Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Tow companies suck balls!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tow companies suck balls!!!
87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87_Hatch  Ford pictures for 87_Hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Mad] damn so our car just got towed for not having tags from the street! yea i know my fault for not having the tags paid but we have been trying to pass smog and it just wont go..so we call the towing company and the want $400 just for half a day about and want $100 just to retrieve personal belongings( baby seat, money, wallets,etc) and if we leave the car there they are gonna charge us $4000 and send it to collections [Mad] WTF! This system is so flawed and they just wanna go take your money not caring what your situation is.....I just hope that karma comes and kills them all!! lol FUKC!!!!!

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

Posts: 316 | From: redwood city, CA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That fucking sucks man.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's bull shit man.

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude that's so fucking weak $100 just to get your shit. I'm a very calm person but I just might lose my shit if they tried to pull that one if all I wanted was my baby's seat

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87_Hatch  Ford pictures for 87_Hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^ yea i know thats some shit right there...i told the guy he was crazy if i was gonna pay him $100 just so he could unlock the car....I just wish i had a missle right now [Big Grin]

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Something doesn't sound right about that, I don't think they can charge you to get your belongings out of the car and they'll just lien the car so its not your problem. They can't charge you $4000 because you can't pick up your car, I'd actually call the local PD and tell them whats going on and see what they have to say about it. There are a LOT of crooked tow companies out there, many get busted for doing illegal shit like picking your car up when its parked legal and charging you just to set it back down. Research it and figure out who you can turn them into for this shit, get their asses shut down for extorting money from people.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the 100 bucks is the gate fee for after hours pick ups been that way for aleast 20 years
87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
the 100 bucks is the gate fee for after hours pick ups been that way for aleast 20 years

yea its more like the unlocking car fee

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87_Hatch:
quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:

yea its more like the unlocking car fee
trust me it fuck that they can charge that but they all do just go on monday an get your shit out an for them to tow your car the tags have to be six months out at least
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep i had to pay 400 dollars to get my Jeep out of impound after it got towed for tags 12 years ago. It only sat in the impound for an hour.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

so i just saw this video of someguy who got towed and paid $88 in pennies !!! hahahahha so im gonna pay $100 in pennies and the rest in dollar bills as my payback and fuck u to them..this means they will have to sit there and count 10,000 pennies and by law they cant decline pennies because it is legal tender covering a debt. what do u guys think???

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I paid $250 one time to get my truck out it was impounded for 7hrs... I was like WTF!! & to top it off they scratched my truck but they tried to deny it & didnt do anything...I had better things to do

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

im telling u these damn crooks...no bueno

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear about that

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

but thanks to all that showed that cafords support [patriot]

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
so i just saw this video of someguy who got towed and paid $88 in pennies !!! hahahahha so im gonna pay $100 in pennies and the rest in dollar bills as my payback and fuck u to them..this means they will have to sit there and count 10,000 pennies and by law they cant decline pennies because it is legal tender covering a debt. what do u guys think???

DO IT

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THROW LIKE 20 nickles in there to throw off the count

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
redwood city tow rates
235 for the tow.
117.50 for the after hours/ weekend gate fee.
65.00 per day for storage.

after 30 days of storage @65 your storage your at 1950
then you got a lein fee probably 70-100

so your at 2285 with out a gate fee.

go to dmv monday get your temp moving permit and get your car out.

Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that collectins shit is no joke they will hit u with it and deduct what they sold the car for my boy got hit that way thinking he would just say fuk the car

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

haha do it. But make it ALL pennies. It sends a message to the fuckers that its outrageous.
Did anyone see the college student that paid his tuition in all one dollar bills?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
that collectins shit is no joke they will hit u with it and deduct what they sold the car for my boy got hit that way thinking he would just say fuk the car

How can they make you pay for a service you never asked for? My boy had a car impounded never went back for it,car was auctioned and months later he received a collections notice. He called them and told them to stop sending him letters or he would take them to court. The lady told him he had to pay or they would report to the credit agencies,he told the lady to send him proof where he asked/authorized/signed for the tow and storage fees.never heard back from them again doesn't even show up on his credit report.

As far as the gate fee,most tow companies make money charging stupid fees. You might be able to negotiate getting your property if you surrender the title if you don't plan on getting it out

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well they reported my boy cause it was collections that called him but hey I never been in this situation jus tellin u what happen to my boy

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:

Haha yea that would fuck everything up, after 5000 pennies throw in some nickles haha that wud fuck me up fur shur like wtf is this [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:

Hahahahaha you sir are clever great fuckin idea!

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would for sure pay them all in pennies if its possble, when my car got stolen last month they made me pay 200 dollas to get my shit out eve thoughn I was the victim of my car being stolen....fuck the system haha.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com