Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Help decide what to get next... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Help decide what to get next...
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell yea dude u should of kept that 95, I seen it today DAMN. Sexy!!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll let the new owner post up if he wan...i don't really want to put out his business like that.

Yea, it's a sexy car for sure...just didn't serve the purpose that I needed it for.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you should save your chips and just get the car you are after instead of buying these inbetween cars.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Sounds like you should save your chips and just get the car you are after instead of buying these inbetween cars.

thats the problem N8...i dont know what "car I'm after..." [Big Grin]

Although I love Termi's and they have more than enough performance than I need, I'm still on the fence with my search. i really want an old school to cruise around in but I love hitting the twisties and really want to start road racing. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Although I love Termi's and they have more than enough performance than I need, I'm still on the fence with my search. i really want an old school to cruise around in but I love hitting the twisties and really want to start road racing. [Embarrassed]

so buy an "ooooo skoooo" and set it up for RR.

-

-

Plenty of aftermarket companies out there have hardware available to set up a 65-70 Mustang for the twisties.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

so buy an "ooooo skoooo" and set it up for RR.

-

-

Plenty of aftermarket companies out there have hardware available to set up a 65-70 Mustang for the twisties.

yea...definitely one of my ideas/plans....Maier racing is just minutes away from my house [Big Grin]

--------------------

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get an 80's saleen!!!!!!!!!!!

-  -

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1753344348.html
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:

That is an excellent deal right there if there isn't any hidden problems.

--------------------
Stangless

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a car that's fun in the twisties and makes a decent amount of power with just a couple mods pick up a 95-99 E36 M3

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

yea...tried calling but no answer. looks like a good deal but the mileage is a bit high [Frown] I'd have to check it out to see for sure though [patriot]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 1QUIK93:
If you want a car that's fun in the twisties and makes a decent amount of power with just a couple mods pick up a 95-99 E36 M3

trust me, that's been an option as well...but i'm stuck on getting another mustang. Although, if I could find an E30 M3 in my price range (highly doubt it) I'd be all over it!

--------------------

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I doubt you'd find an original E30 M3 in your price range as well. You can always swap a E36 m3 motor into an E30 and it will outrun most mustangs on the street imo.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:
quote:

yea...tried calling but no answer. looks like a good deal but the mileage is a bit high [Frown] I'd have to check it out to see for sure though [patriot]
If it passes a compression test, 127K is peanuts.

--------------------
Stangless

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think old skcool is out of the question 7k isnt gonna get you much.
96-98 cobra is great but i think you just be settling.

i think your best best would be your old white cobra what was wrong with that car ? had great suspension plenty of power. and was super clean.

id only go foxbody if it was a saleen or 93 cobra.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:
i think old skcool is out of the question 7k isnt gonna get you much.
96-98 cobra is great but i think you just be settling.

i think your best best would be your old white cobra what was wrong with that car ? had great suspension plenty of power. and was super clean.

id only go foxbody if it was a saleen or 93 cobra.

Wussup albert...yea if I go with an old school, it wont be top notch or anything, but I have seen a few 64-66 coupes that were pretty clean around the price range...

As of today, I'm leaning towards a 96-98 cobra...I've been wanting to try out a 4v and as you might already know, I love the sn95 bodystyle. I'd do a 99+ cobra or mach 1 but theyre out of my price range as well.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

The DOHC is a different animal than the pushrod. I absolutely love it and can't see myself going back...

4.30/4.56 gears, exhaust, pullies, CAI, tune and you got yourself a fun street car for not a whole lot of dough.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
The DOHC is a different animal than the pushrod. I absolutely love it and can't see myself going back...

4.30/4.56 gears, exhaust, pullies, CAI, tune and you got yourself a fun street car for not a whole lot of dough.

Yea I know...thats why I want one so bad [Whoo Whooooo!] I drove my cousin's Mach 1 a few times and althought they're a bit faster stock vs stock compared to a 96-98 cobra, the motors pull so smooth its ridiculous [Big Grin]

Now, if only I can find a clean one within my price range...

(FYI...I talked to the owner of that red one posted above and I'm gonna pass. Said clutch chatters, rips in the driver seat, and could use paint = no thanks) [patriot]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put your chips to the left for a bit and get you a mach 1 after saving. All your topics lead towards a mach. but your like a kid (I feel you tho) money burning a hole in your pocket.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Then get a Mach1... If you shop around you should find one in the $10K range.

I knew there was something a miss with that red car as it's been for sale for months.

This might be worth a look...
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1756233778.html

[ May 25, 2010, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:
quote:
IMO I say old school..easier to work on and don't have to smog.

you sure about that
sure about what?
you don't have to smog old schools
umm yea I believe it's 74 and below you don't have to. I have a 66 and don't smog [dance]
it,s 75 an down an you still can be sent to the ref for a smog
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

quote:
Then get a Mach1... If you shop around you should find one in the $10K range.

I knew there was something a miss with that red car as it's been for sale for months.

This might be worth a look...
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/1756233778.html

+1

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you sure about that
sure about what?
umm yea I believe it's 74 and below you don't have to. I have a 66 and don't smog [dance]
it,s 75 an down an you still can be sent to the
ref for a smog

yea if u aren't running cats. I don't have to smog every 2 years..so unless laws changed today..I still don't have to smog

[burnout]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you sure about that
sure about what?
it,s 75 an down an you still can be sent to the
ref for a smog

yea if u aren't running cats. I don't have to smog every 2 years..so unless laws changed today..I still don't have to smog

[burnout]

ther pop old school left an right the state needs money an there sending old school to the ref just b/c it's not bi annualy doesn't mean you
will never have to smog a old school

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/1759042854.html

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com