Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 1968 Mustang Fastback **STARTED IT!** (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: My 1968 Mustang Fastback **STARTED IT!**
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
testament to murphy's law that nothing ever goes as plan. haha. hope you guys can get the water pump and timing done tomorrow [patriot]

would have been sick if you got a pic of the headers glowing red! [Eek!]

[ January 31, 2010, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
testament to murphy's law that nothing ever goes as plan. haha. hope you guys can get the water pump and timing done tomorrow [patriot]

would have been sick if you got a pic of the headers glowing red! [Eek!]

lol yeah thats what my dad said, i should have. Oh well
Heres a pic of my finished interior, Need to do a little mire work to it but nothing major
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
6 min I'm sure your ok. The engine we had blow up was run for at least a half hour, I showed up at the shop and saw smoke rolling out the back of the car. They didn't notice the exhaust glowing because the door was open and the sun was shining on the motor. Just make sure you set the timing and you should be fine.

first thing we'll do next time we start it, it won't idle right now anyway.i don't know what i am going to do about my stereo, i won't be able to hear it for sure.
[Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like you will be goin full exhaust..lol.. no more dumpies for u!!

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
looks like you will be goin full exhaust..lol.. no more dumpies for u!!

lol i can put a 3 inch bigger muffler on it.

[ January 31, 2010, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

OK made a short video, i'll post it tomorrow night. I'll make a better one later.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a meizere pump that leaked the same way. its something to do with the pump. when i called about i was told it was "normal". Bullshit if you ask me. call monday and see what they say though

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u could put 3" bullets in front of the mufflers and it should help cut the noise down and it wont restrict your exaust as bad

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit with that big block thumpin under hood i wouldn't even listen to the stereo anyway. the motor IS your stereo!! [patriot]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Sydewayz 24/7
¯
Member # 8725

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz 24/7  Ford pictures for Sydewayz 24/7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
Shit with that big block thumpin under hood i wouldn't even listen to the stereo anyway. the motor IS your stereo!! [patriot]

+10 on that

--------------------
Stayin Sydeways

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
i had a meizere pump that leaked the same way. its something to do with the pump. when i called about i was told it was "normal". Bullshit if you ask me. call monday and see what they say though

Its leaking so bad the engine is getting up to running temp almost immediately. What did you do after they told you that?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:

Its leaking so bad the engine is getting up to running temp almost immediately. What did you do after they told you that?
Order a new one from summit put your old one in the box and send it back. Tell them it was leaking. Easy FIX [Smile]

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
quote:
quote:

Order a new one from summit put your old one in the box and send it back. Tell them it was leaking. Easy FIX [Smile]
Yeah i am thinking about doing that.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Going to go out and time the motor and then maybe pull the water pump. I'll make a better video hopefully but i WILL be posting a video tonight.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

So its not the water pump, the water pump is dripping slightly but its not running out. We found a small hole in my timing chain cover [Frown] Its going to be a bitch to pull apart.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
So its not the water pump, the water pump is dripping slightly but its not running out. We found a small hole in my timing chain cover [Frown] Its going to be a bitch to pull apart.

That sucks reminds me of my problem with my cam seal on the belt drive. Worst part is I didn't install that shit a machine shop did!

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
quote:

That sucks reminds me of my problem with my cam seal on the belt drive. Worst part is I didn't install that shit a machine shop did!
That sucks. Its a cast timing chain cover so i just need to get another one. Video to come soon hopefully.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com