Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Oscar De La Hoya Vs. Manny Pacquiao (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Oscar De La Hoya Vs. Manny Pacquiao
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well I agree and dont agree. After the Morales (pt 1) fight it seemed he became a more complete boxer as in setting up his punches. He comes forward with purpose IMO. Hatton comes in just swinging for the fences from all angles. Which in itself is a talent.

But it will definitely be a interesting affair. And I think Pac will do better than most are crediting. If I were betting man, I would put some $$$ on Pac.

Something tells me that Maywether jr. will be watching this fight VERY closely. He will want to fight the winner sometime next year Because it would be a big money easy fight for him to win. I just want you to make a thread after pacman gets his head knocked off stating I am the boxing guru of cafords and I once again was right ok N8
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well I agree and dont agree. After the Morales (pt 1) fight it seemed he became a more complete boxer as in setting up his punches. He comes forward with purpose IMO. Hatton comes in just swinging for the fences from all angles. Which in itself is a talent.

But it will definitely be a interesting affair. And I think Pac will do better than most are crediting. If I were betting man, I would put some $$$ on Pac.

Something tells me that Maywether jr. will be watching this fight VERY closely. He will want to fight the winner sometime next year Because it would be a big money easy fight for him to win. I just want you to make a thread after pacman gets his head knocked off stating I am the boxing guru of cafords and I once again was right ok N8
Once again? lol...that assumes you have been right before. I will always be the boxing guru of CaFords. Been watching boxing since you were a twinkle in your dads eyes....lol.

damn, Young whipper-snappers (Actually I hope I am older than you [Big Grin] )

Maweather v Pac is not a good fight. I think we will see Mayweather v Valuev before then. And even then I am riding with Mayweather.

[ December 01, 2008, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Once again? lol...that assumes you have been right before. I will always be the boxing guru of CaFords. Been watching boxing since you were a twinkle in your dads eyes....lol.

Maweather v Pac is not a good fight. I think we will see Mayweather v Valuev before then. And even then I am riding with Mayweather.

Lets see, I was right about the Cotto Margarito fight I think I even called the round. the hatton Maywether fight. Hell I was even right about the Lesnar vs Couture fight and the Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell fight. Needless to say I am the boxing/fight Guru on Cafords. My record speaks for itself.

P.S. I also predicted Kimbo would lose to that Sth Petruzelli(sp) guy as well. but that was on another board

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone who knows boxing a little bit could call those 2 fights.

You can have the MMA crown. I dont even like that garbage.

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I want to know is who is going to fight Margarito?
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
All I want to know is who is going to fight Margarito?

Shane Mosely is fighting Margarito early next year. I personally think Mosely should retire. whats interesting is that Margarito turned down over 4 million dollars to face Paul Williams (who he lost to a couple years ago) saying it was not enough money and instead chose to fight Mosely for 2 million. It sounds to me like Margarito knows Williams will whoop that ass again and took the easy way out.

P.S if you have any boxing ?'s let me know. I am the boxing Guru of cafords. In other words don"t ask N8 cause he dont know LOL!

[ December 01, 2008, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: 91 5.0 5speed ]

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Oscar will win, he's too big for Manny. Too big meaning a bigger frame and will walk thru his punches. I think Oscar via TKO in the middle rounds. Manny has that slugger mentality and will try to take out the bigger Oscat. In my opinion that's what you don't want to do, he has to fight like Mayweather. Hit and move, hit and move, don't get caught up in the moment and slug with the bigger man.
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
pacman is great fighter, but oscar is to big for him...so my money is on oscar...

lol... He is not too big. One thing I believe Oscar is having in his favor is taking the hits from bigger guys for a longer period, but Pac can still hit. Also dont forget their travels through the pro ranks are similar if you think about it. Oscar started off as a lightweight and moved up. Pac is doing the same just faster. But the technology of today facilitates that. I am still going with Pac Man to pull this one out by split decision. Oscar is miles away from where he was in his prime. And while I do not think Oscar will get knocked out. He will know he has been in a fight. Hell Steve Forbes was able to tag him earl and often. And Forbes is no Pacquaio.

Eastbay
You must have forgot about B-Hop. Also if you look back, while Oscar is a great money generator and business man. He is basically 0-5 when he fights the undisputed pound for pound fighters. Trinidad, Mosely, B-hop, Mayweather (I dont consider Sweet Pea a P4P but that was a impressive victory). Not taking nothing from him as he is a hall of famer. But he never really showed me much as a fan of boxing. Because when it is really on, the whole Golden Boy thing seems to tarnish.

straight from wikepedia

"Manny Pacquiao started his professional boxing career in 1995 at 106 lbs (Light flyweight)"

oscar started fighting at 130lbs

I never said they started off at the same weight class. I drew a comparison to the 5-6 weight class moves they both made. My point was technology of today makes it possible to make bigger faster jumps. So that edge Oscar would have had in the late 90's - 2001 has for the most part dissipated. And you need never quote wiki's to me. I have followed boxing for quite a while (and even box myself [Razz] )
ok ic what you were saying, i shoulda re read your post...you make a good point..
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by saleen_freak:
Too big? its only 1 weight class up. Whatever tho Pacman will KO Oscar.

its actually 2 weight classes, and if you take into consideration that he just move up to 135 its really going to be 3 weight classes...
No its one weight class 130-135 is lightweight 140-147 is welter. Then the governing bodies flooded the scene with "super-this" and "junior-this". It is pretty much only a 1 class jump. Plus Pac's resting weight is on the high end of the lightweight's. So at welter I am just not seeing it being a big drawback. Now going up on coming down like RJJ does. That takes a toll on your body more than a one-way progression. Basically the playing field is a little more even than some are crediting. IMO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_weight_classes

its still 2 weight classes, and he just move up to 135lbs, any way you look at it hes making a big jump...i dont think oscar never had a jump
that big....

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Nobody and I mean nobody wants to see Paul Williams. That is why he is dropping his belts left and right and moving weight classes trying to get fights. I am most definite that Paul would floor Margarito. Hopkins like movement, Young RJJ like speed (well sort of...lol), and freak-sih power in both gloves. No to mention he is tall. And I give Mosely a bit more than a punchers chance with Margarito. Though I do favor Margarito I can see Mosely pulling off an upset.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Nobody and I mean nobody wants to see Paul Williams. That is why he is dropping his belts left and right and moving weight classes trying to get fights. I am most definite that Paul would floor Margarito. Hopkins like movement, Young RJJ like speed (well sort of...lol), and freak-sih power in both gloves. No to mention he is tall. And I give Mosely a bit more than a punchers chance with Margarito. Though I do favor Margarito I can see Mosely pulling off an upset.

You do know that Willians and MArgarito already fought don"t you? MArgarito did alright but he was just outclassed in that bout. Mosely had his hands full with a bum named mayorga it took him until the last round to K.O him. a few years ago Mayorga would not have lasted 5 rounds with Moseley. In fact Mosely was behind on points on atleast one scorecard until that K.O. Moseley always has trouble with taller fighters think Vernon forrest and Winky Wright. I fully expect for Mosely to get beat up when he faces Margarito. It's a bad matchup for him at this stage of his career, Mosely is just not the same at all and is on the decline.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

You do know that Willians and MArgarito already fought don"t you? MArgarito did alright but he was just outclassed in that bout. Mosely had his hands full with a bum named mayorga it took him until the last round to K.O him. a few years ago Mayorga would not have lasted 5 rounds with Moseley. In fact Mosely was behind on points on atleast one scorecard until that K.O. Moseley always has trouble with taller fighters think Vernon forrest and Winky Wright. I fully expect for Mosely to get beat up when he faces Margarito. It's a bad matchup for him at this stage of his career, Mosely is just not the same at all and is on the decline.
Yea I know they fought. I am saying if he were to take that fight it would be extremely one sided and he would be floored as in KO'd. Yea I have Margarito in this one too. But I would not be surprised to see him upset Margarito. Shane can punch and is a hall of famer. You really cannot give him absolutely no chance. Tho I really dont understand this match up. There were better fights out there. But they are both action fighters so it should be a good one either way.

Also I wouldnt call Mayorga a bum. He is a tough SOB, makes some bad choices in the ring like letting people hit him (ala the Dela Hoya fight). He beat a very game Forrest, Vargas and had Tito almost lights out.

[ December 02, 2008, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Yea I know they fought. I am saying if he were to take that fight it would be extremely one sided and he would be floored as in KO'd. Yea I have Margarito in this one too. But I would not be surprised to see him upset Margarito. Shane can punch and is a hall of famer. You really cannot give him absolutely no chance. Tho I really dont understand this match up. There were better fights out there. But they are both action fighters so it should be a good one either way.

Also I wouldnt call Mayorga a bum. He is a tough SOB, makes some bad choices in the ring like letting people hit him (ala the Dela Hoya fight). He beat a very game Forrest, Vargas and had Tito almost lights out.

Mayorga beat a shop worn out of shape fat Vargas. I never saw Trinidad in any trouble vs Mayorga. He did beat Vernon forrest the first fight but I thought the second was very close. Guys chose to fight Mayorga because they know he is one dimensional and can make them look great when they beat him. Mosely was banking on that and had his hands full with him. To me this is a VERY bad fight for shane and he should pretty much hang them up. Think about this, Mosely was being outboxed and beatin to the punch by Cotto! Moseley was suppose to be the superior boxer in that fight and faster but he was'nt I personally thought it was a draw but Mosely has not looked to great as of late. I give him a very slim chance of beating Margarito at this stage in his career.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Mayorga beat a shop worn out of shape fat Vargas. I never saw Trinidad in any trouble vs Mayorga. He did beat Vernon forrest the first fight but I thought the second was very close. Guys chose to fight Mayorga because they know he is one dimensional and can make them look great when they beat him. Mosely was banking on that and had his hands full with him. To me this is a VERY bad fight for shane and he should pretty much hang them up. Think about this, Mosely was being outboxed and beatin to the punch by Cotto! Moseley was suppose to be the superior boxer in that fight and faster but he was'nt I personally thought it was a draw but Mosely has not looked to great as of late. I give him a very slim chance of beating Margarito at this stage in his career.
Mayorga dropped Tito with a nice crispy right hand I believe it was the second or third round. But yea after that it was downhill for Mayorga..lol. But the dude is dangerous and not a bum. Dumb fighter at times, but no bum. Yea I had Mosely winning a split decision in the Cotto fight. And he could have looked better. But people spoke like he was gonna get blown out. I do think he will lose to Margarito. But I dont see a blow victory. And I see more than a punchers chance of a victory for Shane.

And I am still riding with Pac to pull it out too.

93cobra
¯
Member # 2635

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobra  Ford pictures for 93cobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pacman

--------------------
93foxbody wtb 93 cobra intake

Posts: 673 | From: vacaville,ca | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93cobra:
Pacman

MEXICAN KILLER
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow oscar's a bitch who needs to retire lol he like 100 yaers old in boxing years. pac WON!!!!!!!!!! gentle men FN crazy cant believe it

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 427 StRoKeR SN94:
wow oscar's a bitch who needs to retire lol he like 100 yaers old in boxing years. pac WON!!!!!!!!!! gentle men FN crazy cant believe it

well I have to give N8 his props he was right Pacman was too much for oscar. Oscar looked really slow and really old. Pacman was tagging him at will. Oscar took off to much weight and was just lathargic. gotta give pacman his pops though he fought a perfect fight. he kept turning Oscar so he could not get set. Oscar should just retire. The fight of the year is gonna be Hatton vs Paquiao. I have taht as a pick em fight right now. The winner is gonna fight maywether, watch!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL Pacman all the way. Looked like it wasn't even a fair fight.
Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody have a link to the fight?

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
91CHP_Coupe
¯
Member # 7686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91CHP_Coupe  Ford pictures for 91CHP_Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pacman whooped de la hoya's ASS. Man it wasnt even a challenge for him! De la hoya was fuckin blind at the end his eye was so Freakin swollen... Good ass fight for pac man threw 8 rounds!!!

--------------------
69 Mach 1
91 Coupe HCI. SOLD
04 DSG Mach 1

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah right, de la hoya too big?? shit, manny wooped that ass [Eek!] pinoy [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oscar is washed up! I won 500$ off that fight! Pacman baby!

[ December 07, 2008, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Lets see, I was right about the Cotto Margarito fight I think I even called the round. the hatton Maywether fight. Hell I was even right about the Lesnar vs Couture fight and the Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell fight. Needless to say I am the boxing/fight Guru on Cafords. My record speaks for itself.

P.S. I also predicted Kimbo would lose to that Sth Petruzelli(sp) guy as well. but that was on another board

You were wrong.

N8 - Boxing GURU of Cafords. [patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by 427 StRoKeR SN94:

well I have to give N8 his props he was right Pacman was too much for oscar. Oscar looked really slow and really old. Pacman was tagging him at will. Oscar took off to much weight and was just lathargic. gotta give pacman his pops though he fought a perfect fight. he kept turning Oscar so he could not get set. Oscar should just retire. The fight of the year is gonna be Hatton vs Paquiao. I have taht as a pick em fight right now. The winner is gonna fight maywether, watch!
I do not agree. If Hatton wins, well that one is a no-brainer. Mayweather made him look amateur at best. So neither Hatton nor Mayweather will want that fight. Mayweather is much too much a perfect fighter for Pac. It would be a seriously bad match up for him. He makes way too many mistakes and takes too many gambles. Mayweather would just frustrate pac and potentially sleep him. Plus Pac has never faced a person with double the speed and power he has (Mayweather has more power than he is creditted for). I do not see Pac even getting close to winning against Mayweather. Too many obstacles and puzzles to figure out. Now I would like to see Pac and Zab or Pac and Hatton. Those would be some action packed fights.

But I do not think Mayweather is coming out of retirement anytime soon. Word has it, he has balooned up pretty good.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com