Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Oakland cops shot (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Oakland cops shot
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Their is going to be a press con at 4.30 my brother in law is a Oakland swat officer.... All 4 were his friends... Let's pray they allake it but I think one was shot in the head.
I am out of town and unable to be near a tv if their is a break in the case can u please post. It would be much apreciated.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I just heard the news I go to competitions and schools with these guys happen to know some other non SWAT officers too.

I hope they are ok. [Frown]

We are taking one of there fathers up there right now.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are leaving sac right now to head home... By brother in law was driving armored car he had to jump out and grab one of them( I think 3 were shot in head that doesn't sound good)

[ March 21, 2009, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: slowback67 ]

--------------------

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow. wtf. ill pray for them

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need more info

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tune in to any local cable channel or go to ktvu.com

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ktvu.com/news/18983600/detail.html

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I hope they are okay. sad business....sorry to hear that.
Man Oakland is a boiling pot of emotions right now. There has been talks for years of a sort of civil war in Oakland. I pray for that city in general. This is going to spill over onto the streets.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
This is going to spill over onto the streets.

N8, not sure what you mean by this as a suspect shot 4 cops and was later killed. What's supposed to spill over onto the streets?

I agree that if the Police use excessive force unlawfully, there is risk of a violent uproar from citizens of the city. It does not seem like this was the case here, but of course the story is only now developing.

I am anxious to hear the conclusions of this story.

[ March 21, 2009, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I'm thankful my girls brother was not one of them. My heart goes out to all the officers and their familys.Just got home I'm at my girls parents house and we are waiting to hear back from her brother.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

N8, not sure what you mean by this as a suspect shot 4 cops and was later killed. What's supposed to spill over onto the streets?

I agree that if the Police use excessive force unlawfully, there is risk of a violent uproar from citizens of the city. It does not seem like this was the case here, but of course the story is only now developing.

Lets see what develops.

no, dont mistake my words, this is senseless violence and a tragedy. There is no conspiracy theory here. But there is always the overtone of an "eye for an eye" when things happen on either side of the law fence in Oakland.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Lets see what develops.

no, dont mistake my words, this is senseless violence and a tragedy. There is no conspiracy theory here. But there is always the overtone of an "eye for an eye" when things happen on either side of the law fence in Oakland.
I certainly agree with you there...

My heart also goes out to the police officers and their families. Based on what I am seeing on TV, it looks like these 4 officers have a lot of support behind them.

--------------------
Stangless

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

The radio reported all four died but the news on tv has not said. We have not talked to her brother yet but from what I've heard it's not looking good for them.
If anyone thinks that the " tragic accidental shooting" of oscar grant gives the right to kill a cop is dead wrong. I swear to god if I'm out and I hear someone say the cops had it comming I hope that I can hold myself together.

--------------------

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats horrible! For those that know any peace officers they are people too living there lifes with a family.... My thoughts go out to there family an friends.
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All 4 DOA. [Frown]

[ March 21, 2009, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: sharkattack ]

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
All 4 DOA. [Frown]

What??? What's your source? All the sites I see still say 4 wounded, suspect dead.

--------------------
Stangless

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I hope they make it. Just saw some raw footage on CBS I saw here brother getting back in the armored car with a parametic and they drove the officer to the hospital. This will be a sad day that will not be forgotten. I hope they were not all killed [Frown]

--------------------

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
All 4 DOA. [Frown]

What??? What's your source? All the sites I see still say 4 wounded, suspect dead.
same here. the only thing I got was on CBS 5 news. said that a coroner was called to highland hospital where the officers are but no release from the hospital yet. My prayers are with them.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
God bless my family when I am away,
Leave the lights on I'll return from harms way,

Grant me courage and strength to protect others each day,
So they live in peace without worry, fear or dismay,

Bless those who have fallen given their life for another
May their spirit live on from then and forever,

Return me home to my family at the end of each night,
May I pass through the door before the morning's first light,

Shall I give my life for another before the dawn breaks today,
God bless my family when I am away.

By

D. Adams

[ March 21, 2009, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: WIKDVNM ]

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KCBS Radio

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
All 4 DOA. [Frown]

Im LEO. In the know.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

We got a call from her brother.... He's ok... About as good as u can be seeing your friends shot. At 9:00 there should be a press confrence on tv. Hopefully there is some good news.

--------------------

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sadly yes all 4 are dead... we were told over our radio's tonight at work and observed 4 minute of radio silence.

I called my wife and had her put our American Flag out.

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

3 officers died.one is still alive in critical condition. new press release.its live on ktvu right now.

[ March 22, 2009, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: crazyhorse ]

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I wish they would have waited to gain entry...... If they would have gassed the room first to try to flush him out.... Those guys lives may have been save. ( the swat officers)But what do know I'm no a Leo. Just my opinion.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com