Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Enlighten Me on Texas please.. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enlighten Me on Texas please..
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I feel like moving to Texas, yet I know nothing about the state. Please feel free to inform me on the goods and bads.. Blond chicks in cowboy boots and mini skirts rock my sox..

Score:

Texas-1

Cali-0

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
high crime rates

good food

lots of race tracks

guns

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
high crime rates

good food

lots of race tracks

guns

Sounds like Cali, except for the good food, lots of tracks, and guns.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
high crime rates

good food

lots of race tracks

guns

Sounds like Cali, except for the good food, lots of tracks, and guns.
if you go to texas stay away from the borders

an i would love to in texas right now i love being down south the know how to party out there

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure if you drink you do not live in a "Dry" area or county. Personally I prefer Texas over Cali. But I am country boy by heart.

It all depends where in Texas actually. I have friends in Dallas I visit and was just there for the NBA Allstar game. Loved it. Nightlife is cool, jobs, diverse area. Will be similar to Cali but with lots of new stores and places to experience. I bought some land in Midland and it is sort of a retire community so I would not recommend that area. But Dallas, Houston and the bigger cities are along the lines of a bay area. But they ghettos in Texas. Are off the hook. Ghetto and country makes a very strange mix that takes getting used to.

Oh and if you like guns you will love Texas. My folks out there go no where without a gun. No one fucks with no one. Because everyone has a gun. ON THEM...

[ March 30, 2010, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO SMOG!!!!!
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dallas COWBOYS FTW... [patriot]
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
My folks out there go no where without a gun. No one fucks with no one. Because everyone has a gun. ON THEM...

That news video of the young guy open carrying who was interviewed by a reporter suddenly popped into my head. Something about, "I want to carry too so people are more polite..." So I guess he was kind of speaking the truth? lol

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
My folks out there go no where without a gun. No one fucks with no one. Because everyone has a gun. ON THEM...

That news video of the young guy open carrying who was interviewed by a reporter suddenly popped into my head. Something about, "I want to carry too so people are more polite..." So I guess he was kind of speaking the truth? lol
if that was the case texas wouldn't have so high of a crime rate
Scoobysnack
¯
Member # 6721

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoobysnack  Ford pictures for Scoobysnack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In its 2009 Death Penalty and Executions report released today, Amnesty International calls Texas the "worst offender," because -- with 24 executions -- it leads the country in the number of people it killed last year.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

yea it was a trip to be in a bar full of people that had guns. And...my folks who is transit police had his too and wasn't trippin. Never heard so many drunks saying "excuse me" to other patrons in my life...lol. Texas has its rough patches. But I wouldn't say crime is higher than usual for such a big place.
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know much about Texas, But I work at a Moving company and the main places people more to are Texas and the North/South Carolina. So it must not be too bad out there

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas HAHAHAHA....

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Texas is one of the few states I would consider moving to. San Antonio is REALLY nice. Not sure what the job market looks like there though. Richardson (a suburb of Dallas) is the Silicon Valley of Texas. They've been hit pretty hard as of late in the job sector, but it's stronger than most other states.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
[QUOTE]yea it was a trip to be in a bar full of people that had guns. And...my folks who is transit police had his too and wasn't trippin. Never heard so many drunks saying "excuse me" to other patrons in my life...lol. Texas has its rough patches. But I wouldn't say crime is higher than usual for such a big place.

I don't know about getting wasted with a firearm on me.. but that's really interesting right there. I thought it would have been the other way around.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hot, cheap, better food, Fireworks are legal, tinted windows are legal, real Mexican Food not like the crap they sell here, they speak real Spanish there not like the ghetto Spanish they speak here, less bull shitters, only State in the Union that can fly their State flag above the US Flag. Cops and Border Patrol Officers are like Gods, have way more power than they do here, for example that shooting on New Years Day at BART, if that happened in Texas, the Cop wouldnt be going to Jail. There is no Illegal Aliens hanging out looking for work, they hide because Border Patrol is always looking, they stop traffic all the time on the Freeway and main roads, and do like a DUI check point looking for illegals & drug smugglers. I am from the San Antonio, Austin and Laredo area, I remember when Drinking & Driving was legal in the 90s, they had like drive thru bars, I think open container is still legal in car. There are like bars on every corner in San Antonio if you like to drink. And San Antonio was the Obesity Capital of US because the Food was so good. Camping & river rafting is must do. Moving here from San Antonio, one thing I thought was odd that San Antonio was alot more greener and had more trees than the Bay Area. But I like the Bay Area better, wages are way better, less Racism here, people are alot more open minded here, the weather is alot better here, and no twisters.

[ March 30, 2010, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: racsirx ]

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
Texas is one of the few states I would consider moving to. San Antonio is REALLY nice. Not sure what the job market looks like there though. Richardson (a suburb of Dallas) is the Silicon Valley of Texas. They've been hit pretty hard as of late in the job sector, but it's stronger than most other states.

Dallas seems to be doing pretty well still. And Houston is doing ok. SA has been hit hard. The income to housing price in the area has always equated out well (unlike Cali) plus little things like their own oil reserve own power grid and a few other things bode well for Texas. But all in all besides the gool 'ol "Boot" it is the only place besides cali I would like to live.

Yup Lee, open container is still legal. We were riding around with yak in fancy ass glasses and no one was trippin when we passed police. They said "long as you aint doing nothing stupid they wont fuck with you".

[ March 30, 2010, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SILLY LX
¯
Member # 9475

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SILLY LX  Ford pictures for SILLY LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what parts of california have you been to ? Mayb cali is what you want but you have to get out their to see ! but i do hate the cali smog rules

--------------------
I hav receipt's for all my parts , HOW BOT U ? , but STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
Originally posted by McLOVIN:
what parts of california have you been to ? Mayb cali is what you want but you have to get out their to see ! but i do hate the cali smog rules

Ive been up and down California, and I have never seen anything I like. Im just tired of everyone actin like they are someone else. I feel like everywhere I go now, everyone thinks they are super hood, no one is grown up. I just watched somthing on the news about a 15 year old kid and a bunch of his punk ass boys laid some old lady out in a Bart station.. Wtf? It just seems Texas is more respectful, you know who you are there, if there is a problem you step outside man to man, deal with your situation, and shake hands afterword. And a big ass house down theres like 150K.

Idk about jobs though. Im an electrician, and im wondering how the jobs are like out there. I was looking toward Fort Worth/Dallas area.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Ive been up and down California, and I have never seen anything I like. Im just tired of everyone actin like they are someone else. I feel like everywhere I go now, everyone thinks they are super hood, no one is grown up. I just watched somthing on the news about a 15 year old kid and a bunch of his punk ass boys laid some old lady out in a Bart station.. Wtf? It just seems Texas is more respectful, you know who you are there, if there is a problem you step outside man to man, deal with your situation, and shake hands afterword. And a big ass house down theres like 150K.

Idk about jobs though. Im an electrician, and im wondering how the jobs are like out there. I was looking toward Fort Worth/Dallas area.

I've been to at least half the states in US including Texas and the people are the same everywhere you go. The one place people are different is overseas. "Americans" and the US culture is still the same wherever you go.
SILLY LX
¯
Member # 9475

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SILLY LX  Ford pictures for SILLY LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
quote:

I've been to at least half the states in US including Texas and the people are the same everywhere you go. The one place people are different is overseas. "Americans" and the US culture is still the same wherever you go.
+1

--------------------
I hav receipt's for all my parts , HOW BOT U ? , but STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:

Well for the most part I can tell you this. The south in general is a "what you see is what get" kind of place. People really do not hide what they are. Racism is in your face style. If a cat is coming across as trying to be gangster he more than likely is. Religion is all up in your face too. So in one sense you are right. People wear their liberties on their sleeves in the south. But people are very close minded. You will notice that instantly, which is a big contrast to Cali. I was in total culture shock when I first moved to Cali. Research the jobs and maybe go spend sometime out there. Good thing about electrical work is that is a trade you can spark up your own business or get a main gig and do that on the side.

I say check it out. Could be a good look. But I can say San Diego is my fav place in Cali. When I get my business to where it is fully self-sustaining I will be buying a flat over looking Padre Park (thats my goal for the next 5 years).

Good luck.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobysnack:
In its 2009 Death Penalty and Executions report released today, Amnesty International calls Texas the "worst offender," because -- with 24 executions -- it leads the country in the number of people it killed last year.

I wish the other states killed more violent criminals.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

FOURPOINTSIX
¯
Member # 8302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOURPOINTSIX  Ford pictures for FOURPOINTSIX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ITS COO JUST TO VISIT I LIVED THERE IN 2000 ITS ALLRITE JUST THE HUMIDITY IS HIGH IN THE SOUTH DONT KNOW WERE U WANA GO BUT IN THE SOUTH ITS RAINS AND IT SUCKS BUT U MIGHT LIKE IT

--------------------
{]LEGION510[}

Posts: 374 | From: EAST OAKLAND | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Sco Cuddie
¯
Member # 6757

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sco Cuddie  Ford pictures for Sco Cuddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Ive been up and down California, and I have never seen anything I like. Im just tired of everyone actin like they are someone else. I feel like everywhere I go now, everyone thinks they are super hood, no one is grown up. I just watched somthing on the news about a 15 year old kid and a bunch of his punk ass boys laid some old lady out in a Bart station.. Wtf? .
This problem will follow you everywhere. It all depends on what area you live in. Sure there are alot of people who don't seem to want to grow up around here but you can also find an area around here that is just a peaceful and respectful as your looking for.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com