Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » your experience with nextgen? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: your experience with nextgen?
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of good facts in that post. I wasn't aware that the fender had a 3 inch lip, nor was I aware that my 3000 rpm stall was really a 4500. Nick blew the transmission because he tuned it with the overdrive on. It was a built lentech until that happened. Facts speak for themselves, My piece of junk ran faster times then your shop car with nearly the same setup. Most of the "work" you speak of wasn't done by me. It was merely brought to you guys to be redone because another member on here did it and I wasn't happy with it. Anyone who is curious just look at the cars that have left each shop. Bolt on and engine builds vs fully ground up cars done right. A "Professional" should act like one. Everyone has done good and bad work understandably but the service to the customer is the end all most important thing when you are in a service related job. I'm comfortable where my car is at and the fact that it puts out over 500rwhp on pump gas with a 2v and auto.
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've seen your car there before, and i looked under the hood while DANIEL was working on. And let me tell you that it was not a pretty sight, that car looked like circuit city and not the store but every wire on the nitrous should've had a HAZARD label on it. [dance] [dance] [dance]
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont know if DANIEL fixed all the wiring but i hope they charged you a shit load if they did.
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well there are always people who will be unhappy, but its all in how they treat me at that time.

The last stang I had built, the shop I took it too people were like oh god your car is gonna be fucked up, the guy doesnt know what hes doing ect. He dealt with me professionally, had my car done in a timely manner, and even went the extra mile.

I only judge shops on how they dealt with me, and so far Nextgen has treated me good.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now i know where i seen that grey gt. it was at infinion raceway. if i am correct some 15 year old looking kid owns it. i will say it IS jacked up looking. now i see its a 03 gt. didnt take you long to fuck that thing up.

but it wasnt turbo when i seen it? did you change your mind?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to Nextgen once and they where very knowledgeable and overall great people to work with. Not saying they are perfect, nobody is, but I wouldn't hesitate to get work done there.
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree exactly, it's how the shop serves the customer that's the most important. I had good things done at Nextgen as well as bad. Many people are happy with them so obviously they do good things, however I just stated from my experience that there were issues.

For those who are confused.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530251

for those running your mouths, I'd at least hope that you own (paid for) your car and that it can keep up.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
I agree exactly, it's how the shop serves the customer that's the most important. I had good things done at Nextgen as well as bad. Many people are happy with them so obviously they do good things, however I just stated from my experience that there were issues.

For those who are confused.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530251

for those running your mouths, I'd at least hope that you own (paid for) your car and that it can keep up.

paid for all 5 and financing number 6.

by the way did you your wending on those hood fittings?????

-

[ December 03, 2008, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: sic5pointSLOW ]

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gray03gt so what place would you take your car now??
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
sic ls1
¯
Member # 7036

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic ls1  Ford pictures for sic ls1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get your facts straight nick never tuned the car with it in over drive.

only person I would take my car to in the eastbay is canadian performance (TopNotch) or in sac AED both do great work.. I cant speak for Nextgen though.

[ December 04, 2008, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Just a lx ]

IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastasslightning:
quote:
Depends on the quality of work and professionalism that you seek. They get the job done but I've also been there watching two monkeys scrape off a differential gasket for over an hour. If your looking for professionals I'd look around more, I along with a number of others have been disappointed with the quality of service. On numerous occasions the car wasn't ready when they said it was, tools were left inside, interior panels laying on the floor. Seen first hand my suede steering wheel and seats being touched by greasy hands and clothes. ETC. Look at TOPnotch's shop, the quality of the work says it all. The difference is working on busted 5.0's vs fabricating $100,000 classics, turbo kits, drag cars, and road racing beasts. [patriot]

I remember you Alex.Your the one with the 2003 GT that leaked oil like those busted 5.0s you speak about. Here is a list of things off the top of my head that i can remember about your car.
*A pin on hood that looked like it was cut with a magnifying glass and sunlight,and the fact that the hood sat 3 inches below the fender
*A used turbo kit that was hacked together using 80 different pieces of pipe all different sizes!
* A nitrous bottle heater that was wired for power off the ECU! Which blew the fuse. But you didnt know what was wrong [Confused]
*Your bolt in roll cage with 10 inch long bolts
* oh and i recall a 4500 hundred stall on a stock motor!!
Also found out that you went to Nick to get it tuned and tried to blame him for destroying your over drive. I also heard you called us about a month ago to get in for a tune AGAIN?? right??? But you can sit here and saw all these things??
TO bring this to a final I have to say we have a lot of happy customers that we deal with, Your car was HACKED UP when you brought it to us, and if some fingerprints on your car that already was covered it grease and oil is your problem i dont know what to say sorry?. I know we fixed a ton of shit on your car and made it run well,so yea that all i have to say i dont post much on here but that one got to me after i saw it. I know the type of work we do here and yea not every time things go as planned but i know i do my best every time and take pride in my work, i know a lot of people that will back me on that! [patriot]

Chris may fart and stink most times during the day! But he does a wonderful job building motors! Just ask my car! She runs like a champ!

John

[ December 04, 2008, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: IRISH ]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastasslightning:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Hood don't look that bad to me but then again I didn't work on it.

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=033061

That is a different hood, if you saw what i saw you would know what i am talking about.
Gotcha, like I said, I didnt work on it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YEA CHRIS IS KOOL, HIS THUMBS CAN GET IN THE WAY AT TIMES [Big Grin]
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
YEA CHRIS IS KOOL, HIS THUMBS CAN GET IN THE WAY AT TIMES [Big Grin]

Dude! He's got some monster thumbs! If he was a monster we could call him ThumbZilla!
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

same hood its had since I sold IRISH the Stock one
TOPnotch
¯
Member # 1340

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOPnotch  Ford pictures for TOPnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW I had no idea that this was going on. I'm not real big on the general talk section here. Let me just chime in for a second. I have had my hands all over this car. And yes there were some things that were very wrong with this car. Many of the problems were created by the people or person that were working on it. People that just don't give a shit! And that is not directed to NEXGEN!!! I can't speak for who did what on this car. But there was some other board members that played a part on the destruction of this car.

That is in the past now car has been fixed and was fixed the right way! Nice looking car Alex!!!

--------------------
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten!!!

1QWKCHP
1QWKDRP

3rdlife
¯
Member # 8134

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 3rdlife  Ford pictures for 3rdlife  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nextgen is the only place i go for ANYthing!! lol i gotta dr pepper for jose ... a 2 liter! for a tune up haha! nah but serious these guys are the only mechanics ive ever been sure my car would be right...  -

ive recomended my friends and family to these guys. chris,dan,jose,matt, and the other mechanic with the glasses ..lol.. [Smile] i forget his name.. he rebuilt my rear end , and i still forgot

IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

quote:
same hood its had since I sold IRISH the Stock one

Thanks by the way! I think one of my favorite additions to the car! Love the hood scoop look!
nine
¯
Member # 6732

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nine  Ford pictures for nine    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
***shit deleted*** Facts speak for themselves, My piece of junk ran faster times then your shop car with nearly the same setup.

You gotta be kidding...You're comparing an NA car (the "shop car") to your power adder car??? On what planet does that make sense?

BTW AFAIK there's only THREE 2V Modular cars to run 10's NA and the Nextgen "shop car" is one of them.

quote:
Most of the "work" you speak of wasn't done by me. It was merely brought to you guys to be redone because another member on here did it and I wasn't happy with it.
So you're saying you didn't do the original NOS setup or build the orignal turbo setup? ...ok.... Then, it's unfortunate that you paid someone to do the original work.

quote:
Anyone who is curious just look at the cars that have left each shop. Bolt on and engine builds vs fully ground up cars done right.
get YOUR facts straight...

quote:
A "Professional" should act like one. Everyone has done good and bad work understandably but the service to the customer is the end all most important thing when you are in a service related job. I'm comfortable where my car is at and the fact that it puts out over 500rwhp on pump gas with a 2v and auto.
FACT: Nextgen refused to work on your car. There is a direct correlation between this refusal and your posts.

Hence, your credibility is lacking.

[ December 05, 2008, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: nine ]

nine
¯
Member # 6732

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nine  Ford pictures for nine    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87GTCOBRA:
THEY TAKE THE NEW SHIT ON YOUR CAR OFF AND PUT OLD SHIT ON I HERD.

What...are...you...talking about?

Is this an attempt to present heresay as fact?

WTF

LOL @
quote:
Originally posted by 87GTCOBRA:
...I HERD.

LIL_NOTCH
¯
Member # 1364

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LIL_NOTCH  Ford pictures for LIL_NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have not had any experience with Nexgen, but i have had alot of experience with Canadian Performance, his dedication to customers car, like they were is own is great. Fair prices with quality work you cant beat that. Great service! thanks for everything Chris

--------------------
13.0 WITH 3.55 AND EXHAUST

illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was over there last week and there are some cool guys. Im taking my car back there to get tuned after I get it put back together.
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

I love how people think they know what was done to my car when they've only seen it a couple times, if that. The nextgen car was a nitrous car at one time...just like mine. And yes I have paid for bad work (Not From NEXTGEN) and have had to repay someone to do it rght, hence the importance of finding able mechanics who your comfortable with.
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

you said that your car ran a faster time then the shop car, correct? i do remembering Daniel saying that you had CAMS. all the shop car had was nitrous and the regular bolt ons.
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

man thats kinda funny cause from the sound of it you havnt done a dam thing to your car yourself.... you bought it how it was and paid people to fix it for you...

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com