Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » H/C/I 1/4 Mile times in foxes. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: H/C/I 1/4 Mile times in foxes.
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It comes down to how well the H/C/I is setup. Does the bottom end have good compression etc. Then u definitely need decent suspension mods, plus all bolt-ons.

My brothers 93 LX with H/C/I ran a 12.09@112 with a 1.6 60ft. I've been trying to get him to change out the E-Cam he has in there and throw on some longtubes. I guarantee he will go 11.90's with those additions.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Just remove a few lbs and he's in the 11s but I agree with you Matt change to longtubes and cam

[ April 29, 2011, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my old coupe the "v-town coupe" went 12.55 but it had a "z" cam, big heads,big injectors,good intake and tb,better ignition,3:73,longtubes,chassis work list goes on,etc.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Hell I ran 13.2 on a stock long block with 1.7 rr and a b cam cobra intake 65 mm tb and stock maf with with shortys and a stock catted h pipe with 4:10s with all the weight so high 11s is not that hard with the right HCI and right suspension under it then I you take out a little weight your right there. My buddy had a 12 sec hatch removed almost a 1000 pounds and gutting and removing every thing and ran 9s with a 327 HCI you just got to use some old racer tricks [Wink]

f.y.i... if you have a b cam it's not a stock long block.. but it is a stock short block.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Hell I ran 13.2 on a stock long block with 1.7 rr and a b cam cobra intake 65 mm tb and stock maf with with shortys and a stock catted h pipe with 4:10s with all the weight so high 11s is not that hard with the right HCI and right suspension under it then I you take out a little weight your right there. My buddy had a 12 sec hatch removed almost a 1000 pounds and gutting and removing every thing and ran 9s with a 327 HCI you just got to use some old racer tricks [Wink]

f.y.i... if you have a b cam it's not a stock long block.. but it is a stock short block.. [Big Grin]
Ok you got me there but I also had a spun main barring

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HCI cars are easily low 12 second cars the problem is that most people either up their game with some nitrous or boost or wrap the damn thing before they waste time with just HCI.........

Its not rocket science.

Cstang50s car is just re ring and bearing with b cam, performers and his car may be lighter but its not "gutted" and he is pushin 350 himself....

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Back in 03 the wife's 91GT was one of the heavier Foxes to run 11's on the stock shortblock. 3400lbs raceweight
The only weight removed was the spare tire, smog pump, and front sway bar.

Edelbrock 6037's (milled, exhaust ported, and quality valvetrain)
Edelbrock RPM intake, 70MM TB
Comp Cams 286HR (retarded)
Stock 120K mile shortblock w/Notched pistons
Ported shorty headers
Off-road H pipe
3.73's

1.70 60ft
11.99 @114.5mph

Fasterdamnit weighed in around 3300-3350lbs in his LX.
Stock shortblock
Fully ported TFS heads (something just north of 300cfm)
One of my custom cams
Longtubes / off-road exhaust
Fully ported Typhoon intake
Electric fan
3.73's

11.90 @115mph

There were a few other 11 second N/A stock shortblock foxes running at Sac Raceway at that time. Most of them just north of 300RWHP and 3000lbs.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my 4.10s h/c/i did 13.1 @108 on 18 saleens & street tires,full inter...

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I've seen mid12s to high 11s with mild head cam intake in a efi foxes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqyJIvvGJhk

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good info.

The 13.4 run I burned 2nd pretty hard but I powershifted all gears nicely. And that was with no pre run tire warming burnout.

I have TFS TW heads, TFS-R, and F-cam, 75mm TB ect. With 3.55 gears and no suspensionn other than H&R springs, MM Adjustable lower CA's and MM full length sub's.

The car runs hard but yes it was my first time out in 4 years in my full weight coupe + me at 270lbs with not bald but close to it BFG's GForce tires.

My 60ft times were consistent 2.2's when I got decent take off's. But like I said it's been a while and I was felling rusty. Also with RT's of .5XX I think that my drag driving can definitely improve.

I'm hoping to be back out there this coming Wednesday to practice again! If I do go I will post up my times again.

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need to get your 60ft down...when i ran my 12.5 my 60 was 1.72

[ April 30, 2011, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Cstang50 ]

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My old 86.stock short block,trick flow heads system max intake compucam 2031 and supporting bolt ons with a ton of suspension 3100 with driver and a tremec trans went 11.89 at 116 1.58 60ft on motor and 10.6s at 125 on a 125 wet shot 1.41 60ft.this was at sac years ago.car made 340whp all motor.I think with a shorter tire on motor it would have gone a tenth or two quiker.kinda bogged on a 28 inch tall tire

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnuat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by M&M Performance *BlownMach1*:

my h/c/i setup isnt the best to get so wouldnt doubt pple can run 12's with a fox with a better setup right??

Yes Scott did run that.. That's about average from the normal bolt on h/c/I.. Fox with a little less weight and 12s are there..

And Daniel... Lol u are talking about Bobby hall... Let's just say that car is a lot more than just bolt ons and has a LOT of money in it.. Also that car don't have a 327 no more! Me and him been friends since the 5th grade.. I worked on a few of his stangs, he had a Gt hatch back in the day that ran high12s with a completely stock motor.. Intake to pan! Lot less weight n lots of suspension!!!!!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
McCleskeys old car thats now mine was the first to run in the 11.90s with H/C/I stock shortblock notched pistons,TFS stage one cam,TFS TW heads and TFS intake only other mods was longtubes, 3.73 gears,MT streets and a airbag in the right rear.It ran 12.04 double clutching shift to third gear the next pass it ran 11.93.The coupe was 2950lbs with a 250lb driver.Here is a old video of the 12.04 run.
http://www.californiafords.com/album/VIDEOS/08_03_02/jon_vs_ls1.mpg

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
60ft is key

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5LTR SVT:
60ft is key

true dat but thats y i like lookin at the trap speed...id rather have my stang run sub par 13s at 115 than mid 12's at 106

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

true dat but thats y i like lookin at the trap speed...id rather have my stang run sub par 13s at 115 than mid 12's at 106
whats the point of having that trap speed if u runnin 13's? just means u have more horsepower imo

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

Jebus

[ May 01, 2011, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

whats the point of having that trap speed if u runnin 13's? just means u have more horsepower imo
It also means your driving sucks or your tires suck or both.Ill take the 12's with the low trap speed.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

It also means your driving sucks or your tires suck or both.Ill take the 12's with the low trap speed.
[dance]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by M&M Performance *BlownMach1*:
Never in my life seen a legit 11 second timeslip off h/c/I 302 setup.. Imma need a timeslip to prove that.. I ran 12.2 with seans coupe with only h/c/I but 331bottom end, imported 170cc heads and 24lb injectors only!

Here's one that went mid 10s
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2SCvFZuC8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Daniel/50Reasons

i wana know what h/c/i this sob is runnin!

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

yeah but it also means you have more potential...whatever your car is lacking in the 60ft, driver or whatever.

havent got mine to the track yet but when i do, i hope i get around a 110 trap speed. im not a very experience driver so im not really gonna expect much in the et...and i have no slicks either. but it would be nice to know with some practice, slicks or suspension that theres a 12 second run in her.

--------------------

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

just a matter of practice or tires but i ahvent got mine to the track yet either...i only said that cuz eventually, the 115 stang is really the faster car at the end of the day

[ May 02, 2011, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: a302juGRnuat ]

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

i only said that cuz eventually, the 115 stang is really the faster car at the end
umm not really, cuz by the time that low 13 car with a higher trap speed hits the 1/4 mi.....that 12 sec car with the low trap speed will be done already lol

im assuming u never been to the track??

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
60ft is key

i only said that cuz eventually, the 115 stang is really the faster car at the end
umm not really, cuz by the time that low 13 car with a higher trap speed hits the 1/4 mi.....that 12 sec car with the low trap speed will be done already lol

im assuming u never been to the track??

lol thats not what i meant...i meant "at the end of the day"

and yeah i dont have experience...ive only been to the track once

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com