Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » how scared should I be? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: how scared should I be?
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just run those gears out and don't let him get a jump on you, RPM is where you make the most power so use it all and you should get him. I ran a lot of cars in my 96 and it was quick. I get away first and like they say, the chase is the race.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Just run those gears out and don't let him get a jump on you, RPM is where you make the most power so use it all and you should get him. I ran a lot of cars in my 96 and it was quick. I get away first and like they say, the chase is the race.

gud advice bro, I know these DOHC rev real nice on those rpm's so yea ima have to use that to ma advantage. I want him chasing me haha

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

gud advice bro, I know these DOHC rev real nice on those rpm's so yea ima have to use that to ma advantage. I want him chasing me haha
I had a mostly stock motor, it was rebuilt with H beam rods and forged pistons but everything else was stock. I did have a cold air intake, long tubes, exhaust and 4.10's. I would run it right up to high 6 to low 7K. Take your car out and do a few runs with it, run out your gears till you find the RPM where it starts falling off and then you'll know exactly where to shift to keep in your power band.

--------------------

Abandon him.

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year SS? that late models had the LS6 intake....

If and only if you rev the fucker out and are cat like reflexes on your shifts it'll be neck n neck to 120. After that he'll float past you to 145. Lol and he'll get 26mpg all the way home in 6th gear.....

Jus sayin.... Lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:

If and only if you rev the fucker out and are cat like reflexes on your shifts it'll be neck n neck to 120. After that he'll float past you to 145. Lol and he'll get 26mpg all the way home in 6th gear.....

Jus sayin.... Lol

Remember our run on the freeway that one night, your built 95 against my almost stock 96. I know you shit when I was still on your quarter panel at the end of it! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Abandon him.

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought I paid you off to not speak of such events.... Lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you dont spin you'll get him out of the whole an stat in front for while but he will pull on you at the top end!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
I thought I paid you off to not speak of such events.... Lol

Oh sorry, I forgot.... [Big Grin] You need to bring the new toy by, I wanna check it out.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Jus sayin.... Lol

Haha yea I know bro, he gunna be savin all kinds of gas wit dat 6th gear while I'm getn like 16 wit ma 4.30's haha

[ January 15, 2011, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're a good driver, you can take him from a dig or a slow roll from 10-15mph. once you get pass 95-100pmh, he'll catch up quick to you. from a 50-60mph roll, he'll eat you up.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never underestimate LS-based motors. You're talking 310-325 stock pre-LS6 intake and maybe a 6th speed.

EDIT: If it's from a roll you're toast!

[ January 15, 2011, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: 88DroptopGT ]

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
if you're a good driver, you can take him from a dig or a slow roll from 10-15mph. once you get pass 95-100pmh, he'll catch up quick to you. from a 50-60mph roll, he'll eat you up.

Yea he wants to do a slow roll, prolly 15mph and I believe I got better tires than him so maybe I can pull on him early

How much low end do these LS motors got stock?

[ January 15, 2011, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the camaro driver has a pulse, your gonna lose! 97 cobras are slow! those "mods" are not gonna help much especially from a roll...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

90LXdiaz
¯
Member # 10265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LXdiaz  Ford pictures for 90LXdiaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bring a cameraman and record it!
Posts: 186 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your toast and like everyones saying record it
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u got the gears just shift the shit of your car, dont be scary it just a camaro.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depending on how bald your tires are with 4.30 gears you still could spin from a slow roll. But the gears is the only advantage you have. So your best chance is from a dig. I just hope you can hook. Good luck.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those gears ain"t gonna make a bit of difference really, The Ls1 has a shitload more power and torque then a 97 cobra. If anything, from a roll those gears are gonna slow you down. I got the ls1 to pull 3 cars on the cobra..

--------------------

Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
those gears ain"t gonna make a bit of difference really, The Ls1 has a shitload more power and torque then a 97 cobra. If anything, from a roll those gears are gonna slow you down. I got the ls1 to pull 3 cars on the cobra..

Oh man. I sided with the ls1 on here for a different race about a month ago and hurt a lot of peoples feelings. Lol.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic96GT:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:

Oh man. I sided with the ls1 on here for a different race about a month ago and hurt a lot of peoples feelings. Lol.
im just livin in reality, the lsx's > mustangs except for 03-04 cobras and the new coyote motor. unless the mustang is heavily modded of course. i like mustangs too but lets be realistic....

--------------------

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what if the cobra was a 5.7?
DOHC 5.7 over a single cam anyday

if you have a ford and cant make power thats your problem

quit now and buy a cheby

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:

quit now and buy a cheby

what ifs dont mean anything.

Camaro got it

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got faith in my boy, kill that catfish!
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:

quit now and buy a cheby

what ifs dont mean anything.

Camaro got it

Exactly!

--------------------

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd PROLLY say it's a GUD race. I'd put MA money on the Cobra.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com