Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Toy '69 Deluxe Fastback (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: New Toy '69 Deluxe Fastback
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks good!! no vid???

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<<nah not yet, all I have is my cell phone for sound, enough said...lol. I'll see if I can't get a decent quality video one of these days of it running.

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ordered a Comp Cams "Thumpr" camshaft, should be here tomorrow. [Smile]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Cam is installed, everything looks good, valve springs still have quite a bit more to go before coil-bind.

I realized quickly that this motor has the non-adjustable rocker studs (common for '69). Those are the non-adjustable 3/8 studs with iddy-biddy 5/16 threads that you just torque all the way down and hope it works. Lame on Ford's part.

I converted them to into adjustables. This is done easily with by using the factory nut for the adjustment, then adding a grade 8 prevailing-torque lock-nut on the top. This allows you to set the pushrod into the lifter bore "just enough", (1/2 turn) instead of the factory "near-bottom" or "wherever" it lands situation. Luckily this cam uses the factory length pushrod so that makes things easy.

I'm also adding a performer RPM air gap intake and 670 street avenger carb.

Things are coming together well, should have her going in a few days.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

She's alive again! and she sounds GOOOOOOOOD!

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

....aight, here's a video

-

--------------------

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know where i been but just got done reading page 1 thru 4 all i got to say [Eek!] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was there any problems with your carb after the thumper cam? I've heard a few people say they had a little trouble tuning after installing one.

I want to pick up a retro fit thumper, but for cam and lifters it's over 700. ( I also need to buy better heads before I do another cam swap.)

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

no problems at all, vacuum is still great, power brakes still work great. Roller/retrofit should be even better but you never know. Personally I'd just stick to the standard setup if its an experiment. [Smile]

--------------------

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds badass!!! [worship]

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe I'll order the smallest non roller cam and use my 1.7's and my crappy E7 heads till I can buy better ones.
Is that the the mutha thumper or the reg thumper you put in?

[ March 28, 2010, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Slowback ]

--------------------

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw this at goodguys and thought of your car,I know its different but color reminded me of yours
 -

[ March 29, 2010, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: maeco ]

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Nice 70, too bad it says "Spectre" on the windshield. I have to say I would probably turn down an endorsement from them. Their parts are just poor.

It's the small Thumpr cam with .490 lift, 107 LSA and 290+ duration. I would think the small one with 1.7's would be a great street camshaft. Similar to the Comp Magnum 292H with a little better sound and probably better bottom-end torque. When I do put heads on my car (Probably Cast Iron World Products Windsor Sr's) I was thinking about putting a 1.7 rocker and leaving this cam. We'll see.

By the way I've lost ZERO noticeable bottom-end torque with this cam, however I must say I do have a 2400 stall converter. Might have lost a bit below that but probably not much.

--------------------

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
Thanks!

Goofin around with the pics. What do ya think?

-
 -
 -

This would make a great Mach 1 clone [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks! Yep I can't wait to get the Mach stripes on this thing [Smile]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

So I think I've decided to go with more of a 1970 Mach 1 approach. I like the hood stripes better on the '70 and the black below the doors is cool also. Most of all its a lot cheaper to do, just mask and paint those areas accordingly. I also like the blacked-out headlamp buckets.

I think I'm going to give it a shot! No Mach1 badges though, I think I'm just going to go with the paint scheme, not the label.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Workin on the cosmetics...

Hood stripes done, headlamp buckets done, next is back panel and front valance in black, chin spoiler and rear spoiler, then side stripes. [Smile]

-
 -

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

More pics...

Installed front spoiler, painted rear panel and lower front valance, detailed underneath, painted rear diff.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Looks good. [patriot]

--------------------

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car looks good! There sure seems to be a lot of pine trees where you are. Doesn't seem like Sac. I think I might have seen you but not sure.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Yep lots of pine trees, I commute from El Dorado County to Sac every day for work and school.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

SUCCESS!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that thing looks dope as fuck [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice [patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

thanks! now I just need to get someone to buy my 49 truck so I can put some more money into this baby. ..check out my other posts if you know anyone interested!

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com