Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Oscar De La Hoya Vs. Manny Pacquiao (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Oscar De La Hoya Vs. Manny Pacquiao
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by 427 StRoKeR SN94:
wow oscar's a bitch who needs to retire lol he like 100 yaers old in boxing years. pac WON!!!!!!!!!! gentle men FN crazy cant believe it

well I have to give N8 his props he was right Pacman was too much for oscar. Oscar looked really slow and really old. Pacman was tagging him at will. Oscar took off to much weight and was just lathargic. gotta give pacman his pops though he fought a perfect fight. he kept turning Oscar so he could not get set. Oscar should just retire. The fight of the year is gonna be Hatton vs Paquiao. I have taht as a pick em fight right now. The winner is gonna fight maywether, watch!
I do not agree. If Hatton wins, well that one is a no-brainer. Mayweather made him look amateur at best. So neither Hatton nor Mayweather will want that fight. Mayweather is much too much a perfect fighter for Pac. It would be a seriously bad match up for him. He makes way too many mistakes and takes too many gambles. Mayweather would just frustrate pac and potentially sleep him. Plus Pac has never faced a person with double the speed and power he has (Mayweather has more power than he is creditted for). I do not see Pac even getting close to winning against Mayweather. Too many obstacles and puzzles to figure out. Now I would like to see Pac and Zab or Pac and Hatton. Those would be some action packed fights.

But I do not think Mayweather is coming out of retirement anytime soon. Word has it, he has balooned up pretty good.

I saw a pic of maywether a couple months ago and he did not look fat. in fact they say he is in th gym all the time. Maywether has already been talking to hatton about fighting him in a rematch in England. If they fought in England he would make a good 15-20 million provided that hatton gets past Pacman which is not easy task for him. I think maywether is too skilled for pac. I still think Oscar had a bad game plan from jump and the wrong trainers which contributed to him gettin his ass whooped. But hey thats the way it goes. I am sure 30 miillion and a fine ass wife will help oscar sleep pretty good Lol! Mille de la hoya is a bad bitch! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW atleast oscar showed up... but to bad he didnt fight back!!! lol That was the most boring shit ever didnt even look like oscar but washed up fighters need to retire!!!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9svtcobra8:
...didnt even look like oscar....

Actually it did. Looked just like:

Oscar v Mayweather
Oscar v Hopkins
Oscar v Trinidad
Oscar v Mosely x 2

And personally I thought he lost against Strum. Oscar never shows up for the mega fights. I do not want to say he fought bums to the top. But he loses when it really counts.

I have not heard anything serious of a Mayweather v Hatton II. Mayweather should just stay retired.

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 9svtcobra8:
...didnt even look like oscar....

Actually it did. Looked just like:

Oscar v Mayweather
Oscar v Hopkins
Oscar v Trinidad
Oscar v Mosely x 2

And personally I thought he lost against Strum. Oscar never shows up for the mega fights. I do not want to say he fought bums to the top. But he loses when it really counts.

I have not heard anything serious of a Mayweather v Hatton II. Mayweather should just stay retired.

Even though Oscar did not when some of his megafights I still give him credit for going out and fighting 99% of the best fighters of his era. He never really ducked too many people. Win or lose if somone was close to his weight class and it could make him some money he fought. He looked like shit on Saturday but he did alot to popularize the sport and is a first ballot hall of famer. I hope he retires and sticks to promoting.
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
wow oscar's a bitch who needs to retire lol he like 100 yaers old in boxing years. pac WON!!!!!!!!!! gentle men FN crazy cant believe it

well I have to give N8 his props he was right Pacman was too much for oscar. Oscar looked really slow and really old. Pacman was tagging him at will. Oscar took off to much weight and was just lathargic. gotta give pacman his pops though he fought a perfect fight. he kept turning Oscar so he could not get set. Oscar should just retire. The fight of the year is gonna be Hatton vs Paquiao. I have taht as a pick em fight right now. The winner is gonna fight maywether, watch!
I do not agree. If Hatton wins, well that one is a no-brainer. Mayweather made him look amateur at best. So neither Hatton nor Mayweather will want that fight. Mayweather is much too much a perfect fighter for Pac. It would be a seriously bad match up for him. He makes way too many mistakes and takes too many gambles. Mayweather would just frustrate pac and potentially sleep him. Plus Pac has never faced a person with double the speed and power he has (Mayweather has more power than he is creditted for). I do not see Pac even getting close to winning against Mayweather. Too many obstacles and puzzles to figure out. Now I would like to see Pac and Zab or Pac and Hatton. Those would be some action packed fights.

But I do not think Mayweather is coming out of retirement anytime soon. Word has it, he has balooned up pretty good.

Mayweather may be a more complete fighter than pac, but Mayweather definitely doesn't have double his speed, LOL.
On the contrary, Manny is quicker than Mayweather. Mayweather is a very smart fighter and defensive counter puncher, but I think the opposite in that Manny would frustrate Mayweather with his quickness.
What I do agree with you on is Mayweather's power. He doesn't get enough credit for that, but right now Manny looks ferocious!
His win over Oscar was more impressive than Mayweathers, and for that alone he should be considered.

[ December 08, 2008, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: COBRAreflection ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by COBRAreflection:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Mayweather may be a more complete fighter than pac, but Mayweather definitely doesn't have double his speed, LOL.
On the contrary, Manny is quicker than Mayweather. Mayweather is a very smart fighter and defensive counter puncher, but I think the opposite in that Manny would frustrate Mayweather with his quickness.
What I do agree with you on is Mayweather's power. He doesn't get enough credit for that, but right now Manny looks ferocious!
His win over Oscar was more impressive than Mayweathers, and for that alone he should be considered.

Yes Mayweather is considerably faster than Pac. 2x's may be a little generous. But Pac is definitely not faster. Now when I say faster it goes beyond hand speed which I still think Mayweather has him on too. Boxing is a brutal sport. So the fashion that Pac brutalized Oscar yes I will give you, his win is more impressive. But the way Mayweather orchestrated his victory was just genius. Thus enter the saying "The Sweet Science". But taking nothing away from Pac his victory was marvelous and he deserves without a doubt the p4p title. I am a big fan of Pac. But more of a fan of boxing. And I am not betting man at all. But for those that would take Pac over a prime conditioned Mayweather. Hell they say a fool and his money is soon parted. And who am I to not let a fool part with his money. I would bet on this one. And dont forget. Hatton is nothing but a version of Pac when it come to output and pressure. And look what Mayweather did to him. I highly doubt a Mayweather match would be made with Pac, but one could dream.

As for Oscar, I think this soils his legacy to some degree. He is 0 for 6 against the P4P elite. And himself never reaching the P4P crown, I think kinda diminishes his image IMO. I wish he would have just stayed retired.

[ December 08, 2008, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 [Big Grin]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by COBRAreflection:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Yes Mayweather is considerably faster than Pac. 2x's may be a little generous. But Pac is definitely not faster. Now when I say faster it goes beyond hand speed which I still think Mayweather has him on too. Boxing is a brutal sport. So the fashion that Pac brutalized Oscar yes I will give you, his win is more impressive. But the way Mayweather orchestrated his victory was just genius. Thus enter the saying "The Sweet Science". But taking nothing away from Pac his victory was marvelous and he deserves without a doubt the p4p title. I am a big fan of Pac. But more of a fan of boxing. And I am not betting man at all. But for those that would take Pac over a prime conditioned Mayweather. Hell they say a fool and his money is soon parted. And who am I to not let a fool part with his money. I would bet on this one. And dont forget. Hatton is nothing but a version of Pac when it come to output and pressure. And look what Mayweather did to him. I highly doubt a Mayweather match would be made with Pac, but one could dream.

As for Oscar, I think this soils his legacy to some degree. He is 0 for 6 against the P4P elite. And himself never reaching the P4P crown, I think kinda diminishes his image IMO. I wish he would have just stayed retired.

One fight cannot take away all the things Oscar did in the ring throughout his ENTIRE career. If that were the case people would consider Ali a bum after getting whooped by Holmes and Trevor Berbick. (yes Ali fought again even after losing to Holmes) Betcha did not know That! Holyfield would also be considered a bum even though I have to somewhat agree that he TRULY IS TARNISHING his legacy by CONTINUING to fight. But in all reality you can't take away all the great things he did in the ring through his ENTIRE career. Even though he conttinues to fight and lose he will still be a first ballot hall of famer when he retires around 65 or so
N8
¯
Member # 6048

The 2 you mentioned (Ali and Real Deal). Yes fought past their prime. But also touched the P4P list and beat folks on it. DeLaHoya has never done that. He loses his big fights to the creme of the crop. But yes you are right. He is a shoe in for the Hall. The championships across multiple weight classes is nothing to shake a stick at. But as he keeps fighting these fighters that obviously outclass him. Makes him look really bad. Like I said, I saw the demise when he fought Strum. He was done then IMO. He should have lost that fight.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
The 2 you mentioned (Ali and Real Deal). Yes fought past their prime. But also touched the P4P list and beat folks on it. DeLaHoya has never done that. He loses his big fights to the creme of the crop. But yes you are right. He is a shoe in for the Hall. The championships across multiple weight classes is nothing to shake a stick at. But as he keeps fighting these fighters that obviously outclass him. Makes him look really bad. Like I said, I saw the demise when he fought Strum. He was done then IMO. He should have lost that fight.

ummmm I am positive that Oscar has been on many p4p list throughout his career.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Yes I agree he has been on the list. Bad choice of words by me. He has never been the THE pound for pound best boxer. And I would venture to say he has never cracked the top ten. To his credit there are several that are in that boat. But. His undeniable knack for losing to the reigning P4P boxers is undeniable.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Yes I agree he has been on the list. Bad choice of words by me. He has never been the THE pound for pound best boxer. And I would venture to say he has never cracked the top ten. To his credit there are several that are in that boat. But. His undeniable knack for losing to the reigning P4P boxers is undeniable.
If you truly think Oscar has never been the p4p best in boxing or even in the top 10 you are insane!
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

If you truly think Oscar has never been the p4p best in boxing or even in the top 10 you are insane!
I am not above being corrected. But after years of watching his fights. I have never, ever heard him called the P4P king of boxing. Like Manny has, Like RJJ has, Like Manny has, Like B-hop has. It just doesnt ring in my head and from my brief search I found nothing. But I just do not see him being called that as he always loses to the person who is that.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I am not above being corrected. But after years of watching his fights. I have never, ever heard him called the P4P king of boxing. Like Manny has, Like RJJ has, Like Manny has, Like B-hop has. It just doesnt ring in my head and from my brief search I found nothing. But I just do not see him being called that as he always loses to the person who is that.
Back in the late 90's Oscar was at or near the top of the p4p list. he has been on the top 10 p4p list up until about 4-5 years ago

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com