Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Great Debate: GT40 Irons vs Aluminum Heads (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Great Debate: GT40 Irons vs Aluminum Heads
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
If trick flow casted alumin heads from a gt40 mold it would run the same as of they were cast iron. Get wut im sayin alumin cost 3x more the stock gt40.

Gt40 are like nikes (easy to get, very affordable)

Alumn is like space jam jordans (ballin, cars get stolen lmao j/k)

LOL, I'll beat someones ass for some space jam jordans. And your irons will get their ass beat everytime, witcha broke ass.
 -

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here ya go,

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1651/12262009083012am.jpg

My car actually made the exact same power numbers with the catted X pipe and all smog attached. I was able to run a little more timing with the smog legal setup.

dyno vid: sound quality sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSlwWMqMjHU

[ September 28, 2010, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: copcar ]

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got Gt40s I'm down to recycle someone with aluminums [Wink]

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
Fake Moderator
Member # 6395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator  Ford pictures for Moderator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GT40s SUUUHHHHUUUCK

--------------------
I'm forddude510/86gt pretending to be a moderator. At first I thought it would be funny to change my name and act like a mod. Now the real mods have caught on and locked in this signature so I can't change it. I probably don't think it's funny anymore, but I like their sense of humor!

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
Here ya go,

My car actually made the exact same power numbers with the catted X pipe and all smog attached. I was able to run a little more timing with the smog legal setup.

had no clue you were local..im 707notchback..you gotta take me for a ride [burnout]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
Here ya go,

Nice.. someone from the board finally proved me wrong with their own car.. Hopefully i see you on the road sometime.. we are both located on the peninsula..

I'm still going to send you my parts list also.. just been lazy lol

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, hope to see you too, just let me know on your build.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Joshua
Member # 14769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshua  Ford pictures for Joshua    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2slow2go:
No debate gt irons suck. Only reason people have them is because they can't afford aluminum or they are racing a stock class. I have many friends that have aluminum and no one blows gaskets or warps shit.

No hate on aluminum heads, actually envy. But my iron gt40 headed hr 306 would make your jaw drop when you see the dyno sheet the entire combo has less than $800 into it (port work, and all other work done by me along with getting the heads from a junkyard) with a .535 lift custom ground cam and a dual plane intake it put down 338whp and 325lbft so you might wanna be paying closer attention who your calling broke mofos when they’ll stomp out your petty $2000 combo
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Joshua:
quote:
No debate gt irons suck. Only reason people have them is because they can't afford aluminum or they are racing a stock class. I have many friends that have aluminum and no one blows gaskets or warps shit.

No hate on aluminum heads, actually envy. But my iron gt40 headed hr 306 would make your jaw drop when you see the dyno sheet the entire combo has less than $800 into it (port work, and all other work done by me along with getting the heads from a junkyard) with a .535 lift custom ground cam and a dual plane intake it put down 338whp and 325lbft so you might wanna be paying closer attention who your calling broke mofos when they’ll stomp out your petty $2000 combo
Way to bring back a 10 year old thread and try to talk shit to someone who doesn't post on here anymore. [Cool]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
quote:
Originally posted by Joshua:
quote:

Way to bring back a 10 year old thread and try to talk shit to someone who doesn't post on here anymore. [Cool]
Plus he said he's only 800 into his motor. I think his math is off.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com