Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » the city of oakland (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the city of oakland
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
ha ha i have a good job also my friend but im from the hood. I also have a family and go to work everyday my branches are growing but i never forget about my roots. I also moved out of oakland but i can go back anytime and feel safe.

I partially agree since I also grew up in the hood, but it's hard to feel safe now a days since the crime is so spontaneous and random and lot of times people get murder because they were confused for someone else.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quick stat check :

According to the Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, the following statistics have been recorded concerning the characteristics of offenders who violate and assault children.

* Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.
* White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quick stat check :

According to the Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, the following statistics have been recorded concerning the characteristics of offenders who violate and assault children.

* Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.
* White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates.

and every one of them should die a slow,horrible death....i dont see what point your trying to make...as a father id like to see every one of them wiped off.
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
point of posting this is if you want to charactize Oakland residence, which i was one from 11-22, take a look at your own peers.

here are a few more things to look at, these are youth crime stats:

Drugs. According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, among youths aged 12 to 17, the rate of current illicit drug use was 11.1 % among whites, and 9.3% among African Americans. [5] In a previous year, the same survey found that white youth aged 12 to17 are more than a third more likely to have sold drugs than African American youth. [6] The Monitoring the Future Survey of high school seniors shows that white students annually use cocaine at 4.6 times the rate of African Americans students, use crack cocaine at 1.5 times the rate of African Americans students, and use heroin at the same rate of African Americans students, and that white youth report annual use of marijuana at a rate 46% higher than African American youth. [7] However African American youth are arrested for drug offenses at about twice the rate (African American 314 per 100,000, white 175 per 100,000) times that of whites, [8] and African American youth represent nearly half (48%) of all the youth incarcerated for a drug offense in the juvenile justice system. [9]

Weapons. According to the Center on Disease Control's annual Youth Risk Behavior Survey, in 2001 whites and African Americans reported similar rates of carrying a weapon (whites 17.9%, African Americans 15.2%), and similar rates of carrying a gun (whites 5.5%, and African Americans, 6.5%). [10] African American youth represent 32% of all weapons arrests, and were arrested for weapons offenses at a rate twice that of whites (69 per 100,000, versus 30 per 100,000). [11]

Assault. According to the Center on Disease Control's annual Youth Risk Behavior Survey, African Americans report being in a physical fight at a similar rate (36.5%, versus 32.5% for whites), but were arrested for aggravated assault at a rate nearly three times that of whites (137 per 100,000, versus 48 per 100,000).

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:
quick stat check :

and every one of them should die a slow,horrible death....i dont see what point your trying to make...as a father id like to see every one of them wiped off.
I see a valid point.... if you don't then maybe you sound turn off fox news and think about the connection these inmates and the neighborhood you live in. Speaking on a city you know nothing about is ignorance. How many times have you been to Oakland? Were you pissing in your pants? Or did you get out and tell those residence how they all should die?

BTW I dont live in Benicia.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quick stat check :

I see a valid point.... if you don't then maybe you sound turn off fox news and think about the connection these inmates and the neighborhood you live in. Speaking on a city you know nothing about is ignorance. How many times have you been to Oakland? Were you pissing in your pants? Or did you get out and tell those residence how they all should die?

being from oakland isnt a direct connection with being tough...i have no reason to go to oakland...check crime rates in my city where i choose to live..martinez....see how many muders go on here yearly check the crime rate toughie...get some facts on where im from....im proud to say my "hood" is safe opposed to you gotta wtch ya back in my town cuz lol....oh well you wont get it...my kids play in the yard and i dont worry about getting gunned down...ect..
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

an the facts of whites and blacks heres one for you

About 10.4% of the entire African-American male population in the United States aged 25 to 29 was incarcerated, by far the largest racial or ethnic group—by comparison, 2.4% of Hispanic men and 1.2% of white men in that same age group were incarcerated. According to a report by the Justice Policy Institute in 2002, the number of black men in prison has grown to five times the rate it was twenty years ago. Today, more African-American men are in jail than in college. In 2000 there were 791,600 black men in prison and 603,032 enrolled in college. In 1980, there were 143,000 black men in prison and 463,700 enrolled in college.

Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.

what does that prove? idc about racial stats..my point is oakland is over populated with dumb fuckin crooks/criminals never said black criminals....

89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lock this one up already!
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the record!!!!! Their are Bad white, Black & every other race In every city across the board & Their are Good White, black & ever other race across the Board!!! So please stop with the My Race is better than yours!!! Crap!!! If your a Good person then be proud of it!!! Don't bash a person because of their race or city they might live in!!!! Oakland has some real safe areas aswell as some bad like Every other city does!! So Deal with it!!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
For the record!!!!! Their are Bad white, Black & every other race In every city across the board & Their are Good White, black & ever other race across the Board!!! So please stop with the My Race is better than yours!!! Crap!!! If your a Good person then be proud of it!!! Don't bash a person because of their race or city they might live in!!!! Oakland has some real safe areas aswell as some bad like Every other city does!! So Deal with it!!

agreed the post has gotten outta hand my point was taken outta meaning...
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quick stat check :

being from oakland isnt a direct connection with being tough...i have no reason to go to oakland...check crime rates in my city where i choose to live..martinez....see how many muders go on here yearly check the crime rate toughie...get some facts on where im from....im proud to say my "hood" is safe opposed to you gotta wtch ya back in my town cuz lol....oh well you wont get it...my kids play in the yard and i dont worry about getting gunned down...ect..
might not need to worry about them getting gunned down but there are other things that could happen in your neighbor, your stats about the amount of blacks in prison are both true and false. Blacks are prosecuted for crimes others get passes via the stats I previously posted. When you talk about Oakland and refers to it as a welfare city, that is being racial.

You can choose to live anywhere you want not everyone in Oakland can. The ghetto was created so that those who cannot afford to live in martinez and other areas, are enclosed to fiend for themselves and to keep them out of your neighborhood. Instead of bringing soo much negative attitude towards Oakland, do something productive to help.

I am multi-racial and lived in many places. from L.A., SAn Rafael, benicia to vallejo but i always feel more at home in Oakland because of my own experiences growing up there and the diversity it has to offer.

I don't know how your words got twisted when you said Oakland should be blown up and 97% of its residence are low lifes

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats sad you would even bring the statistics of prison up i feel bad for you man. You have nothing to do with oakland if your not willing to be part of the solution then keep out i myself live in belmont which has even half the crime rate of your martinez. Do not try to make the city i was raised in (OAKLAND) seem inferior to any city because it is beautiful. You have never cruised the lake with your system up never enjoyed the sideshow when it was cranking in the past, and never had the chance to go to a coliseum in your city to root for your home team win or lose.Oakland is struggling but dont judge someone till you walked a mile in their shoes. BTW we do not deserve to be blown up cus just like those officers who died in service we are all people aka HUMAN.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like i said and will repeat myself one more time..

If the USELESS PO-PO's and GOVERNMENT start ACTUALLY "protecting" and "serving" then hey maybe we will have a better crime rate.

When we got these USELESS PO-PO's out there BEHAVING LIKE CRIMINALS, then what do you expect from citizens?

If there are so many "thugs, gangstas, rapists, BAD GUYS" on the streets, what happened to the good guys who make the streets a better place?

Just because the recent activities in Oakland made headline news, doesnt mean the whole city is bad. Crime's happen everywhere, but not many make it to headlines.

Sounds like to me half of the ignorant idiots with the whole "oakland is bad" attitude got their ass handed to them somewhere in Oakland. LMAO

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
86redGT
¯
Member # 6961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86redGT  Ford pictures for 86redGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quick stat check :

I don't think the original poster was trying to make this a race question.

Moreover i think he was trying to comment on the moral decay of the city at large. It pains me to see the entire city riot when a police officer shoots someone, while not a finger is lifted when 3 innocent youths are injured in the crossfire from crime activity in the area.

Just my 2 cents

[ April 28, 2009, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: 86redGT ]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra
2016 Fiesta ST

hawaii5.0
¯
Member # 4675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawaii5.0  Ford pictures for hawaii5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's more white people on welfare than black people

--------------------
91LX (sold)
93 cobra #3279

Posts: 757 | From: here and there | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CHILDISH BANTER ABOUT NOTHING!!!

-

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by 86redGT:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quick stat check :

Moreover i think he was trying to comment on the moral decay of the city at large. It pains me to see the entire city riot when a police officer shoots someone, while not a finger is lifted when 3 innocent youths are injured in the crossfire from crime activity in the area.

Just my 2 cents

[patriot] [patriot] exactly

and al stock is a retired thug. now hes corporate thuggin. watch out hes tough...please close this thread

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quick stat check :

Just my 2 cents

and al stock is a retired thug. now hes corporate thuggin. watch out hes tough...please close this thread

Yeah yo, Im soo thugged out, ill have 5.0 srt-4's wifey/girlfriend in bed with me screaming "thug life".

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quick stat check :

Just my 2 cents

Yeah yo, Im soo thugged out, ill have 5.0 srt-4's wifey/girlfriend in bed with me screaming "thug life".
another cool quote. [Roll Eyes]
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quick stat check :

Just my 2 cents

Cool enough for ignorant fools like you. You're so quick to blame a WHOLE city for some dumb shit some thugs did.

And YET you are quick to CALL me a THUG? Awwww, sounds like some thugs did some damage to you in your younger days.

Poor kid [Frown]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GO A'S [burnout]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kids were shot by some dumb ass's that need to be locked up end of story
Who cares if they were black or white let's just leave race out of it. Same with the cops, most of the cops in Oakland are good cops. Just like most people(black or white...) in Oakland are good people. I wish they could get rid of all the bad people in Oakland and let the good people have their city back.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 306Coupe:
[qb] quick stat check :

Just my 2 cents

Cool enough for ignorant fools like you. You're so quick to blame a WHOLE city for some dumb shit some thugs did.

hey alstock...whatd you mean when your myspace headline said talibanrydaz?

[ April 28, 2009, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: 5.0-srt-4 ]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

mtf saying taliban rydaz and terroists this and that on his myspace..then homeboy graduates from that dump heald or ucwestercareercollege and now hes high society...news flash buddy you arent super cool like you think....your little cert dont mean much and your comments are lame...sorry for this post gettn outta hand the rest of cafords...

original purpose.pray for the little babies shot.and hope the community comes out and gives the cops some leads to catch these dumb asses weather there white,black or mexican

[ April 28, 2009, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: 5.0-srt-4 ]

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
mtf saying taliban rydaz and terroists this and that on his myspace..then homeboy graduates from that dump heald or ucwestercareercollege and now hes high society...news flash buddy you arent super cool like you think....your little cert dont mean much and your comments are lame...sorry for this post gettn outta hand the rest of cafords...

original purpose.pray for the little babies shot.and hope the community comes out and gives the cops some leads to catch these dumb asses weather there white,black or mexican

Aww look at the poor kid go.. You must be clicking left and right.. Take it easy...

I put whatever i want on my myspace, thats my"space" lolll I can put a picture of you with a d!ck on your mouth, nothings going to happen, its still *my* myspace LOL

Graduated from dump college? Awww, soo much research on me, makes me feel special [worship]

Damm right - I went to 2 different colleges, got my certs, went to Heald - got got my degree/certs and guess what? I SIT ON CAFORDS from 10am to 4PM everyday and probably make MORE then YOUR WHOLE FAMILY combined [Smile]

Im not on Cafords trying to sell a frikken SATURN COUPE to buy a HONDA LMFAO -

Looks like your strugglin with $1500 cash in your hand (ford sale thread) trying to buy a truck?

awwwww, sorry kid, you will NEVER accomplish as much as me and im only 23.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com