Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dynotuned the Fastback (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dynotuned the Fastback
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers Dana wouldnt mind those numbers at all

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you should post them #s on 1320.......they might be able to help ya gain about 200hp
Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
trottin4.6
¯
Member # 8597

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trottin4.6  Ford pictures for trottin4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
I think your talking about my homies red fastback.

i dont know the guy with that car, i just know from talking to 93pony about the other car and this car.

bbf making that little power through a stick vs. (for example) drew's 347 that made 460+. common sense tells you which one is impressive and which one well...isn't very.

quote:
Originally posted by happygmore:
[QB] you should post them #s on 1320.......they might be able to help ya gain about 200hp

he might also want to try yellowbullet. there is a lot more to carb tuning than jets, airbleeds, and "those screws on the side of the carb" hahaha.
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
On a side note, at 2200rpm it made 480ft/lbs of torque at the wheels.

Damn 480 ft.-lbs @ 2200 RPM!? [Eek!]
Nice build Dana. Straight up torque monster u got there!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by trottin4.6:
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
I think your talking about my homies red fastback.

i dont know the guy with that car, i just know from talking to 93pony about the other car and this car.

bbf making that little power through a stick vs. (for example) drew's 347 that made 460+. common sense tells you which one is impressive and which one well...isn't very.

quote:
Originally posted by happygmore:
[QB] you should post them #s on 1320.......they might be able to help ya gain about 200hp

he might also want to try yellowbullet. there is a lot more to carb tuning than jets, airbleeds, and "those screws on the side of the carb" hahaha.

i don't think dana the yellowbullet type
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on your numbers..very respectable no joke...Now its time to come to the track and see what that big block throws down in the 1320 department [Big Grin] . And when u do shoot me a pm so I can have the 427fb come out [burnout]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i also must say dana that thing is freaking sick. i think it makes good power. as johncm said a fast back clean as can be with 500 plus is a bad ass ride. congrats. about the carb thing i know there is alot that can be done besides jets. maybe you should look into it. all in all BAD FUCKING ASS [patriot]

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
I don't know much about big blocks, but I know the Chevy 572 Crate motor is only rated at 620hp/650tq at the crank, that would equal out to about the same rwhp as your car.

Shouldn't ever compare a crate motor to a matched combo. Crate motors are "the best available" by any means in most cases.
I think that's a very good comparison. Everyone is saying Dana's numbers are low for a 532ci motor, but it makes the same as Chevy's top of the line 572ci crate motor. To put together a combo yourself that makes just as much power as "the best available" from the competition, that's pretty good in my book.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
What more could be done to my carb that hasn't been done already?

there are some triiick high performance cabrs to be had, my buddy has a a pro form equipped holley carb, that he had a carb shop tune specifically for his stroked big block (468 pontiac) and last dyno slip he had was makin right around 600 at the tires, through a turbo 400 and ford 9 inch. just something you may want to look into.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Fox Lightning
¯
Member # 7658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lightning  Ford pictures for Fox Lightning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers bro.

wow 480ft lbs torque @ 2200 rpm [Eek!]

--------------------
K7 Gsxr 750 (stock) 10.89 @ 137
68 Coupe N/A (stock) 302 t5 9" 12.2 ON 315-18" DR's (under construction)

Raider A's Warriors

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com