Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cotto vs Pacquiao (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Cotto vs Pacquiao
BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATMOBILE  Ford pictures for BATMOBILE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You all know no matter who he is fighting, I always go for my fellow countrymen Miguel Cotto... So who are you going for and what round.... and give some reason why....

Miguel Cotto is going to knock him out in the 8th round. If it doesnt happen and they go to a decision then we are getting robbed!!! The reason I say that is because pacman is arum's money maker. He has him fighting mayweather early next year and a loss may ruin his plans.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BATMOBILE:
You all know no matter who he is fighting, I always go for my fellow countrymen Miguel Cotto... So who are you going for and what round.... and give some reason why....

Miguel Cotto is going to knock him out in the 8th round. If it doesnt happen and they go to a decision then we are getting robbed!!! The reason I say that is because pacman is arum's money maker. He has him fighting mayweather early next year and a loss may ruin his plans.

I read he is looking at Marquez and possibly fighting at Dallas Stadium. I have Cotto 8-10 round stoppage. There is no way he will win a decision. Manny will appear the busier fighter. Long gone are the day of judging based on ring generalship.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I stand high and proud of my fellow contryman, MANNY PACMAN PACQUIAO! He is too fast for Cotto...cotto might be bigger and stronger, but Manny's speed will enable him to dodge Cotto's power punches and allow him to get in and start firign on him. Pac-Man in 7 or less!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I stand high and proud of my fellow contryman, MANNY PACMAN PACQUIAO! He is too fast for Cotto...cotto might be bigger and stronger, but Manny's speed will enable him to dodge Cotto's power punches and allow him to get in and start firign on him. Pac-Man in 7 or less!

You do realize Zab Judah is faster and punches harder than manny right? And is a southpaw. Also you do realize he fought Shane whom is faster and more technically sound than Manny. Oh and he won against both those fighters... [patriot] I can understand going for your countryman. But just like my Filipino homies they dont wanna listen to reason...lol

[ November 13, 2009, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PacMan will knock him out! I say 3rd round!
He is way too fast for Cotto.. Cotto wont know what to do when he experiences the Filipino power.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by siri95:
He is way too fast for Cotto.. Cotto wont know what to do when he experiences the Filipino power.

See my post above yours.
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone wanna bet some money or car parts i got money on pacman no way cotto will stand a chance come margarito rocked him

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATMOBILE  Ford pictures for BATMOBILE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

See my post above yours.
Hahahaha thats a good one.
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

See my post above yours.
hahah point taken...
Im still standing behind Manny.
Cotto has the power but does not have the speed like Manny. On top of that, Manny has power behind his lighting speed.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pac wins 8th round because of cuts. Cotto's D sucks and Pac with slowly chop him down from different angles.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
Pac wins 8th round because of cuts. Cotto's D sucks and Pac with slowly chop him down from different angles.

I havent heard that prediction before [Eek!]

I dont see this happening either. If it goes to the cards Manny will win because his output will no boubt be higher than Cottos. Cotto is insanely durable. I do not see Manny doing any more damage than Clottey or Zab did. Hell he fought Marg with loaded gloves for 11 rounds. Manny may have power at lower ranks, but not at welter erm this is a fake welter but yea. But lets see I do give manny a chance to win, but now a good one.

Only thing that creates doubt is the 145 match weight. That is damn near cheating for Manny. But Cotto is young and hopefully his body can handle it better than Oscars did.

[ November 13, 2009, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't wait til the fight is over and Manny is victorious...because I want to laugh in ALL the pac-man haters' faces! Honestly, you guys can ramble on about whos more skilled, who has this, who has that...but at the end, you all know pacman is gonna fuck this dude up. C'mon, save yourself some time and just admit it now [dance]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I am more a fan of boxing than a fan of either of these fighters. I am just speaking on pure boxing knowledge of what should happen. I like Manny but they are fighting @ 145 that isnt even true welter. They kept that from sight for a purpose. Either way anyone else in that division will kill Pac. So this is just a solidify his legacy move nothing to do with boxing. He wont fight Mayweather, he wont fight Shane, he wont fight Paul Williams, He wont fight Zab, Marg, Joshua.... So this is almost just a prop up fight. But their styles will create the most fireworks because they are both so flawed. But the media has everyone overlooking Cottos abilities. Dude is a damn effective and efficient fighter. His career is over if he loses.

[ November 13, 2009, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

quote:
I can't wait til the fight is over and Manny is victorious...because I want to laugh in ALL the pac-man haters' faces! Honestly, you guys can ramble on about whos more skilled, who has this, who has that...but at the end, you all know pacman is gonna fuck this dude up. C'mon, save yourself some time and just admit it now [dance]

Cut it out, just cuz he beat 50 year old de la hoya and Ricky "wide open" Hatton doesnt prove to me that he is ready for Miguel. Miguel is gonna send this clown back to where he came from!!!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:

Cut it out, just cuz he beat 50 year old de la hoya and Ricky "wide open" Hatton doesnt prove to me that he is ready for Miguel. Miguel is gonna send this clown back to where he came from!!!
I think not. Manny will send this sucka back where HE CAME FROM! [worship]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I am more a fan of boxing than a fan of either of these fighters. I am just speaking on pure boxing knowledge of what should happen. I like Manny but they are fighting @ 145 that isnt even true welter. They kept that from sight for a purpose. Either way anyone else in that division will kill Pac. So this is just a solidify his legacy move nothing to do with boxing. He wont fight Mayweather, he wont fight Shane, he wont fight Paul Williams, He wont fight Zab, Marg, Joshua.... So this is almost just a prop up fight. But their styles will create the most fireworks because they are both so flawed. But the media has everyone overlooking Cottos abilities. Dude is a damn effective and efficient fighter. His career is over if he loses.

Yo N8, just consider Cotto's career over already [Wink]

--------------------

BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

quote:
quote:
quote:

We are gonna send Manny, Buboy and Pacman the dog back home!!!

[ November 13, 2009, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: BATMOBILE ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We are gonna send Manny, Buboy and Pacman the dog back to that land slide they call home!!!
Wow, really? We were talkin shit about the boxers...all fun and games. But now you're gonna come on here and get racist talkin shit about a fuckin natural disaster that killed thousands in the Philippines?!?!?! You got balls homie...believe me, I'm not the only Filipino on the site bro. Actually, I think the majority of people on here who AREN'T internet thugs are Filipino hahahaha....Keep flappin your lips.

[ November 13, 2009, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

9165pt0
¯
Member # 7625

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9165pt0  Ford pictures for 9165pt0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pac has more chances 2 win. but im rootin 4 cotto on dis 1. seems like cotto is more serious bout dis match. but pacs angles n step ova is gon b hard 2 match. cotto has 2 match his foot speed n turn wit him.

pac still has a good chance tho, he wins by dec (2 much money in a mayweather/pacman fite), early ko, or breaks down cotto n makes him quit late.

cottos only chance is 2 survive da early rounds and go to da body n bang up pac as much as he can, and make adjustments 2 counter manny late in the fite hoping for a late ko.

eitha way, i gotta feelin mayweather/pacman mite b da biggest in boxing history 2 neva happen...theres 2 much involved and neither fighter wants to swallow their pride and fite 4 less money. they rather fight jmm or cotto n make just as much with a lesser risk.

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its all about the money....who will generate more money in the future for boxing? imo boxing is rigged....just my .02

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

BATMOBILE
¯
Member # 6239

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We are gonna send Manny, Buboy and Pacman the dog back to that land slide they call home!!!
Wow, really? We were talkin shit about the boxers...all fun and games. But now you're gonna come on here and get racist talkin shit about a fuckin natural disaster that killed thousands in the Philippines?!?!?! You got balls homie...believe me, I'm not the only Filipino on the site bro. Actually, I think the majority of people on here who AREN'T internet thugs are Filipino hahahaha....Keep flappin your lips.
Really my man, im not no punk but you musta caught that dumb comment I made before I edited it. Sometimes I get carried away with boxing but i will be the first to appologize. That is why I edited my comment.
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
manny all the way was watching some high light last night on both fighters and manny is quick and stays that way. cotto gets to tired time to time and drops his hands to low i got $150 on manny.

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My boy went on some website and it said that cotto is a 7-1 underdog to win by tko inside of 10 rounds ir win a decision. I think i will putt 100.00 on cotto tonight lol! I think he can win [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another big filipino party to watch our homie pacman win. u guys dont even know how hyped we get watchin him fight...and when he wins...its like euphoria....lol
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if pek pek pacquao win's.. party at jollybee's

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com