Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project 66 Coupe (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Project 66 Coupe
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
btw that bulb your looking for is a standard part number 1895 most stores will stock it. if you need more then four id go to a higher quality store like napa, carquest etc. where a they will stock boxes and a box will be almost as much as 2 packs of 2 at kragen.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
Looks good bro! You making me want an old school bad.

Trying pulling off the shifter boot and put it in first. If everything seems fine, relocate the boot a little to give you more slack when throwing it in first.

im telln u bro old skoos are were its at. ive had mine for aroud 6 years and ive influenced a couple people into getting them lol including 66_5.0
I gotta agree on the old skool note. no matter what, you have way more fan base with an old skool.no smog which i know doesnt matter to some. but all i do is pay my registration every year and im not viewed as just another punk in a mustang getting pulled over for no reason.
dam Neight u hitten racoons huh haha did u atleast go back and teabag his ass haha hows ur car? Any damage

[ November 11, 2010, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
quote:
Originally posted by Sco Cuddie:
Looks good bro! You making me want an old school bad.

Trying pulling off the shifter boot and put it in first. If everything seems fine, relocate the boot a little to give you more slack when throwing it in first.

im telln u bro old skoos are were its at. ive had mine for aroud 6 years and ive influenced a couple people into getting them lol including 66_5.0
I gotta agree on the old skool note. no matter what, you have way more fan base with an old skool.no smog which i know doesnt matter to some. but all i do is pay my registration every year and im not viewed as just another punk in a mustang getting pulled over for no reason.
That's what I love about my 66 bro, every time I pass by a Chp or cop "most of the time going faster than I should" they usuAlly just smile and give me the thumbs up haha. But when I drive my cobra going 5 miles under the speed limit the cops jus give me dirty looks [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 never been pulled over in my mustang. Even when I was running open headers on the street. Classics seem to get more respect with the cops. When I had my 5.0 I would get pulled over each time drove it.
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
+1 never been pulled over in my mustang. Even when I was running open headers on the street. Classics seem to get more respect with the cops. When I had my 5.0 I would get pulled over each time drove it.

Yea I think in general everyone gives respect to the old skools because most people know WhT it takes to build them and maintain them. Ey secnd2nun64 I'm in the process of doing a 9 inch in ma 66 what can u tell me about yours, don't know much about this swap and am learning as I go. I want to do it right the first time u know

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I got a new crate rear from currie and a used center chunk. It is nodular iron lim slip unit with 3.50 gears. I run 31 splines axles and 11" drums.

My reasoning for buying the currie is that a used housing that will fit the car right w/o modification is rare (57-59 Ford)and will cost you $500 or so and those most likely will have 28 spline axles. So by the time you get new axles which are around $300 and new seals $80 your in it the same price as a new crate one. Plus then your working with new parts that are not 50 yrs old.

A lincoln versailles will fit too but your locating pins on the spings may not match up to the springs, bad gearing plus the housing is a little bit wider.

On the 9 inch, you will have to fab up new brake lines as your 8 inch lines wont fit. You may also need a new driveshaft. I lucked out on mine when I did the swap since my driveshaft was still the correct length. I just had to change the u-joint because the cap size was different.

Are you planning to run enough power to need a 9"? Doing the swap is not cheap and the 8" is a pretty strong rear, especially if you have the WAR case center section. I only changed my 8" because I wanted to run slicks. What type of gears you have right now?

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

well i have a 331 stroker in mind but that is really far from now, i have an HCI 302 around 3 sumthin rear wheel so its really not that much power. this is just the second time i mess up an 8 inch, but they were both stock rear ends so i can see why they didnt hang. i guess an 8 inch rear end is enough if i really beef it up, what would you recomend for rebuilding the one i have? i just dont want to have to go through this again you know

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

What are you breaking on the 8"?
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Well the first one was a on a hard take off, the third member snapped and broke

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Well, the 8" has two diffent style third member housings. One is the standard web and the other is a cross web style like whe WAR case. The cross web is much stronger. Which one do you have?

Standard
 -

WAR style
 -

If your interested I have the WAR style cases from my 8" in a 3.00 gear set and a 3.55 gear set. Both are open carriers. They use a 1310 u joint with the larger caps and have the pinion guard on the pinion support.

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ok yea both of my rear ends that have broke were the standard style, that war one looks reinforced for shur. Yea I'm interested in one with the 3.55 what u looking to get for it?

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

I'll send you a PM.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah I've never had any issues using a WAR case'd 8" id def. go that route. but when it comes time to do rear brakes they make a conversion kit to use cobra calipers and rotors on the the rear. its inexpensive,works great! and keep in mind if you convert your 8" to rear disc the parts can also be used on a small bearing 9" OR if you go big bearing 9" you will have to re-buy the brackets but at least you will have the majority of the brake parts. I recently did this to the 67 but i got some 2-piece rotors to match the front and had to make the rear calipers match the front as well. btw www.streetortrack.com makes all the brackets etc. and even has a kit to allow you to use your stock e-brake with the new disc brake setup out back.

heres a rear pic:
 -

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup I tried avoiding running it over kuz I wasn't in the mood to run one over so I swerved left to avoid it but I guess he wanted to turn back from where he came so blap he ended up my tire. It was a huge raccoon it didn't do any damage but put blood everywhere its nasty hearing it all the bones crack LOUD. I also once took a squirrel out the game to I was at malibu grand prix here in Redwood City and one tried running by quick but I was fuck that I aint slowing down n blap blood got on my leg shit was nasty.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Yea I'm thinking of doing the disk brake conversion while I'm at it

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had to upgrade on a budget. Luckily found a 8 inch 67 (WAR) center here with an open 4.10 ratio. Didn't want one leggers so I bought the powertrax lockrite locker. I'm easily over 350 hp and it holds up like a champ.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So after a lot of hours of work and struggling i managed to get my car into the bodyshop! Im way too excited for words and special thanks to a fellow member...stangin' for the recommendation on the shop. Now i have to wait the long wait. Ill try and get pics up tomorrow i was a bit in a rush today. Ill keep everyone updated!

--------------------
1966 Mustang

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
So after a lot of hours of work and struggling i managed to get my car into the bodyshop! Im way too excited for words and special thanks to a fellow member...stangin' for the recommendation on the shop. Now i have to wait the long wait. Ill try and get pics up tomorrow i was a bit in a rush today. Ill keep everyone updated!

NICE!!! [burnout]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where'd you take it too? I need paint and body done on my comet.
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I chose a bodyshop here in sac. His name is Marcos and his shop is in the army depot

--------------------
1966 Mustang

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good to hear bro. marcos will take care of you. it will be worth the money once he's all done. stop by every couple of wks to take pics of the progress.

what color did you decide to go with?

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Pretty much sure on azure blue..

--------------------
1966 Mustang

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

and it begins..
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ April 21, 2011, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: 66_5.0 ]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oo i like how these things end up! whens it supposed to be finished?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who's the Joto in blk JK bro cant wait to see it all done! [Big Grin]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com