Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Oakland cops shot (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Oakland cops shot
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Police: Alleged Shooter Had A History Of Street Violence
Posted: 8:38 am PDT March 23, 2009
Updated: 9:09 am PDT March 23, 2009

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The man who allegedly killed three Oakland police officers and left a fourth brain dead was well known to local authorities as a violent felon who was being sought on a no-bail warrant for a parole violation, according to the acting police chief.

Lovell Mixon, 27, reportedly had been pulled over for a routine traffic stop by Oakland motorcycle officer Sgt. Mark Dunakin at 74th Ave. and MacArthur Blvd. at about 1:08 p.m. Saturday.

Dunakin called for backup and officer John Hege had answered that call and was also at the scene, according to acting police chief Howard Jordan.

Then as one of the two officers was returning to his motorcycle, sources say, Mixon allegedly got out of his car and opened fire with an automatic weapon. The deadly volley left Dunakin fatally wounded and Hege with a head wound that has rendered him brain dead.

“When he was pulled over he knew he was a wanted felon, the police may not,” retired FBI profiler Candice Delong told KTVU. “He simply got out of the car and opened fire… They never had a chance.”

Jordan told KTVU a no-bail warrant had previously been issued for Mixon.

“We know he had an extensive history of violence,” Jordan said. “He been committed to the state penitentiary for shooting someone. He had a no-bail warrant (out) for a parole violation at the time of the shooting. That’s all we know at this time.”

The alleged gunman had served five years in state prison for an armed assault during a carjacking. He was back behind bars last year for a parole violation.

Mixon then allegedly ran up the street to an apartment house where his sister lived. He barricaded himself in a closet with an AK-47 assault rifle and allegedly waited to ambush for police.

“We received information as to the whereabouts of where the suspect was,” Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said. “We had SWAT officers go into that building and that’s where the shooting took place.”

Mixon allegedly opened fire on the SWAT team through a closet wall. He died in the ensuing gun battle as did SWAT officers Ervin Romans, 42, and Daniel Sakai, 35.

Delong wondered who called in the tip and if it set a trap for the officers.

“One of the things I question is who called in the anonymous tip,” the former profiler said. “Where did it come from? Was it a trap?”

Meanwhile, Mixon’s family was trying to defuse the public perception of the Oakland being “a monster.”

“I don't want people to think he's a monster." said Enjoli Mixon, the man’s sister. "He's just not."

Meanwhile his grandmother, Mary Mixon, offered condolences to the officers' family.

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the officers' families," she said. "This shouldn't have happened."

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The statesments in BOLD are food for thought next time you are complaining about police.

The never know. They never had a chance. They have to be cautious at all times because they never know when the next person they pull over (doesnt matter if its a rich guy or a guy in a beater) will get out and end there life.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i also heard on the news that he was beign sought in realtion to a homicide. this is why we need strickter laws in our country. if this guy was still locked up we would still have four good people in this world

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mixon is a monster! No heart, no soul, 100% no good dirty rotten monster. His sister doesn't want him to be thought of as a monster. Tough shit bitch,...HE IS! What would she want the public to think he was? Someone trying to better himself that just happend to have an assult weapon sitting in his lap on a Friday cruise through the streets? Give me a fuckin break. Dude was out for no good, he deserved to die and it's just to bad he died quickly.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by migs66/92:
i also heard on the news that he was beign sought in realtion to a homicide. this is why we need strickter laws in our country. if this guy was still locked up we would still have four good people in this world

Agreed, stricter laws and more TRAINED Law Enforcement Officers who gets paid to protect their community.

This should definetly be another wake up call for CALIFORNIA not just OAKLAND, they need to come up with a PLAN B for criminals residing in CALIFORNIA, not just OAKLAND.

I suggest, they have monthly audits or a WARRANT CHECK for their county's, search for ALL WANTED SUSPECTS and whoever has at LEAST a $20,000 warrant. Run their information, find out where they live, find out what cars they drive, have undercovers investigate it and then finalize the arrest, get them when the least expect it.

But thats just my opinion, once again, RIP to the fallen Officers.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
The statesments in BOLD are food for thought next time you are complaining about police.

The never know. They never had a chance. They have to be cautious at all times because they never know when the next person they pull over (doesnt matter if its a rich guy or a guy in a beater) will get out and end there life.

Mike

I wish there were more people like you. I hope I can shake your hand one of these days at a ford event. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just watched the news here in stockton and that bastards sister was interviewd...fucking stupid cunt she said swat went i there to commit murder for the ooficcers who had gotten shot earlier and thats why this piece of shit fought back...fuck that stupid piece of shit lowlife bitch...soory guys im just pist at the ignorance of his family specially his sister....all you have to do is look at his criminal history and you know he wasnt a person trying to get his life back on track....

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
O.K.... I wasn't going to respond again to this post but it's gotten to much to be another oakland bashing thread. Let me start again by saying he shouldn't of killed those police officers.

I wouldn't expect most people outside of Oakland or Richmond to undertand or care to relate to any of "us" ghettoo, low life, welfare people from oakland but let me try to enlighten you on a few things. A Routine traffic stop in Oakland is not the same routine traffic stop in concord. I've been pulled over for driving my dad's Jaguar and nothing else. Oakland police has isolated themselves from the community they claim to protect. Police in oakland has never been trusworthy and been known for faulty stuff for the longest.

Since some of you want to bring in Oscar Grant into this, I'll do the same. If Oscar could be killed , unarmed do you not think this person could of or would of been killed as well? You guys like to talk about Oakland issues but across this country you here about kids goining to schools (in the suburbs i might add) and unloading clips after clips into their fellow students... I don't here rallying cries about those kids.

And someone says we need stricter laws... I hope you are referring to stricter gun laws because you don't need a reason to pull someone over in Oakland , arrest them or even taser them.

Oakland has alot more issues and solving them will take alot of time and effort. The police needs to attempt to build some trust. If that means walking the beat and talking to residents, then thats what they need to do.

This shouldn't be about trash talking Oakland, this should be about mourning and showing respect to those who died. An innocent life is an innocent life , let it be an officer of the law or an innocent student who happened to catch a bullet at school. A life is a life. God bless the dead [patriot]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's what bothers me most about all this,

1. Yes we all know there are cops that harass, hit people do stupid shit on the job but that still will never make Saturday understandable.

2. Reports say people in the apartment complex knew the shooters location but did not tell police because and I quote from reports "in east oakland it's worse to be a snitch then a murderer."

3. This guy's cousins said today he was a "good guy" doing normal things like everyone in oakland "drinkin,smokin weed and showin off his car", according to her.

Here's my thing, I wasn't alwasy on the right side of the law,as a juvenile I did dumb shit got harassed by cops and now I am an adult and yes a LEO. If people want stuff to change and OAKLAND wants to improve and have a different image it has to start with each and every citizen,it has to be people willing to respect police, has to be police willing to respect people, normal activities can't be described as "smokin weed and drinkin", it has to be people not following the police to the hospital to taunt them as ther friends are dying! Change has to come from within each and every one of us. I'm done. RIP to the fallen.

[ March 23, 2009, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 @ 306
and any others in this who recognize the tragedy without having to drag a whole community through the mud.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Here's what bothers me most about all this,

1. Yes we all know there are cops that harass, hit people do stupid shit on the job but that still will never make Saturday understandable.

2. Reports say people in the apartment complex knew the shooters location but did not tell police because and I quote from reports "in east oakland it's worse to be a snitch then a murderer."

3. This guy's cousins said today he was a "good guy" doing normal things like everyone in oakland "drinkin,smokin weed and showin off his car", according to her.

Here's my thing, I wasn't alwasy on the right side of the law,as a juvenile I did dumb shit got harassed by cops and now I am an adult and yes a LEO. If people want stuff to change and OAKLAND wants to improve and have a different image it has to start with each and every citizen,it has to be people willing to respect police, has to be police willing to respect people, normal activities can't be described as "smokin weed and drinkin", it has to be people not following the police to the hospital to taunt them as ther friends are dying! Change has to come from within each and every one of us. I'm done. RIP to the fallen.

I am sorry but wanted to address a few things in this.

I agree here. But the community reaction you have to understand.

That is nothing new. And as unfortunate as it sounds. What do you do when you do not really 100% trust the system in place to protect you. See your question above, then times that by 20 then you may understand

I know it sounds ignorant to most. but it is like the old saying. "When in Rome do as the Romans", again they are speaking from their perspective, why is that wrong?

I am going to out on a limb and guess you are not from Oakland. And really have no clue about the history of that city (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Law enforcement in Oakland has created a immense divide between them and the citizens they protect. So it is very hard to do what you are saying. Very hard. And mark my words, there will be retribution. And it is sad, because that is the blanket that has fell over the area. Collectively, everyone knows and fears that the reckoning is coming. There will be those officers that try to exact their eye for an eye. That is very sad. And that is a very huge problem. SO you see, the respect clause needs to extend in both directions or what you propose will never work.

I pray for the residents there, as well as the families of the fallen.

Again not trying to be controversial or dilute things. This is a sad tragedy, and I agree stiffer laws need to keep these types of monsters behind bars. Yes I do agree the shooter is a monster. Not worthy of personification.

[ March 23, 2009, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
next time when im pulled over due to traffic violations/tags out of date speeding ect...i fully expect the polic to have weapons drawn, idiots like this make that a standard. i hope every cop especially in that shit hole draws there gun automatically on any kind of stop
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
306coupe

don't get me started on gun laws.......(read gun owners post)

read my posts on page three.(my last post on 3)

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
after reading poeple post on this subject one the is clear most of you do not take ownership of the things that you do. an want you want poeple to say it is ok the world is ruff.so i have a couple this to say 1st i had the cops go hard on me more than once guess what i am the one that push an pushed them ,2nd i feel saver in then oakland then antioch.an i have famliy on both sides of the law an read my sig that sould straight some poeple out.
TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOU LIVE AN WORRY ABOUT YOUR FAMILY THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE FOR IT

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
compleate power and say over another human is to much power for any human! cops use there power to the extreem every day! i dont care how many cops get killed in the line of duty, every one of them signed up for it knowing. theres no excuse for this but why is there so much publicity about this, i didnt see a news cast about the 10 year old girl that got gunned down in front of her house while drawing on the curb! sorry guys but thats just how i feel!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
compleate power and say over another human is to much power for any human! cops use there power to the extreem every day! i dont care how many cops get killed in the line of duty, every one of them signed up for it knowing. theres no excuse for this but why is there so much publicity about this, i didnt see a news cast about the 10 year old girl that got gunned down in front of her house while drawing on the curb! sorry guys but thats just how i feel!

Don't blame cops.... Politicians and governent officials are the worst when it comes to abusing their power... When I have time latter i will extend my thoughts on this subject

--------------------

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:

Don't blame cops.... Politicians and governent officials are the worst when it comes to abusing their power... When I have time latter i will extend my thoughts on this subject
It's a system of corruption. Government and police do what they can get away with. We as citizens vote these people in place. We must make better choices

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:
quote:

It's a system of corruption. Government and police do what they can get away with. We as citizens vote these people in place. We must make better choices
People need to be properly educated and be able to think for themselves before this happens.

On a side not, chalk up RAPE to the list of this piece of shits crimes. Not a monster my ass, his sister needs to get fucking offed as well. Stupid bitch.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

People need to be properly educated and be able to think for themselves before this happens.

On a side not, chalk up RAPE to the list of this piece of shits crimes. Not a monster my ass, his sister needs to get fucking offed as well. Stupid bitch.

don't know what this means but.... ok...

Laws are biased to start. A few numbers to look at. The average crack cocaine sentence, 120 months, is greater than: the 103-month average sentence for robbery; the 76-month average sentence for arson; the 64-month average sentence for sexual abuse; and the 31-month average sentence for manslaughte. The average sentence for crack cocaine (ten years) is thirty-five percent longer than the average methamphetamine sentence and fifty-two percent longer than the average powder cocaine sentence. United States Sentencing Commission

While a majority of crack users in the United States are white, 94 percent of those sentenced under the incomparably severe penalties for crack cocaine are black or Hispanic

Why do I post these numbers? Because a person more than likely to be in possesion of Crack would be a minority in the ghetto. But yet A person who sexually abuses your child in the suburbs has to do less time. The people who write the laws want a slight curve for their friends and co-workers.

[ March 24, 2009, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: 306Coupe ]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Laws are biased to start. A few numbers to look at. The average crack cocaine sentence, 120 months, is greater than: the 103-month average sentence for robbery; the 76-month average sentence for arson; the 64-month average sentence for sexual abuse; and the 31-month average sentence for manslaughte.

Why do I post these numbers? Because a person more than likely to be in possesion of Crack would be a minority in the ghetto. But yet A person who sexually abuses your child in the suburbs has to do less time. The people who write the laws want a slight curve for their friends and co-workers.

I just found out that the Lavell guy was going to be charged with a Rape....a definite monster.

And yes I agree 100% about the sentences for the different crimes. These are the thing that people need to be educated about so they can make the right choice in the future....and for whats its worth, anyone who sexually abuses a child should be executed. I shudder to think of that happening to my kid.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fr5.0:
[qb] compleate power and say over another human is to much power for any human! cops use there power to the extreem every day! i dont care how many cops get killed in the line of duty, every one of them signed up for it knowing. theres no excuse for this but why is there so much publicity about this, i didnt see a news cast about the 10 year old girl that got gunned down in front of her house while drawing on the curb! sorry guys but thats just how i feel!

what it means is.. a day before the traffic stop.. this low life piece of shit was linked threw dna to a unsolved rape... but i guess thats just a normal thing they do in oak-town.. guess it's the cops fault for not knowing this crap hole was a nice guy. but i guess when in rome, do as the roman do... so who's down to rape and steal while we show off are blunt rolling and sideshows. [worship]

[ March 24, 2009, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Laws are biased to start. A few numbers to look at. The average crack cocaine sentence, 120 months, is greater than: the 103-month average sentence for robbery; the 76-month average sentence for arson; the 64-month average sentence for sexual abuse; and the 31-month average sentence for manslaughte. The average sentence for crack cocaine (ten years) is thirty-five percent longer than the average methamphetamine sentence and fifty-two percent longer than the average powder cocaine sentence. United States Sentencing Commission

While a majority of crack users in the United States are white, 94 percent of those sentenced under the incomparably severe penalties for crack cocaine are black or Hispanic

what it means is.. a day before the traffic stop.. this low life piece of shit was linked threw dna to a unsolved rape... but i guess thats just a normal thing they do in oak-town.. guess it's the cops fault for not knowing this crap hole was a nice guy. but i guess when in rome, do as the roman do... so who's down to rape and steal while we show off are blunt rolling and sideshows. [worship]
Ignorance breeds hatred

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

N8
¯
Member # 6048

wow warhorse....just wow.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ignorance breeds hatred
it sure does.. but what did i get wrong?.... nothing... now you want to call me a asshole for joking about raping & sideshows.. well you got me there. but thats all..

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
wow warhorse....just wow.

n8 all i can say is fuck this guy and his family.. and all these sob stories about the cops being bad guys. or in anyway there faults just pisses me off. i have been herassed by cops. shit most people have ran into a bad cop before. cops are people and not everyone is perfect. but at the same time anyone in anyway trying to say this guy was a good guy. is just fucking retared.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com