Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » college grads (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: college grads
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
To the OP...I'd suggest really thinking of what you want to do and what your goals are in the future. A lot of people major in things that they "enjoy," but when it comes down to it, "enjoying" something may not really bring in the job and pay that you want to get. Do you want to sit at a desk all day? Work on computers? Work hands on? Design stuff? You should think about that before taking classes for "X" major because it would be a waste if you decide to switch majors halfway through and have to basically start over...Good luck! [patriot]

What he said. You'll also notice that quite a lot of people major in a field then end up in a career that has absolutely nothing to do with what they studied. For example, my last boss had at least a Master's in Bio Chem or something like that, but his company specializes in video conferencing technology and IT support. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just graduated in may with a BA in Geography with emphasis in urban analysis.

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BA in Marketing and emphasis in Advertising
also
working on getting my MBA

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
B.S. in Landscape Architecture
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by siri95:
also

Sometimes I wish I went this route. I do more marketing than programming these days.
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bachelor's in business administration w/ marketing emphasis

back in school...

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BS Neurobiology, Physiology & Behavior, BA Music and another 2-3 years on my post grad.
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a masters from the university of hard knocks
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doctorate in Criminal justice with an emphasis in juvenile predators.

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
also

Sometimes I wish I went this route. I do more marketing than programming these days.
yeah.. its for sure helping me with my printing business.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
also

yeah.. its for sure helping me with my printing business.
Sorry I need to divert a sec. You into print? Can you do high end stuff? PM me. My printer went out of business.
quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quickblue302  Ford pictures for quickblue302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As In Automotive Technology. "almost"

--------------------
Eat rice it's good for you!

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
But my current job only requires a H.S. diploma or equivalent.

Wow, so you coukd have skipped college and just had gone straight to work?

What do you do if you don't mind me asking????

The only career I could think of that only requires a highschool diploma or the equivalent of one is P.O...

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PG&E. Love the company and the money is good.

I was in the building trades (non-union) and tried to get into a couple unions just as the economy hit the toilet. Great money in the building trades, but it is feast/famine, depending upon the economy.

There are many ways to make good money, but going to college young, before you have a family, mortgage, or other responsibilites, is the best time to go. I can use my degree as a resume builder and also to climb into management positions that require a degree to be competitive for the job openings.

[ July 07, 2010, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: phildog ]

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bachelor of Science in Criminal justice w/minor in sociology.
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bachelor of Science - Finance & Economics

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I barely remember this thread its so old. Here is an update, I decided on pursuing a Bachelors of Science in Economics.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
graylx
¯
Member # 3919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for graylx  Ford pictures for graylx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
B.S. in Criminology

--------------------
2012 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Notch
1995 Impala SS

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com