Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » update car possibly for sale. F egpd (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: update car possibly for sale. F egpd
03RedfireSVT
¯
Member # 10069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03RedfireSVT  Ford pictures for 03RedfireSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow...dude I never ever drive through EG, they don't have anything better to do. Cops over here in South Sac have to deal with real problems like shootings and stuff so they care less, good ole South Sac, falling asleep to the sound of helicopters is relaxing. LOL! I even had one cop tell me he was young once and he misses the Mustang scene. I'm sorry for the trouble ur goin through man. That cops just trippin out a 25yr old has a one bad 67.
Posts: 205 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:

3. You have to have a rearview mirror to be legal.

You need atleast 2/3 mirrors whether its the two side mirrors N no mirror inside or mirror inside N one side mirror

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Happy bday bro

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Its this one fucking bike cop nussin. Harrass everybody with modified anything. Smog my fucking car? Car is to extreme? There's factory cars with double my hp. No not for 30 days just until I show proof of reg. He gave me a ticket for all the other stuff. He even said he had a soft spot for old cars???? Wtf? Now he's gonna pull me over every time....

sorry to here you got pulled over but your going have to get your car reffed if want to keep that combo an drive on the street
Where do you get your info from?
Who me dana it has always been that way you guys need to go look up the laws.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trunk aka, headgasketblowinglyingbitch, is like one of those kids in 4th grade. he told one joke that made people laugh, then for the next year he kept telling the SAME joke, and over time people began [Roll Eyes] instead

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go rent a new 5.0 or something, why you ask? Because your 25 and can now [Razz]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Its this one fucking bike cop nussin. Harrass everybody with modified anything. Smog my fucking car? Car is to extreme? There's factory cars with double my hp. No not for 30 days just until I show proof of reg. He gave me a ticket for all the other stuff. He even said he had a soft spot for old cars???? Wtf? Now he's gonna pull me over every time....

sorry to here you got pulled over but your going have to get your car reffed if want to keep that combo an drive on the street
That law is for vehicles 75 and newer. He has a 67

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That cop is an idiot, since you have a 03 Cobra motor in your car you should have the 16 pin OBD-II port. Tell them to smog it as a 03-04 Cobra, you won't get the sniffer and as long as you don't have a CEL then there shouldn't be a problem. How are they going to enter a 1967 Mustang into their equipment when they didn't even come with emissions from the factory?

Just casue HE says that doesn't mean it's going to happen, let him keep pulling you over. Then get his ass fired for harassment.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Those cars fall under. The bi annual smog 66 to 75 don’t have to be smog bi annual but you have to keep all the oe equipment an at anytime the state can send you to the ref to get it smogged.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Those cars fall under. The bi annual smog 66 to 75 don’t have to be smog bi annual but you have to keep all the oe equipment an at anytime the state can send you to the ref to get it smogged.
Technically it has to have original equipment to be smog legal. But who's heard of a cop actually upholding this shit unless its some puny dick, prius driving fag that just wanted to pee on your birthday cake.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by 94droptopGT:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Technically it has to have original equipment to be smog legal. But who's heard of a cop actually upholding this shit unless its some puny dick, prius driving fag that just wanted to pee on your birthday cake.
These is been happen since 98 there is a guy who would go to car shows an give guys ref tickets all the time
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

"Cars older than 1975 are exempt from the california smog laws. Cars older than 1975 but newer than 1966 require smog to transfer ownership and registration to new person but not biannually. Cars older than 1966 never need to be smogged."

Doesn't say anything about the state sending your car to a ref if your driving it on the street.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

Does my vehicle qualify for a smog exemption?

Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is:

Hybrid
Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older
Diesel powered manufactured prior to 1998 or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs
Electric
Natural gas powered with a GVWR rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
Motorcycle
Trailer

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Hybrid
Diesel powered manufactured prior to 1998 or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs
Electric
Motorcycle
Trailer

straight from the DMV website baby- No Smog

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
quote:

Hybrid
Electric
Motorcycle
Trailer

No bi annual smog you still can get a ticket to go to the ref period end of statement you need to read how the exemption. Is written
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
quote:

Hybrid
Electric
Motorcycle
Trailer

No bi annual smog you still can get a ticket to go to the ref period end of statement you need to read how the exemption. Is written
Oh your just saying a cop can give you a ticket, yeah cause they normally don't know the laws. i wouldn't be surprised by that since this thread is about a cop doing such a thing. I guarantee if i took my Fastback or any of my dad's classic cars the ref would laugh at me and tell me to leave.

and just in case your talking about something else, please post a link to where it says what your talking about cause i have already read the law and it says nothing about what your talking about.

[ April 14, 2011, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So does this affect my car since I'm using a 302 which was available in 66' and using a blower that has a carb number stamped on it

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
So does this affect my car since I'm using a 302 which was available in 66' and using a blower that has a carb number stamped on it

Only if you try selling the car is what i got from the DMV. Nothing else unless the cop wants to be a dick.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres no way he can get reffed for his motor combo.... but he can get reffed for not having the basics , mirror, horn, ext..... and if it was an older male with welds and with ur wing looking like a drag car... bet they would just give you thumbs up but since your only 25 they like to mess with ya since SOME(im not saying all) of them oinkers could only wish to have what you got since there wifes carry there balls and wallets. [patriot]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
Theres no way he can get reffed for his motor combo.... but he can get reffed for not having the basics , mirror, horn, ext..... and if it was an older male with welds and with ur wing looking like a drag car... bet they would just give you thumbs up but since your only 25 they like to mess with ya since SOME(im not saying all) of them oinkers could only wish to have what you got since there wifes carry there balls and wallets. [patriot]

I think it has more to do with where you drive/live. I've punched it and come around a corner in my Fastback and had 2 CHP sitting there. They just looked at me and i bet i look younger than 408 even though i am 30. I've even had some cops not even look over when i cruise by.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This argument again? Really dude? We are smog exempt..

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been DDing ma 66 for like 5 years and have gotten pulled over before and have never had any problems with chp, and I do have a motor swap. Theyve never said anything about smog

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And the punches keep coming. Picked up my car from impound. Drove home got 800ft. From getting to my driveway and all 5 1/2" arp. Wheel studs snap wheel comes off mangles my qrt. Panel......... really.......really ......what the Fuck. So car is possibly up for sale.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
And the punches keep coming. Picked up my car from impound. Drove home got 800ft. From getting to my driveway and all 5 1/2" arp. Wheel studs snap wheel comes off mangles my qrt. Panel......... really.......really ......what the Fuck. So car is possibly up for sale.

fuck bro who's dog did you kill................

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish I knew. Cost me $400 to get the car out of impound now this. Car is gonna sit now for a while unless sombody buys it

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com