Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Help decide what to get next... (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Help decide what to get next...
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1759042854.html

thanks, but thats too much of a project for me right now.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
IMO I say old school..easier to work on and don't have to smog.

you sure about that
sure about what?
you don't have to smog old schools
umm yea I believe it's 74 and below
you don't have to. I have a 66 and don't smog [dance]

it,s 75 an down an you still can be sent to the
ref for a smog

yea if u aren't running cats. I
don't have to smog every 2 years..so unless laws changed
today..I still don't have to smog
[burnout]

ther pop old school left an right the state needs money an there sending old school to the ref just b/c it's not bi annualy doesn't mean you
will never have to smog a old school

until that happens I'll let u know. But I said I don't have to smog, didn't say never.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cmon Bro 66_5.0 is right, I've owned ma 66 mustang for 7 years and I've never smogged or have been asked to smog by any police officer or anythin like that. That's one of the perks of an old skoo, ma car wud never pass. You cannot be sent to a ref for smog because 75 and below are excluded from any smog laws [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1759819860.html
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
Cmon Bro 66_5.0 is right, I've owned ma 66 mustang for 7 years and I've never smogged or have been asked to smog by any police officer or anythin like that. That's one of the perks of an old skoo, ma car wud never pass. You cannot be sent to a ref for smog because 75 and below are excluded from any smog laws [Roll Eyes]

you so missed infored
here a link for you to read

http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191197728

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1754965591.html
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

thanks, saw that ad already too [Wink]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

you so missed infored
here a link for you to read

http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/showthread.php?
t=1191197728

yea like I said..he didn't have cats. His fault for not having them..I know Chavez66 and got pulled over with him and 6 years he's never had to smog. Not misinformed just didn't state all my knowledge.
[dance]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
notice there talkin about a 1975, to be smog exempt it is pre 1975 that means that if ur car is from 1975 then U still have to smog. Ma friend works in Elk Grove for Sac County sheriffs and he said that pre 1975 cars R gud so I don't know were ur gettin this?

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've owned a 944 turbo in the past just with a chip and suspensoin. It was a fun car to drive. You can get one of those and they will hold value nowadays.
Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03/04 cobra por vida

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saleen_freak:
I've owned a 944 turbo in the past just with a chip and suspensoin. It was a fun car to drive. You can get one of those and they will hold value nowadays.

what year. A client just gave me a older model 944 Turbo 88. I been sitting on it until I get more info on it.

sorry for the hi-jack.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

thanks, saw that ad already too [Wink]
If this is what he says it is that is a screamin' deal on a Cobra. Hmmmm.....
saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

what year. A client just gave me a older model 944 Turbo 88. I been sitting on it until I get more info on it.

sorry for the hi-jack.

I had a 86 turbo. The 944 has a 2.5 4 cylinderand its turbo. It had good kick and is an enthusiests car now. My buddy had a 89 s model which is better but I don't know why. Regardless its a fun carto drive. Again all I had was a chip blow off valve and suspension. Thats it.
I would definately get it up and running. Its worth a pretty penny if you decide to sell.

Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1759913277.html
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1761417364.html
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
notice there talkin about a 1975, to be smog exempt it is pre 1975 that means that if ur car is from 1975 then U still have to smog. Ma friend works in Elk Grove for Sac County sheriffs and he said that pre 1975 cars R gud so I don't know were ur gettin this?

like i said you are misinfored buddy maybe you should go look up the laws or go ask a ref
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i say f@#k it jump in to a chevy camaro [patriot]

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
Sesar5.0
¯
Member # 8553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesar5.0  Ford pictures for Sesar5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1763197655.html
cl find not my car

[ May 27, 2010, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: SUMO ]

--------------------
1990 lx 5.0
PS4 ID Sesar5_0

Posts: 864 | From: Cotija Michoacan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

sorry for the hi-jack.

N8, my dad went thru a bunch of them. theyre kinda like 5.0s in the porsche world. wanna sell, then regret it after. i owned one, and them things are wild on the freeways.. theyre known to have 5.0 swaps in them too. if you do decide to keep the 944 first thing you should do is replace the timing belt. heres a little info for you n8.

Timing and Balance Shaft Belt – Please replace the 944 timing belt every 60,000 miles or you will be replacing bent valves and possibly even a broken camshaft. Replacing the Balance shaft and rollers at the same time is highly recommended.

a little something to read over....
http://www.drivewire.com/model/porsche-944/

HAPPENED TO ME! [Mad] gluck bro.

IAN, http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=078025 [Wink] hahahaaha.. all it needs is go FASTER parts, and Full tightened suspension! o yah, for the AC to be installed. lmao.

[ May 28, 2010, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: AbominableSnoman... ]

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SUMO:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1763197655.html
cl find not my car

this car seems koo. jump on it!
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
quote:

like i said you are misinfored buddy maybe you should go look up the laws or go ask a ref
like I said, til that happens..I'll let u know buddy

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com