Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Judge Orders Racer's Vehicle to be Crushed. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Judge Orders Racer's Vehicle to be Crushed.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
quote:
Originally posted by gt from 650:
after watching the video the commentator.. said this is a result of stolen parts.(reason why it was crushed)

Yeah, I caught that too. As I understand it though, the law seems to give complete discretionary power to the officers. Furthermore, the judges have only ordered cars with stolen parts to be crushed so far, but the LAPD website makes it sound like they have the authority to crush any car involved in illegal street racing. Say you buy a cold air for your 03 Cobra on CA Fords and it ends up being stolen. YOU ARE F@$KED! How would you know? Don't buy anything from anybody that "seems" shady. Hell, half the people I have bought sh!t from on here "seem" shady. What if you buy a used car legally and it ends up having a stolen motor in it. How many of us check the engine numbers when we buy a used car? I don't. We all need to write letters are something...hell if I know.
I agree with your point. It's always the cops word against the lonely perp. Guess who always wins?

You could be doing 100+ mph on a lonely road and passing some car and some cop sees you. He could think you were racing that car you just passed and boom car impounded/crushed. Or get reckless for being over 100+ mph. It just depends on how the cop is feeling at that time.

This discretion needs to be milled over with a fine tooth comb.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

If you guys want to read more on this check out the Sacramento Bee newspaper and their forums. I guess the laws been dubbed the "Anti-Asian Legislation". Even though Hondas with huge wings are downright LAME, it still sucks to see anybody get picked on by the fuzz. And you know that when they are done with the Ricers they'll be picking on us.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

If you guys want to read more on this check out the Sacramento Bee newspaper and their forums. I guess the laws been dubbed the "Anti-Asian Legislation". Even though Hondas with huge wings are downright LAME, it still sucks to see anybody get picked on by the fuzz. And you know that when they are done with the Ricers they'll be picking on us.
give an inch.. They will take a mile.

Just like Bush and the Patriot act. Freedom is going bye,bye. [patriot]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just gonna get worse,someday it will be for just modified parts. With all the carbon crazys about it will come sooner rather than later. People are too weeny to stand up to the government and its unconstitutional ways,suck it up. [patriot]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C.:
quote:
Originally posted by Thirteen Twenty:
quote:
Originally posted by 8Notch9:
Hope this isn't a repost.

http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_7465257

1. it just a ricer
2. this fag is trying to make a name for himself
3. I don't care if there are cops on here if some judge/cop does that to my car I assure you he will meet his end. May be years later when the conviction has been forgotten by the courts but It will happen.

If you get caught doing something illegal be prepared to pay the consequences... NO ones fault but ur own.
well said bro, ya this had nothing to do with STREET RACING it was just some kid steeling parts and other shit, he was doing illegal shit, so *^CK him and his JUNK CAR!!! [Big Grin]

There is no way they can do that to a car that "has no stolen parts"

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
well said bro, ya this had nothing to do with STREET RACING it was just some kid steeling parts and other shit, he was doing illegal shit, so *^CK him and his JUNK CAR!!! [Big Grin]

There is no way they can do that to a car that "has no stolen parts"

It's just lame when a couple of f$%kers that steal some sh!t get the police cracking down on everybody with a modified car. We should get together as an online comunity and have ZERO tolerance for that sh!t. Catch anybody stealing sh!t and California Fords will come kick their f%^kin a$$ and drop them off at the police station.

I know it's not gonna happen, but I can dream can't I. It seems to me like I don't know anybody that has any stolen shit, but it's always like a "somebodies buddy knows somebody" type of thing. When we hear about that sh!t we should just flat out turn people in. The idea that if we police ourselves then the cops might lay off is just a pipe dream though. You bring a couple of people to justice vigilante style and the cops will just act like it's more of a problem than they thought and crack down even more.

To me, the only answer if you want to be able to have a sick a$$ car and drive fast without getting in trouble...be a cop!

I don't want to name names or anything, but I deal with a lot of police officers on a day to day basis and they always have some of the sickest sh!t and you wonder how they get it legal. I've seen one guy with a Honda CR500 2-Stroke Supermotard. Those things polute so much that you can't hardly even ride them off road anymore. I saw this guy pull up on this thing...blue smoke pouring out the tail pipe and I asked how the hell somebody got a plate on that thing...my boss is all "he's a cop stupid". Go figure.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com