Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 1968 Mustang Fastback **STARTED IT!** (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: My 1968 Mustang Fastback **STARTED IT!**
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
That sucks about the paint how do you keep it from lifting is it cracking to I always have problems with that to

you have to primer it before you paint it. i thought i could get away with just painting it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
msd sells a super low profile distributor that uses a crank trigger if its to close to the hood

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707:
msd sells a super low profile distributor that uses a crank trigger if its to close to the hood

no thats fine, the airfilter is the closest.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IM ON FIRE!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Dash is repainted, we rewired the water pump and headlights cause we didn't like how they were wired. Since everything is wired we've been "playing" with things to see if they work so we tested the horn lol. Damn thing is loud i heard my dad jump from behind the car and i almost hit my head on the headliner. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ if you did in in your garage is gonna be loud...... Just wait till you fire it up [Big Grin]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Starting it tomorrow!
Well maybe, i just need to check to see if any water is in the oil from the coolant leak. If there is no starting, if there isn't starting.
Tonight was the first time i sat in the front seatsince i bought it 2 years 349 days ago.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NICE!!! congrats on coming this far dana! [patriot]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow has it been that long already time flys

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Yep its been that long. Definitely a nice car and i am definitely looking forward to finishing it. Look forward to driving it and only spending money on gas for it. I just hope everything goes as planned tomorrow and nothing happens to the engine for a long time.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool hope you have the video cam ready so you can update us [patriot]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

So...I was going to start it today but we had clutch issues and we fixed that then we weren't getting fuel so we started in the back and found the pump wasn't pumping fuel so we played with that for a bit and then we found we connected the fuel lines backwards lol. We fixed that and got fuel pressure and fuel to the carb but its leaking in the fuel line and we couldn't tighten it up anymore so tomorrow we're going to pull it all apart and look at the threads and see if something is wrong with it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well tomorrow's another day! Hope you can get everything sorted out to get it started [patriot]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Damn that's hella little things getting you but it will make it sweet once everything fall together and you drive Dan that driveway

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

OK going to go out and get this bitch started and broken in. Hopefully i'll have a video for you all tonight. Wish me luck

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] Get it started

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

OK i started it, Its nasty like a top fuel dragster!
I don't know how i am not going to get a ticket driving this thing on the road.
Haven't been able to break in the cam though its a flat tappet cam and you have to rev the motor up to 2k to 3k never keeping it constant.
The first start up some plastic above my header melted and caught fire then we found a shit load of water leaks, one leak we even thought was oil but it turns out to be coolant running from the front of the motor to the back.
I just came in from our second attempt at getting the cam broken in and my dad told me to shut it off cause the headers were GLOWING red, i got out and looked and they were. Its not timed and died right when i let off the gas. (I was told to fuck the timing just break in the cam before doing anything) We've found that our water leak is our Meznere electric water pump, its leaking from a hole in the bottom of the pump [Frown] So tomorrow we're going to take it off and see what it is and hope the pump is still under warranty, it has the same looking hole on the top of the pump as well so no idea why its leaking. I DO have a video and i will post it in an hour or so.

[ January 30, 2010, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Just watched the video, it sucks. I need a better video camera that pics up sound better.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Haven't been able to break in the cam though its a flat tappet cam and you have to rev the motor up to 2k to 3k never keeping it constant.
The first start up some plastic above my header melted and caught fire then we found a shit load of water leaks, one leak we even thought was oil but it turns out to be coolant running from the front of the motor to the back.
I just came in from our second attempt at getting the cam broken in and my dad told me to shut it off cause the headers were GLOWING red, i got out and looked and they were. Its not timed and died right when i let off the gas. (I was told to fuck the timing just break in the cam before doing anything) We've found that our water leak is our Meznere electric water pump, its leaking from a hole in the bottom of the pump [Frown] So tomorrow we're going to take it off and see what it is and hope the pump is still under warranty, it has the same looking hole on the top of the pump as well so no idea why its leaking. I DO have a video and i will post it in an hour or so.

The headers were glowing red? wtf would cause it to do that?

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

timing off

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

timing off
Exactly, the timing was way retarded. We had an engine that had the cam broken in with the headers glowing from the timing being way retarded, it cooked the pistons and it blew the first night. You have to set the timing, don't let some dipshit tell you to run it out of time just for the break in period!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
quote:
quote:

timing off
Exactly, the timing was way retarded. We had an engine that had the cam broken in with the headers glowing from the timing being way retarded, it cooked the pistons and it blew the first night. You have to set the timing, don't let some dipshit tell you to run it out of time just for the break in period!
well i hope 6 minutes of it running like that didn't hurt it. We are going to take the water pump off tomorrow and look at it and if we can fix whats wrong with it then we're going to time it and then break it in.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
6 min I'm sure your ok. The engine we had blow up was run for at least a half hour, I showed up at the shop and saw smoke rolling out the back of the car. They didn't notice the exhaust glowing because the door was open and the sun was shining on the motor. Just make sure you set the timing and you should be fine.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

i can't upload the video my computer is being lame. i'll have to do it another time. i wanted to edit it cause you can't really see anything anyways and its not letting me.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com