December 2008
A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.
Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

Many U.S. courts have declared pit bulls as "lethal weapons." Police officers have the right to shoot and kill pit bulls when under threat or when protecting citizens. Examples of police officers shooting dangerous pit bulls are so common that DogsBite.org began tracking these instances in 2008. In a recent 11-year report released by the New York Police Department, the data showed that when dangerous dogs are shot 72% were pit bulls followed by rottweilers with 10%.7
The inability for the average person, much less a child or senior citizen, to stop an attacking pit bull may be the single most powerful reason why pit bulls must be regulated. A 2009 incident shows that Chicago police officers were forced to shoot an aggressive pit bull 10 times to stop the dog's assault. Prior to being shot to death, the dog attacked a pregnant woman, hospitalizing her.8 This incident clearly illustrates the undeniable public safety threat that pit bulls present.

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
If every pitbull is bad then every fox body owner is a scum bad from the yay area whippin donuts in their fifty?? same stupid shit! Ignorance is ignorance. No place or room for it!

Here is the difference between a car and a dog. My car will only do what I make it do,it won't escape from my garage and run someone down. The dog on the other hand has his own mind,yeah you might have your dog under control when you are present but who controls your dog when he runs out and you are not around...

Its real simple, everyone has biased opinions. From the couple who was hit by a drunk teen driving a mustang, who know thinks every mustang owner is a threat on the road. To the old lady who was mugged by some minority teens,who freaks out when she sees minority teens. Dogs are the same situation. We frequently see in the news how pitbulls are involved in attacks,your brain sets off your spider senses when you see a pit if you are not use to being around them.

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:
Originally posted by r1:

Here is the difference between a car and a dog. My car will only do what I make it do,it won't escape from my garage and run someone down. The dog on the other hand has his own mind,yeah you might have your dog under control when you are present but who controls your dog when he runs out and you are not around...

Its real simple, everyone has biased opinions. From the couple who was hit by a drunk teen driving a mustang, who know thinks every mustang owner is a threat on the road. To the old lady who was mugged by some minority teens,who freaks out when she sees minority teens. Dogs are the same situation. We frequently see in the news how pitbulls are involved in attacks,your brain sets off your spider senses when you see a pit if you are not use to being around them.

Some great points here

I learned something this weekend, thought people reading this thread might find interesting: 95% of dog attacks are un-neutered males, while the other 5% are comprised of neutered males, and both spayed/unaltered females.

Seems fairly straight-forward to me - if you are gonna take the responsibility/liability of owning a 'dangerous' breed, why not just lower your risk SIGNIFICANTLY by having the dog neutered?

Any pit bull owners willing to answer this?

Phil

[ August 16, 2011, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: phil a ]

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com