Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Tow companies suck balls!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tow companies suck balls!!!
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
I would for sure pay them all in pennies if its possble, when my car got stolen last month they made me pay 200 dollas to get my shit out eve thoughn I was the victim of my car being stolen....fuck the system haha.

That shit happend to me and my mom's some years back. The shit is fucked. Fuck them pay them ALL in pennies for sure. Go to the bank they will hook you up with all them pannies for sure. [patriot]
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had my shit towed from infront of my complex one time and they only had it for about an hour and i had to cash out $300 to get my shit back, its a shady business they set there own rates............

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best part about you paying them in pennies is that YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO COUNT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! They are paid to be there, whether counting your pennies or not so if I were behind that counter I'd definitely f up the count a few times to keep you there even longer.... Your call [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAV650HAB:
i had my shit towed from infront of my complex one time and they only had it for about an hour and i had to cash out $300 to get my shit back, its a shady business they set there own rates............

wrong the city you are in sets impound rates no the tow company
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so let ask again to the op how far are your tags my best guess since it got towed b/c your tags have been out since at least aug or july
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Best part about you paying them in pennies is that YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO COUNT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! They are paid to be there, whether counting your pennies or not so if I were behind that counter I'd definitely f up the count a few times to keep you there even longer.... Your call [Wink]

We have a winner. Why not just pay them and get over it. They didn't forget to register the car. They just did their job...

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
quote:
Originally posted by SAV650HAB:

wrong the city you are in sets impound rates no the tow company
is that how it goes, then im wrong. funny how the price changes when theres cash in there face, does the city opperate in that little deal to? they set there own rates.

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the tow rates are set by the police department of the said city. light duty rates then there are med and heavy duty rates. you think 300 or 400 is bad.

san mateo county constantly has stings set up to bust illegal tows. chuck finney is the DA in charge of it. he know who the crooked companies are and who are not. most all of the bad ones are gone now.

you want somthing to cry about try living in a complex tht has robellos as your tow company...... good luck

Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they were charging an unlock fee then why not just bring in your keys and unlock it yourself? Most likely that charge was exactly what most are saying, an after hours gate fee. If you go during normal business hours, there would be no charge. Also you would need to obtain a property release from the Sheriff, PD or whatever agency authorized the tow and ONLY if you are the registered owner.

And as far as the paying with pennies, it would be hilarious, however yes they can refuse to accept it.

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
If they were charging an unlock fee then why not just bring in your keys and unlock it yourself? Most likely that charge was exactly what most are saying, an after hours gate fee. If you go during normal business hours, there would be no charge. Also you would need to obtain a property release from the Sheriff, PD or whatever agency authorized the tow and ONLY if you are the registered owner.

And as far as the paying with pennies, it would be hilarious, however yes they can refuse to accept it.

Actually no they can't refuse it because it's legal tender it would be illeagal to refuse the pennies
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzc8vS-ac-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Daniel/50Reasons

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks! Imagine if you would have just paid the 80 bucks for regestration.
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats some bullshit bro

[ March 08, 2011, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Layzie650 ]

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i woulda just made the dude pay the hourly storage charge while i counted the pennies.. no issue with the op but i dont see what point they are making by paying with pennies?
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:
i woulda just made the dude pay the hourly storage charge while i counted the pennies.. no issue with the op but i dont see what point they are making by paying with pennies?

can't make someone pay hourly rate if they already paid for that whole day so you would have to just count them pennys

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha not if it took it past closing time [Smile] i just dont see why you would want to waste more of both of your time? but either way sucks to get your car towed!
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
I would for sure pay them all in pennies if its possble, when my car got stolen last month they made me pay 200 dollas to get my shit out eve thoughn I was the victim of my car being stolen....fuck the system haha.

Back when my family and I were living in Concord we got our Toyota stolen. A week later we got a call from the police. The car itself was recovered the same day, but it took them a week to give us a call. I remember my dad went Ape shit on them. Stupid tow companies,nothing but thieves.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:

Actually no they can't refuse it because it's legal tender it would be illeagal to refuse the pennies
Check out this video on YouTube:

Daniel/50Reasons

That is a youtube video, holds no legal merit, you can find isolated events via internet in any situation. Apple/Mac Corparation does not accept anything but Credit or Debit cards and they are a multi-billion dollar a year company.

Chances are someone that havent paid their past due registration costs and get their car smogged are not going to pursue any legal action from a tow company refusing to accept pennies in payment.

Dont get me wrong, Ive had cars impounded in the past. I do agree paying in pennies would be fukkin hilarious, I know how these tow companies operate and most of them are assholes hiding behind a 1" thick piece of plexi-glass with balls of steel. Take away the glass? Most likely the niceset people you would ever meet!

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If their doing work for government then yes they have to take it^^^^^^

Daniel/50Reasons

[ March 08, 2011, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
If their doing work for government then yes they have to take it^^^^^^

Daniel/50Reasons

youtube is not a lawyer.

If I was the cashier at the impound yard I would at best laugh at you and tell you to pound sand. Another option is I'd tell you if you really want to pay with pennies you can go to the bank and pay to have them rolled up into counted coin rolls and come back with those. Then I'd probably push the 'dipshit fee' button on the cash register to add on 2% to the bill.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a girl thought it would be funny to pay me in 1's i made her count out into my hand hand in $20 increments roughly 600.00. i said" musta been a good night at work!" and she drove away in her car even more pissed. go ahead and play games. id tell you my boss wont allow us to accept cash. so visa/master card or certified cashiers check from your bank. tow companies must accept ONLY 2 forms of payment cash doesnt have to be one. you aren't the first person to try and pay with pennies.
Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com