Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 68 cut and buffed... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 68 cut and buffed...
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
Its goin... not too many dings just mostly block sanding. It took me hella long to get my door shuting nice again, but its still not perfect. [Frown]

your block sanding? please direct me in the path of your suplies. o and i have a 70 fender all original no rust and interior peices to. both arm rest both door panels and the guage cluster im selling lmk and beautiful car bro

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:
Its goin... not too many dings just mostly block sanding. It took me hella long to get my door shuting nice again, but its still not perfect. [Frown]

your block sanding? please direct me in the path of your suplies. o and i have a 70 fender all original no rust and interior peices to. both arm rest both door panels and the guage cluster im selling lmk and beautiful car bro

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

i think you missed a spot [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Must of been hard to make that first pass with the sanding block. I've almost done it to mine before. Hand started shaking, started to sweat. Just couldn't do it! lol
92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick car, cant wait to see the finished job.

Keep it up! [patriot]

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i let the wife make the first sanding pass lol.. now it's all about GET IT DONE... ive been putting about 4 to 5 hours a day on it..

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too bad you weren't doing this couple years ago. My dad had a NOS fender still in the box from 67. Can't go wring with one of those! So are you going metallic red, candy red?
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stuck between these 2 colors...

-

-

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the lighter red looks better in my opinion
Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

The lighter red will be more forgiving. You going white stripes still? Silver would look good with that darker red.
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see that ur really set on striping it again. I like the color combo but IMHO don't stripe the valences. Stop them on the hood and the deck lid, round them off so they don't look like infinity, and please don't do the roof. Jmho, I know u didn't ask for it and I'm sure u don't give a shit what anyone thinks, but I think that it would b more of a stand out paint job that way.

Shuda painted the Coug red too [Wink]

Edit: arrrgh! Fkin auto correct drives me crazy!!!

[ July 14, 2011, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
stuck between these 2 colors...

-

-

Dark red, just my opinion.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
I see that ur really set on striping it again. I like the color combo but IMHO don't stripe the valences. Stop them on the hood and the deck lid, round them off so they don't look like infinity, and please don't do the roof. Jmho, I know u didn't ask for it and I'm sure u don't give a shit what anyone thinks, but I think that it would b more of a stand out paint job that way.

Sounds like your telling him to put some chevy stripes on his Ford. Shame on you!! lol
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:

Sounds like your telling him to put some chevy stripes on his Ford. Shame on you!! lol
Maybe even follow the lines that taper outward on the hood cowl... Lol
[Eek!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

- so this is gonna be the color

[ August 07, 2011, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

- almost ready for first coat of primer

--------------------

tangerine67
¯
Member # 8071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tangerine67  Ford pictures for tangerine67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im very excited for you, i have been following ur posts with ur stang and coug ... and like both very much. glad to see u can do ur own body and paint, something that i too have been learning. i have a 67 that is just about done, and will introduce it to the board soon. seems like ur one of the olders in the crowd ... (like me ...almost 40) and have a great appreciation for the older rides. cant wait to see it done, as i thought it lookd tight as it was .... new paint is always refreshing on the eyes. [patriot]

--------------------
Built Ford Tough

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by tangerine67:
im very excited for you, i have been following ur posts with ur stang and coug ... and like both very much. glad to see u can do ur own body and paint, something that i too have been learning. i have a 67 that is just about done, and will introduce it to the board soon. seems like ur one of the olders in the crowd ... (like me ...almost 40) and have a great appreciation for the older rides. cant wait to see it done, as i thought it lookd tight as it was .... new paint is always refreshing on the eyes. [patriot]

naw..still a young buck..lol.. big 28

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

-

a few days of sanding and were ready for first coat of primer... [Smile]

--------------------

stock fox
¯
Member # 9211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stock fox  Ford pictures for stock fox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice, cant wait to see it all finished [patriot]

--------------------
🏁Sleeper notch under construction🏁
86 Notchback stang

Posts: 1849 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2009  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

- just about done... gotta sand in a few small spots.. next pic will have primer.. [Smile]

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Having fun yet??? lol That tail panel looks like a PITA to block out. Keep up the good work!
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Having fun yet??? lol That tail panel looks like a PITA to block out. Keep up the good work!
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

-  -  -  -  - well all ready for wet sandin then paint

--------------------

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bout time man!thought you would never get primer on it.So mine is next right?
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com